Thread: good starting fuel pressure for 18 boost

Hybrid booster

Talking good starting fuel pressure for 18 boost

i finally got a boost controller. now waiting on my computer to come back from being updated fwd 5 is awsome with stock wastegate solenoid. but i have plus 40 and 255 walbro in the car and just wanted a good starting spot so i dont blow this thing up. i am being lazy but i figured most of the people on this sight has done this already. thanks

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Re: good starting fuel pressure for 18 boost

Do you have a wideband A/F gauge?
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

How are you defeating overboost cutout?

Start off at 50 psi and work your way down, watching your wideband or AF gauge.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    How are you defeating overboost cutout?

Start off at 50 psi and work your way down, watching your wideband or AF gauge.
    At stage 5, over boost cutout is not an issue. Normally....not knowing all the specifics, 50 is prolly a good pace to start. A WB is something you should put on your car before really pushing the boost with a MBC.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

Hybrid booster

thanks everybody, now got to get the car to boost

Garrett booster

Wideband or DIE!!

Ok, maybe not that dramatic. IMO every force induced vehicle should have a wideband and a boost gauge. Every modded forced induced vehicle HAS to have a wideband and a good boost gauge. I would also recommend a EGT gauge as well. To many burnt parts from not paying attention to air/fuel ratio's.

BTW Autometer has a new street gauge for about the same price as the AEM. I sell alot of AEM units because they are inexpensive, but they are Chinese and Mexican made. Autometer still makes most of its stuff here. FWD, TU or myself can get them. Vendors only, PM me and Ill give you the part numbers.

I start tuning at 50 or 55 psi unless its running mad fat in which case I turn it down a bit.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackerman View Post
    i finally got a boost controller. now waiting on my computer to come back from being updated fwd 5 is awsome with stock wastegate solenoid. but i have plus 40 and 255 walbro in the car and just wanted a good starting spot so i dont blow this thing up. i am being lazy but i figured most of the people on this sight has done this already. thanks
    Which turbo? Whats the rest of your setup? What octane fuel? Gotta have details before answering questions like this.

18 psi has different fuel needs if it is a stock Mitsu turbo or a stock Garrett turbo or a hybrid turbo or a larger turbo...

You mention "fwd 5" so I would say you talk to JamesL directly as the cal is probably set up for a specific package of components and if the cal is matched to the parts, I'm guessing the base fuel pressure specified with the cal is the fuel pressure you are supposed to run with it.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by jackerman View Post
    thanks everybody, now got to get the car to boost
    OMG it';s too late,,,seemed like such a nice young man....oh well.............

Hybrid booster

hahaha i have pistons and the head done to motor. +40 injecters 52 tb 2 piece intake exhaut 275 walbro pump. 3 bar map. i was 57psi but i cant get it to boost so not a big deal now. going to go over all vac lines. oh and what does everyone do with the pcv system when you go and do a fmic change with cone filter. my pcv is still there but open where it used to go to the air box.

Hybrid booster

either run a catch can, or run it to a nipple behind your cone filter. If you're in a pinch, you can also run a hose to the bottom of the engine compartment until your catch can arrives. Just don't leave it dripping right onto your flywheel/clutch...that's no good at all!

Hybrid booster

so its not a vacuum leak. i have a pipe to a breather filter on it will be fine. but i will check into a catch. does anybody have good pics of the engine bays. im having trouble dressing mine up. just like to get some ideas and thanks