Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TIII Parts and Spirit R/T shell(100% Rust Free!)

turbo addict

Re: TIII Parts and Spirit R/T shell(100% Rust Free!)

yes please do keep me in mind? and UPS??? is that ups frieght? cus ups ground wouldnt even take an engine. maybe i ca do a quote just to get an idea of price difference between fedex freight and ups freight. ups is usually more in general than fedex so im just guessing ups might be a ripoff on shipping an engine? idk. But yea def keep me informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmesich View Post
    thanks for the quick reply
    LMK
    I will do.

Quote Originally Posted by tsiconquest88 View Post
    yes please do keep me in mind? and UPS??? is that ups frieght? cus ups ground wouldnt even take an engine. maybe i ca do a quote just to get an idea of price difference between fedex freight and ups freight. ups is usually more in general than fedex so im just guessing ups might be a ripoff on shipping an engine? idk. But yea def keep me informed.
    FedEx doesnt stop by our shop on a regulary basis, UPS is there daily. Only reason I brought them up. How soon would you be looking to get it if I can borrow a truck?

turbo addict

I figure if i could get a forged bottom end for the price of just the parts i need to get mine back up and going i might as well do that, how many miles are on your bottom end since the rebuild? any idea? was the oil pressure good? im interested depending how much ups decides to charge for this, 150 or so i might be in, im giving that number cus thats how much it costed me to have my built 2.6 shipped to someone and its a bigger and heavier block than the 2.2 but it was fedex freight. so yea maybe see what you can have it shipped for since you have the discount for business. and i might be able to have you go to business if that makes it even cheaper. can you pop me a couple pics of it to my email... tsiconquest88@hotmail.com thanks man

I dont have an idea of mileage, never had any trouble out of it. Josh and I took care of it(I just failed to want to go on with the SRT in the drive and me looking to buy another). Let me see if I can get a crate made for it, I pay what you'd pay for shipping. I'm not allowed to use the business account for labels I can only bring it in for pickup. Ive been curious just how much it cost LKQ to ship an engine/transmission lol.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moparfwdsleeper View Post
    I dont have an idea of mileage, never had any trouble out of it. Josh and I took care of it(I just failed to want to go on with the SRT in the drive and me looking to buy another). Let me see if I can get a crate made for it, I pay what you'd pay for shipping. I'm not allowed to use the business account for labels I can only bring it in for pickup. Ive been curious just how much it cost LKQ to ship an engine/transmission lol.
    Shipping is usually $1.50 a lb for an engine.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

well my 2.6 weighed 250 pounds and costed 150, fedex freight, from fedex location to business loading dock. mighta helped in its pricing. Guess all we can do is try right. however i might be able to score a business loading dock as drop off which would bring it to a non-res drop-off and make it a but cheaper. i will do an est, whats ur zip and city of pickup spot and all? and i will figure the weight in at 200 pounds. i doubt its any more than that if its got no accessories or nothing on it. which is what i would prefer for cheapest price.

It's Depew OK 74028

Good thinking on them picking it up. I forgot they do that LOL

turbo addict

wow man, for them to go from your place of business to my res is over 250, to go from your place of business to IF i can score a bus drop-off is 158 which is about what i paid for fedex but theres a weird thing on ups when i was getting the quote that asks class and i dont get that but i tried the smallest number 50 and that was 158 then tried 100 as a probable highest number to worry about and went up to over 200. supposedly class says it means value and size, htf it can be both as a number idk lol. i did 500 in case it meant 500 in worth and that didnt even give an amount says call lol. i doubt if "class" in fact means worth, then 500 over the 50 i originally quoted wouldnt change the price that much. going from 50 to 100 was a $100 increase from 158 to 258. IDK we will see i guess anyway.

try fedex, that info above is my house(just incase i cant borrow a truck).

turbo addict

yea i just got done trying both and got off the phone with fedex just now actually. for 150 pounds i can get it done from your business to business by me for 149.19 but idk what it actually weighs. 200 pounds brings it up to 196.75 The 149 sounds good lol. I would think your engine is 150 or so. any way you can weight it? might sound funny but i actually put mine on a house scale when i had the interested buyer ask for a quote and it was only 2 pounds off from the actual fedex freight scale's readout. Not everyone can carry an engine around by themsevles though and i understand that lol. I just am seeing maybe try it if you have some that can carry it with you. I just rather get the best quote possible before saying yes ya know. I carried mine up 2 flights of stairs to keep it in my kitchen back when i took it out of the car to store it lol. Obviously i dont expect you to be able to do that lol, just seeing if weighing it is something you can do lol.

well i couldnt talk my wife into letting me use her scale lol. Im going to try to get it sorted out tomorrow(asking her grandma if I can use her truck, has only worked a few times so lets hope lol).

If I can, I'll drop it off at a FedEx location

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12