Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah chapter, still trying.

turbo addict

Re: Utah chapter, still trying.

Well there needs to be an objective Goal for Utahns to achieve. Everything seems to be subjective here. We have been having actual monthly meets for 4 years.
    What needs to be done to take the next step? I will be honest and say that more people could show up, but adding SDAC as an offical name will NOT mean more people show up.

How are chapters supposed to be organized? Do they have to have a leadership? Or can we just have a "secretary" that keeps track of membership and deals with Barry (well whatever has to be done).

I won't be supportive of a group that is headed by someone who does not attend all the meetings.
    Imagine the SDAC National Gathering happening every year if the people in charge never show up or plan events.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by bansheenut420 View Post
    since I cant post anything without it getting deleted all I want to know is anyone else going to show up to the rmr thing this saturday? Shelbys itchin to run some of ya.
    ill be there but right now i have to be a camera guy the only car i have that will currently pass tech is my wifes Toyota

2.5 weeks until schools out then i should have time to fix my cars.

turbo addict

so nobody is going to show up and race now after all the fuss? We even had our most powerful earthquake in 18 years tonight to celebrate the opening of the track saturday.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

turbo addict

Ron Craft just emailed Me this

"Please help spread the word, we have Cancelled this Saturday's DRAG T&T.

CANCELLED:

Drag Strip down this week for maintenance so we can have a great season!"

My dad sells them some stuff and heard a main waterline broke out there, i hope that next Saturday they will have it open

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    so nobody is going to show up and race now after all the fuss? We even had our most powerful earthquake in 18 years tonight to celebrate the opening of the track saturday.
    Agreed. All this fuss over no one wanting to meet or race, I get my total pos ready to go and so far it looks like me and one other are showing up! Way to go!

BTW, I felt the earthquake. lol

Hybrid booster

I'll show up and *might* race

I'll also be at the cars n coffee thing Saturday morning. Alongside an 87 GLHS

At least I can race my buddies wrx since no one is going to show up. As usual. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    Ron Craft just emailed Me this

"Please help spread the word, we have Cancelled this Saturday's DRAG T&T.

CANCELLED:

Drag Strip down this week for maintenance so we can have a great season!"

My dad sells them some stuff and heard a main waterline broke out there, i hope that next Saturday they will have it open
    Sounds like the usual FAIL! anyone up for some fun runs on the road? Didnt get my car set up for nothing. lol

Hybrid booster

go to cars n coffee cory

Quote Originally Posted by CSX153 View Post
    go to cars n coffee cory
    I have. Several times. lol Good car people there.

turbo addict

go to cars n coffee cory
    where and when is this? I don drink coffee but i would stop by to check out the cars, I could add a GLHS to the list.

Gabe did your friend get the Rampage running yet?

Hybrid booster

ya please come. nope, havent finished the harness conversion yet. probably wont do anything on it till saturday.

cory, i meant this saturday lol

turbo addict

ya please come. nope, havent finished the harness conversion yet. probably wont do anything on it till saturday.

When and where? I might get a couple others to come

Hybrid booster

i'll get the specifics tomorrow but its some coffee place on 106th around 10 am

or cory would know

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Well there needs to be an objective Goal for Utahns to achieve. Everything seems to be subjective here. We have been having actual monthly meets for 4 years.
    What needs to be done to take the next step? I will be honest and say that more people could show up, but adding SDAC as an offical name will NOT mean more people show up.

How are chapters supposed to be organized? Do they have to have a leadership? Or can we just have a "secretary" that keeps track of membership and deals with Barry (well whatever has to be done).

I won't be supportive of a group that is headed by someone who does not attend all the meetings.
    Imagine the SDAC National Gathering happening every year if the people in charge never show up or plan events.
    Indeed having SDAC in a chapter name has never proven to be a new member magnet!

The way the chapter chartering process works is that someone must take the responsibility for organizing the group, planning the meetings or events, and be able to contact folks involved (chapter members) to notify them of the meetings or events.

This person could be called a chapter president, director, secretary, or maybe even Grand Infinite All Knowing Poo-Bah (or the GIAKPB for short). Whatever. Pick a title, any title.

That person should be someone that folks get can along with as he is going to be the main point of contact for the chapter and involved in all chapter activities.

Normally we ask that a meeting itinerary has been established, but that seems to have already been done according to your post. So the next step would be for that person to join SDAC if they are not already a member. This is because any chapter leader or officer must maintain active SDAC membership.

Then he requests that the group be officially recognized as an SDAC chapter. A name is picked for the group. It can be the area served, like Ontario SDAC, or Chicagoland SDAC, or it can be a nickname like the Buckeye or Steel City SDAC chapters. What ever you want your chapter to be known as.

After receiving this information, I will form up the chapter agreement. This agreement is a contract. It defines the relationship between SDAC and the chapter and Shelby American International. It defines what logos and marks of SDAC and Shelby can be used to promote the chapter (on shirts, decals, etc).

I will sign two copies, send them both to the chapter leader. He signs them both and sends one of them back to me along with one dollar ($1) which is a token amount to satisfy the monetary legal aspect. He keeps the other copy for record.

And that is it. A new chapter is born.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Didnt get the car ready for nothing. And since the track is cancled I may just have to come. Someone always wants to do a fun run there. lol Saturday at 8 right?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    where and when is this? I don drink coffee but i would stop by to check out the cars, I could add a GLHS to the list.

Gabe did your friend get the Rampage running yet?
    Every Saturday at 8:30am
    Espress Yourself Coffee shop
    675 W 10600 S
    South Jordan, UT 84095

I will be there with about five or six Stealth and one 3000GT. You don't have to drink coffee. I like to get a blueberry muffin and some water.

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    Indeed having SDAC in a chapter name has never proven to be a new member magnet!

The way the chapter chartering process works is that someone must take the responsibility for organizing the group, planning the meetings or events, and be able to contact folks involved (chapter members) to notify them of the meetings or events.

This person could be called a chapter president, director, secretary, or maybe even Grand Infinite All Knowing Poo-Bah (or the GIAKPB for short). Whatever. Pick a title, any title.

That person should be someone that folks get can along with as he is going to be the main point of contact for the chapter and involved in all chapter activities.

Normally we ask that a meeting itinerary has been established, but that seems to have already been done according to your post. So the next step would be for that person to join SDAC if they are not already a member. This is because any chapter leader or officer must maintain active SDAC membership.

Then he requests that the group be officially recognized as an SDAC chapter. A name is picked for the group. It can be the area served, like Ontario SDAC, or Chicagoland SDAC, or it can be a nickname like the Buckeye or Steel City SDAC chapters. What ever you want your chapter to be known as.

After receiving this information, I will form up the chapter agreement. This agreement is a contract. It defines the relationship between SDAC and the chapter and Shelby American International. It defines what logos and marks of SDAC and Shelby can be used to promote the chapter (on shirts, decals, etc).

I will sign two copies, send them both to the chapter leader. He signs them both and sends one of them back to me along with one dollar ($1) which is a token amount to satisfy the monetary legal aspect. He keeps the other copy for record.

And that is it. A new chapter is born.

Barry
    Problem is no one seems to want to show up excpt a few of us. lol

Honestly, if that's what needs to be done I would be willing to do it. I think I'm a pretty agreeable person, I'm an SDAC member, and I'm willing to get a hold of everyone and let them know about upcoming meets.

Hybrid booster

Clint for president.

Salt Lake SDAC or Utah SDAC

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast