Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah chapter, still trying.

Hybrid booster

Utah chapter, still trying.

So here it is, let's get it going.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Utah chapter, still trying.

Are we still meeting 2nd Saturday of each month?

Quote Originally Posted by xdig View Post
    Are we still meeting 2nd Saturday of each month?
    That would be nice. I think we should get that back on track being that the weather is finally starting to get better.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Awesome, you can do eeet!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

Sweet! I'd much rather just stay on this forum instead of having to go over to TD.com just for the SLC chapter!

Who's going out to RMR this weekend for the Test & Tune?? It starts at 12:00 and goes until 5! I believe gates open at 11. I'd check their website just to be sure.

It'd be cool to get a lot Turbo Dodges out there though!

I'd be there if I could but I had organized a Stealth/3000GT meet already for this weekend.

Hybrid booster

Polygon, did your car come with vented rear brakes? if not, what master cyl/prop valve did you use?

My car came with the big brakes with the vented rear.
    Last edited by Polygon; 04-13-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Mitsu booster

Yeah, need to start up the meets again. Its nice to hang out once in a while. Maybe do something like what the nissans guys do. Meet up somewhere and decide where to go from there.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

I hope to be able to make it out to meets more often now. I am getting a new job soon and wont have to work so many weekends. I think next month we should do a bbq at the park again. Maybe the spring weather will lure the TD guys out.....

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

turbo addict

i like the idea of posting here i definitely use this site more, i would also be more interested in getting together if we did more than just hang out. Thats ok every once in a while but we should do other things also like cruise to a show (the jordan landing shows are free and once a month).

turbo addict

also is there a way to find members of this site by state? cause then we can go and PM them and invite them to see if we can get a bigger turnout.

i know of 5 turbo dodge guys that usually don't come to meets but maybe if we thought of other things to do they would come out?

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Respect goes both ways and calling people names doesnt help anything.

First off, If you want to go hang out, go hang out, if you dont go, it sounds more like your problem than anyonse elses?

In general, many clubs have a variety of people of different ages, but if they all like the same cars, then there is a common interest. Everyone has different interests too... some rather drag race and some rather show, and everyone likes different music, but the point is still the same, we all like these cars. Put the differences aside and try to get along brothers!
    This! I don't see why this is such a problem. I'm part of a lot of car groups and I have never let the fact that I didn't care for someone to keep me from going to any events.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    i like the idea of posting here i definitely use this site more, i would also be more interested in getting together if we did more than just hang out. Thats ok every once in a while but we should do other things also like cruise to a show (the jordan landing shows are free and once a month).
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    also is there a way to find members of this site by state? cause then we can go and PM them and invite them to see if we can get a bigger turnout.

i know of 5 turbo dodge guys that usually don't come to meets but maybe if we thought of other things to do they would come out?
    I couldn't agree more. I've got ideas for things we could do. I think having a variety of events would go a long way to getting people excited.

turbo addict

Thank you!!! I think having you remove unneeded posts will help a ton!

Another Idea i would say is to introduce yourself here, I know we know most people but sometimes i can't keep username connected with someones real name.

Anyways I'm Matt Lindsey (GLHS #26 on the other site) I have a 1990 Voyager with a moddified T2 turbo, 3 Core IC, G-head and I hope to get it running again after 18 months of being out of commission

I also just bought a white 1991 Spirit R/T
    So far it is a pain in the butt! Its not licensed yet I fixed a HG leak, now i am making a brake line to replace one that ruptured, then i might get around to putting the 2.5" exhaust on so it will pass safety inspection.

And as of now my Daily driver is a 1987 GLHS with no decals, this is my brothers car, but i borrow it until he turns 16
    Last edited by 1BADVAN; 04-13-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Hybrid booster

Yes and admittedly I was being a bit negative out of frustration, And I hope that things can be resolved and dropped and the drama stops. And Clint is right on cuz most people don't want to come and drink a beer and eat pizza( Not that I am opposed to that) Just the nasty beer lol. But some don't feel thats family friendly and such. But also the repetition is hard as well. The mazda guys do a grip of various things, Like Movies then go eat, or go hangout at each others houses and work on their cars, Then go head out and cruise and occasionally race in big groups.

And having as many Utah Td's come out and take over The Track would be pretty freaking awesome. I know that would make people think what the hell? Where are all these old dodges coming from all of a sudden lol.

I know my friend with his 362 whp White Spirit R/T would come if it was better setup and such.

Mitsu booster

I'm excited about this thread, lets get it going keep it positive, try not to take offense and try not to offend. Life is too short and cars are a hobby and friends and family can and should be around forever. I'm Brett Lindsey, GLHS26 and Dan15's Dad, poor kids, they get the car bug genetically I guess and my 13 year old is itching to get the GLHS when he turns 16. my driver is a 5 Speed pink (faded red) Shelby Lancer, my van is waiting to transmission swap and its black, and by drag car is a green 72 road runner. We have a Shelby Dakota and another Shelby lancer also. Lets see if we just try and sponsor something different every month or even multiple events obviously with families, jobs and hectic schedules we wont make it to all of the events but that is ok just make it to what sounds fun for you and if you don't like it don't complain about it just don't come but support what you like and encourage good ideas.

Mitsu booster

Hello from North Salt Lake! I drive Shelby Lancer 800 around town. It is my daily driver. I am up for doing all sorts of things, but mostly like to race and why I own the car that I do! So I am down for getting together to have some fun at the track or get a little dirty under the hood!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

I think at some point we need to do another cleaning day where we can all clean our cars up. Maybe we can wait and do that the saturday before the Larry H Miller show so those who enter their car look presentable.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

This is what I would like to see. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the Pie and I like Murray park. However, just doing the same thing over and over is partly why we're all stagnated. I think if everyone can set their differences aside and we can come up with some exciting things to do we can really get this chapter going.

I love the idea of us going to the track and car shows as a group. It get's us out there and having fun while bringing recognition to these cars. Here's a list of all the ideas I've got floating around in my head.

• Head to the track, be it RMR or MMP. There are plenty of events that we can do at MMP.
    • Car shows and other meets. There's meet that goes down every Saturday when the weather's nice on 106th. It's called Cars N' Coffee. As far as I know Cory and I are the only TDs that have gone. I'm simply using Cars N' Coffee as and example.
    • Getting together at the wrench it center and help each other work on our cars. It's cheap and all the tools you could need are there.
    • Cruises are another cool thing we could do. We have a lot of cool places to drive here with lots of great scenery.
    • We can get together for a photo shoot and get some good pics of our cars.
    • The usual BBQ isn't out of the question.

I'm sure there's all sorts of events and things that we could do. I've gone go karting with the Utah Nissan group and that's a lot of fun and it's cheap. Also, any one of these things could be combined easily. There's just no reason we don't have a reason to get together.

I for one am willing to help organize this. I would love to see this come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    I think at some point we need to do another cleaning day where we can all clean our cars up. Maybe we can wait and do that the saturday before the Larry H Miller show so those who enter their car look presentable.
    That's coming up already, when is it? I'd love to do something like this. I just need to make sure the car is ready.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyLancer282 View Post

I know my friend with his 362 whp White Spirit R/T would come if it was better setup and such.
    i was wondering if that guy was still around.

and i can do cars n' coffee anytime

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast