Thread: 87 Shelby Charger GLHS #232

Hybrid booster

87 Shelby Charger GLHS #232

I know but I've been procrastinating on posting up for sale.

Are the links working now?

Here is the link to my pics I took at MATS. Engine picks later but it doesn't leave spots on the ground. First one I've owned that didn't leak something

Here's the calender entry. Wish the paint still looked like that but I prefer it running the way it does then looking the way it did.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15157

$4000 solid. <-- This is the quick sale price because I need to close a couple deals. If I continue restoring it, the price will deservingly skyrocket and I'll make it a show car so I'll just park it somewhere. Like maybe Alan's new garage?!

2.2 mopar reman engine (yes, rebuilt head too) from yard that I rebuilt. Honed rods (+.020) with ARP rod bolts
    2.5" swingvalve
    2.5" down pipe for about an inch then
    3.0" exhaust all the way to a new GTO exhaust tip (friend works at an exhaust shop)
    568 (big spline) trans (rebuilt by me)
    4puck ceramic by clutch net with rebuilt pressure plate (I have the numbers of plate in a picture somewhere) Stockish pressure with no slipping.
    FFV injectors with supporting cal set to 10psi
    poly bushings on newer K frame. (replaced cracked one by me)
    All moog tie rods and ball joints. That being said, one ball joint is bad.
    Can and will convert to rear non vented disc by end of month N/C (I just moved and my new shop is a disaster area)
    Can convert front brakes to R/T brakes for $500 (custom machined knuckles to fit AND be aligned) I'm parting my GLH and can "sell" that set up to the S car.
    Absolutely, 100% ZERO rust. (Think "Arizona rust free car")
    All wiring has been gone through. That includes replacing about 12 pins and the "red and blue" plugs at LM with ones that don't have the retaining plate. Also replaced body plug because the nutcert broke. (stupid gremlins)

Some of the engine wiring has been wrapped in snake skin including the fuel harness which has been converted to the flex fuel single plug harness. Injectors, O2, and knock are all on one plug. And the wires are "tucked" too.

Currently has the 120A alternator but planning on taking that off unless I can find another one.

Paint is quickly angering me as I bought it as an 8/10 and it's now a 7/10 and may be a 6/10 before end of summer. One of the reasons I'm selling it way lower then it's worth.

No decals on the car. All the decals are in a tube ready to be put on minus the front and rear window. Pointless to put on till I get the paint handled.
    Also have the rear window louvers. Again, waiting till after it's painted to install.

Mopar replaced the gauge cluster before I got it. Don't know why. No GLHS speedo markings

Window scrapers are in classic turbo dodge condition

Very descent sound system. Can "bump" or just sound good. I listen to metal, classical, etc., so it's set up to sound good.

I'll keep adding to the list as I remember.

Located in San Diego, Ca

I bought it as a daily driver that I could paint and put the decals on and then sell, but instead I rebuilt/fixed everything on it. Seriously. Every time I started bragging that I had "fixed everything" the car would remind me what I hadn't touched yet. The ONLY thing that makes the car go that I haven't touched is the fuel pump. I may change that out with the Walbro unit just in case the car gods aren't pleased with my mockery.

Car is good from someone who wouldn't mind making the car pretty but doesn't want to have to do a head gasket or turbo swap or trans swap or any of the 1000 other "easy" things to do with a cheap t-m.

Thanks for reading and check back for updates!

Oh and just saw the "rules" I will deliver within reason. I roll to Az often enough and LA too but not driving to Maine

Rosie
    Last edited by rosie; 05-18-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Added link to pictures

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: 87 Shelby Charger GLHS #232

Damn, sounds like an interesting project. Patiently waiting for pics...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

I'm dying to find a 2 Door L that's 100% rust free. Pics will be great. How's the condition of the interior?
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

turbo addict

interior is pretty awsome, this car is the june 07 calender car, but with a few more modifications since then...

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by OmniLuvr View Post
    interior is pretty awsome, this car is the june 07 calender car, but with a few more modifications since then...
    Modifications LOL!!
    Scotty can vouch for the many (many) hours spent on rebuilding this car as I put him to work like he owed me money!

Thanks for that there little buddy!

No calender here......sounds like a stout car though.
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

turbo addict

its on the home page under the navagation center, when it scans through the months, its june 07, and there literally has been countless hours put into this s-car...

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    No calender here......sounds like a stout car though.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15157

Oh ----. I know that car. What's different about the paint now? Who owned this before you, I can't recall the username.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Oh ----. I know that car. What's different about the paint now? Who owned this before you, I can't recall the username.
    username 87glhs232

Hybrid booster

Added link to pic's in first post. Interior pics by end of week.

Hybrid booster

:Bump:

Hybrid booster

Last bump for anyone interested.

Hybrid booster

Bump so all who couldn't see pics can try again

Mitsu booster

I'm interested! Contact me at korbybohannon@yahoo.com