Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah chapter, still trying.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Re: Utah chapter, still trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    That's coming up already, when is it? I'd love to do something like this. I just need to make sure the car is ready.
    I'm not actually sure on the date, but iirc its normally later in the summer. I'm sure everyone still has time to get their cars put together.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Garrett booster

I'm definitely looking forward to having meets, cruises, and any other cool get togethers!

I think it'd be awesome to have a lot of TD's at RMR or MMP!

I'll introduce myself. I'm Daniel Lindsey, blhlfam's son and 1BADVAN's younger brother. I have a 1988 Shelby CSX-T with a stock 2.5L with a Holset HE341 off of an 04' Dodge Cummins, Custom Big plenum intake, Ported Exhaust Manifold, 3" DP to 2.5" full exhaust, 30x12x2.5 FMIC with 2.5" piping and probably a couple other things that I'm forgetting. Best of 14.6@94mph but this was before pretty much all the above listed mods. I'm hoping to run 13's consistently this year!!

Hybrid booster

Hey guys. I hope to get the omni out to a few events this year. Including some cruises if possible.

I am Corby, I had the red, then flat black, then gloss black 12 second van at RMR. I now have an 86 glh-t that has been in the build stage for too damn long. I want to race the hell out of it this year uncluding RMR, MMP, and Wendover. So any time there is an event, look for the black GLH-t with blue stripes, should be fun.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ubmbass View Post
    ... I now have an 86 glh-t that has been in the build stage for too damn long. I want to race the hell out of it this year ...
    Hey that reminds me, LMK if you still need some FAST tech support

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Ubmbass View Post
    Hey guys. I hope to get the omni out to a few events this year. Including some cruises if possible.

I am Corby, I had the red, then flat black, then gloss black 12 second van at RMR. I now have an 86 glh-t that has been in the build stage for too damn long. I want to race the hell out of it this year uncluding RMR, MMP, and Wendover. So any time there is an event, look for the black GLH-t with blue stripes, should be fun.
    Glad to hear you are coming out! We were hoping you would make it to Mopars at the Strip too.
    How is the car running? i know you have been working out a ton of bugs

Mitsu booster

If this ever gets going I would definitely be at the meets, as so as the rampage is runnin.

turbo addict

I know it was mentioned before by my brother but this Saturday is a Test and Tune at RMR.

For those of you who have only attended the midnights this is a much better experience in my opinion. You show up pay your $20 get tech done then you can watch others race until your class is called up, then you go to your car pull around and only have to wait for like 10 mins on average. Then you have time to change stuff on your car in the pits or watch some more until you get called up.
    No waiting for hours in the parking lot just to get in, its open from Noon to 5:00 and you get as many runs as they can cycle the classes through.
    i think last time we got like 5+ runs in.

My brother is going to try and tune his new Holset set up, i will come but can't race cause my radiator keeps leaking but i can do some filming or something for those who do come.

Can anyone else come Saturday?
    Last edited by 1BADVAN; 04-14-2010 at 12:33 PM.

So, I think that we should decide on a date for a meet and what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    I'm not actually sure on the date, but iirc its normally later in the summer. I'm sure everyone still has time to get their cars put together.
    Oh good. Mine should be ready by next week. Hell, I might even be able to get some of the interior in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    I know it was mentioned before by my brother but this Saturday is a Test and Tune at RMR.

For those of you who have only attended the midnights this is a much better experience in my opinion. You show up pay your $20 get tech done then you can watch others race until your class is called up, then you go to your car pull around and only have to wait for like 10 mins on average. Then you have time to change stuff on your car in the pits or watch some more until you get called up.
    No waiting for hours in the parking lot just to get in, its open from Noon to 5:00 and you get as many runs as they can cycle the classes through.
    i think last time we got like 5+ runs in.

My brother is going to try and tune his new Holset set up, i will come but can't race cause my radiator keeps leaking but i can do some filming or something for those who do come.

Can anyone else come Saturday?
    I wouldn't be able to this Saturday. I would love to come to one of these just to watch. I avoid the midnights like the plague. I can see this being interesting.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post

I wouldn't be able to this Saturday. I would love to come to one of these just to watch. I avoid the midnights like the plague. I can see this being interesting.
    they are doing it again next Saturday maybe that would be better for a group of people??
    Last edited by 1BADVAN; 04-14-2010 at 01:00 PM.

they are doing it again next Saturday maybe that would be better for a group of people??
    I would come for sure. I wouldn't race but I would love to watch.

Hybrid booster

Maybe set a date a month in advance for a track day so people can and are aware of it with enough time they can make plans to come. Because as said it would be awesome to see 10-20 Turbo Dodges show up at RMR haha..

Do you know they guy with white R/T too gabe?

I would love to come out saturday, but i have too much going on right now. I just go engaged, i may be starting a new job, and finals are coming up. Hopefully when the semster is over I will have some time to actually work on the r/t.

Check out my Homepage

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyLancer282 View Post
    Maybe set a date a month in advance for a track day so people can and are aware of it with enough time they can make plans to come. Because as said it would be awesome to see 10-20 Turbo Dodges show up at RMR haha..

Do you know they guy with white R/T too gabe?

Not really, but wasn't he at one of the Murray meets?

Quote Originally Posted by CSX153 View Post
    Not really, but wasn't he at one of the Murray meets?
    I recall seeing him once. If we're thinking of the same guy. That was a couple of years ago though.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    I would love to come out saturday, but i have too much going on right now. I just go engaged, i may be starting a new job, and finals are coming up. Hopefully when the semster is over I will have some time to actually work on the r/t.
    Congrats Tyler! i too can't wait until school is over so i can have some time to hopefully get my van back on the road.

Is your R/T broken? Or do you have some upgrades planned?

huh, thats funny. My post vanished. lol Anyway. Glad a known thief and trouble causer will be now able to know what are plans are with are cars and where we will be. Good call. Even the OP of this thread hasnt shown up to meets because of this person. lol Well, no one but a couple of us show up on a regular. Thats what killed it before. I know even a few of us actually paid sdac dues last year. lol

This race thing going to happen, or is it just talk? The shelbys itchin to runs some of the other td's. lol

Congrats Tyler! i too can't wait until school is over so i can have some time to hopefully get my van back on the road.

Is your R/T broken? Or do you have some upgrades planned?

Thanks. As far as I know it is running fine, other than a boost leak. I pulled it out of the garage the other day and the battery died, so it needs a little tlc. I HAD some upgrades planned, but those probably wont happen thanks to the upcoming wedding. I will be happy if I can get it registered and at least drive it a little this year.

Check out my Homepage

Mitsu booster

The Larry Miller Mopar show is normally the last Sunday in June. That would make the last Saturday in June a potential day for a shoot and shine. I believe the old Mopar guys also have a cruise that evening (saturday that is) get the cars cleaned up and meet up with them. Could be a lot of fun. We could possibly do it at my work again, I would have to check with my boss, but we have a steam cleaner and a big lot out in West Jordan. Some of you went a couple of summers ago when we did it there.

Brett

turbo addict

Show up to the meets and ask people to pay dues. Meets happen every month. Support your hobby with more then your keyboard.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Many chapters do not charge dues. But they don't provide any services either for the most part. Newsletters cost money to print and mail, so if a chapter does a newsletter then dues would help to cover that cost.

If folks want chapter shirts or decals, those cost money also.

For example, the Great Lakes chapter in Detroit does a modest newsletter a couple times a year and charges only $20 for 12 issues. So $20 in dues is good for a few years. But for the costs involved, it is about a break even situation.

SDAC chapters are chartered by the national club, but they operate independent of the national club. The chapter doesn't pay the national club any money from the dues they may collect, but the chapter membership does not include SDAC membership either.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast