Thread: new pistons and rods

Hybrid booster

new pistons and rods

trying to decide if i should put these in or not, i want to but its not going to be built the way i want it but i also risk breaking a rod pushing them to the limit once i get the meth on and tuneing. ive had these parts for a while now`but i didnt put it together because i wanted to have a fully ported head,cams, rebuilt and i didnt and still dont have that yet.

so i guess my question is, for you guys that have broken a t3 with lots of power what kind of power were you making on stock parts. i know jacksons buddys rod bolt broke at 500+hp, so iam guessing thats the power level where we start testing the limits of our high milage stock parts? for those of you that truely beat on your car not just a 400hp run once a year

h-beams and venolias

turbo addict

Re: new pistons and rods

Not quite sure I understand what you're asking. You want to not run your aftermarket rods and pistons in favor of stock stuff on a motor that is going to see big power?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I don't see the issue, build the bottom end once, put the stock head on then when you get the ported head done, its a simple job to replace.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

i guess i really dont want to put this motor together useing these rods and pistons "unless" there is an issue with a stock engine comeing apart at high HP levels because i actually abuse the hell out of my cars. I understand they have been proven to over 500hp but how often are they at that level as iam sure my car would see that atleast a couple times every friday and saturday.

i was really saveing the parts for when i put it in my omni or shadow or conquest what ever i decide.

maybe i should just make this car a good solid 400+whp car and call it good and save these parts for my other car. sorry was just kinda excited about putting it together