Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Utah chapter, still trying.

Mitsu booster

Re: Utah chapter, still trying.

wow... not much going on in here is there? How's everybody doing?

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Sea level ftw.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Mitsu booster

Wow, ya it's quiet in here. Before I go posting this on ksl.com. I was wondering if anybody local would want to buy a pretty decent T1 engine. I'm doing a full T2 transplant in the old Daytona Z. It's the one that blew the transmission. The engine however is still pretty damn good. It has about 110k miles on it and needs the oil pan and the rear main seal done. But thats it! I'll let this stay here for a week or two then its going up.

Hybrid booster

How much? also, when you say t1, do you mean old skool draw through? or minivan t1?

Mitsu booster

its a draw through

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Wow, I think I can hear crickets in here......

Anyways, I thought I would throw this out there. I am looking for a set of SRT seats. If anyone knows of some locally please let me know.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    Wow, I think I can hear crickets in here......

I'm with ya. Not much of anything going on anywhere it seems.

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Just a reminder folks that this thread should be about your efforts to build a Utah SDAC chapter.

The mod staff has had a complaint about recent posts that would be more at home in the Swap Forum.

I have watched this thread as well as the others in the SDAC forums and felt as long as it didn't get out of hand I could let it go somewhat. But since there has been a complaint I would be remiss in my duties if I let it go any longer without comment.

Thanks for your understanding and compliance.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    Just a reminder folks that this thread should be about your efforts to build a Utah SDAC chapter.

The mod staff has had a complaint about recent posts that would be more at home in the Swap Forum.

I have watched this thread as well as the others in the SDAC forums and felt as long as it didn't get out of hand I could let it go somewhat. But since there has been a complaint I would be remiss in my duties if I let it go any longer without comment.

Thanks for your understanding and compliance.

Barry
    i have to say that is a dumb rule, as the very fact that people are looking for local guys that have parts/cars/and info will encourage the hobby and people getting together and support things like SDAC, not like it looks like it matters as no-one has really used this thread in months

Agreed. If someone actually complained about our conversation in this thread, they need to get a life. Talk about a cry baby..

Check out my Homepage

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    i have to say that is a dumb rule, as the very fact that people are looking for local guys that have parts/cars/and info will encourage the hobby and people getting together and support things like SDAC, not like it looks like it matters as no-one has really used this thread in months
    I see it all as a pure attempt to make me enforce rules here, as I have on threads that have gone way off track. Your point is well taken and I agree for the most part. And that is why I waited, I didn't see it getting out of hand at all. But as I said in my other post, since someone made it a point to report the postings, I would be remiss if I didn't mention it here.

Tyler I am letting your latest message stand as I do agree with what you are saying (as I stated in my PM to you). And your latest posting is not as incendiary (as apposed to the ones I deleted).

I would appreciate it if you guys took the high ground here and not comment on this any more.

Lets get back to your chapter formation attempts. Which, btw, I have not heard anything more about. How you guys doing out there any how?

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

turbo addict

I see it all as a pure attempt to make me enforce rules here, as I have on threads that have gone way off track. Your point is well taken and I agree for the most part. And that is why I waited, I didn't see it getting out of hand at all. But as I said in my other post, since someone made it a point to report the postings, I would be remiss if I didn't mention it here.

Tyler I am letting your latest message stand as I do agree with what you are saying (as I stated in my PM to you). And your latest posting is not as incendiary (as apposed to the ones I deleted).

I would appreciate it if you guys took the high ground here and not comment on this any more.

Lets get back to your chapter formation attempts. Which, btw, I have not heard anything more about. How you guys doing out there any how?

Barry
    I understand i am in no way attacking what you did just stating my disagreement, i completely understand why you had to comment i would have done the same.

Mitsu booster

Which, btw, I have not heard anything more about. How you guys doing out there any how?

Barry[/QUOTE]

Barry,

It has been really quiet, it seems there gets a little excitement, then someone moves or gets frustrated and moves on. There has been a great attempt by many (unfortunately not me, life just has be too busy with family stuff) to really get a monthly meeting going and a organized group going. But it seems just when they get a core group something goes awry and it falls apart. We have a lot of great people who love the hobby and but have a hard time making monthly regular activities, our, there are still plenty of Shelby and Turbo Dodges in Salt Lake being enjoyed just not a lot of people that don't have the time to get together regularly. How are you doing? Do you still h ave the 86 Shelby Lancer? I got lancer 800 back a few weeks ago.
    Merry Christmas
    Brett
    Last edited by blhlfam; 12-25-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Hybrid booster

Thumbs up Re: Utah chapter, still trying.

Hi guys! I was wondering if you would be interested in coming out to cars and coffee..

I think we should all meet up at the new cars and coffee location.. It's in the parking lot of Starbucks at 5500 south redwood road. We meet up at around 9 am. I'll be there in the hoopty this weekend, if you like, you could all come. It's fun to see the different types of odd cars that show up. Here's a link to their website

http://www.carsandcoffeeutah.com

I would love to make it out there with the GLH I just picked up, I just need to get it registered and on the road first. My brother just bought a Shelby-Z that he would probably want to bring out if he can get it on the road. I hope that I can be a little more active this year in the car community since things should finally be calming down for me. In the last year I graduated school, started a new job, got married, and moved twice, so hopefully I wont be so backed up this year.

Check out my Homepage

I would appreciate it if you guys Lets get back to your chapter formation attempts. Which, btw, I have not heard anything more about. How you guys doing out there any how?

Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by blhlfam View Post
    Barry,

It has been really quiet, it seems there gets a little excitement, then someone moves or gets frustrated and moves on. There has been a great attempt by many (unfortunately not me, life just has be too busy with family stuff) to really get a monthly meeting going and a organized group going. But it seems just when they get a core group something goes awry and it falls apart. We have a lot of great people who love the hobby and but have a hard time making monthly regular activities, our, there are still plenty of Shelby and Turbo Dodges in Salt Lake being enjoyed just not a lot of people that don't have the time to get together regularly. How are you doing? Do you still h ave the 86 Shelby Lancer? I got lancer 800 back a few weeks ago.
    Merry Christmas
    Brett
    Yeah, no kidding.

I tried, but it seems that nobody is interested in coming to regular meets. That or I have no skill in getting people to come out to events. I started a Face Book group, I posted events in here as well as the other forum to make sure everyone knew. However, it was usually Brent, Cory, and myself. Every so often, others would come. However, last fall it just died. Brent moved back to Washington and Cory just fell off the face of the Earth. I tried to get people to be a cohesive group but I failed. I can only surmise that people aren't interested in a chapter as I'm not having a problem getting people to come to events heading up the Utah 3S crowd. As such I haven't touched the LeBaron is a long time and I've been working a lot on the Stealth.

I would love to get a chapter going here. I just don't see the interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubmbass View Post
    Hi guys! I was wondering if you would be interested in coming out to cars and coffee..

I think we should all meet up at the new cars and coffee location.. It's in the parking lot of Starbucks at 5500 south redwood road. We meet up at around 9 am. I'll be there in the hoopty this weekend, if you like, you could all come. It's fun to see the different types of odd cars that show up. Here's a link to their website

http://www.carsandcoffeeutah.com
    Yeah!

It's a great time with a lot of great people. I've come in the Escape and the Stealth. Now I just need to get the GTC out there. The new location is awesome and everyone should come.

I have said this before, but we definitely have enough people around here for a solid SDAC chapter, but the dedication just isn't there. Not pointing fingers, I'm as bad or worse than anyone else. Obviously everyone has their own lives to live, so many of us just cant dedicate the time that is needed. To top it all off, there has been massive amount of drama between many of the people around here that will probably never go away. That's really too bad, but that's life. I would still like to do a big spring BBQ like we have done in years past. I know I would bring the new GLH I picked up earlier this year. Anyone interested in this? I would even volunteer to host it at my new place down in American Fork if there isn't anywhere better to do it.

Check out my Homepage

I would come, no question. I didn't know you moved to AF. Anyhow, that's cool with me but if people complain, Sugar House Park is always good too.

Also, I'm going to start posting up events again and if people want to come they can come. If we start getting enough people coming I'll start doing events for the TD crowd again. Here's a quick list of recent events.

There's always Cars & Coffee every Saturday as Corby said.
    Next month the 3S group will be going on a good cruise. Yes, they are 3S planned events, but anybody is always welcome. In fact Jessie comes to a lot of our meets.
    Right now I'm trying to set up an event out at MMP on the Karting track.
    Later in the year we're planning on doing a meet at Lagoon.

I have some other things planned and there are always other events not related to the 3S crowd that I'll post up.

Hybrid booster

All of the Utah TD guys should try to come to tomorrow's cars and coffee. If you can't that's fine, I just think we should all meet up and talk about the future of the TD scene.. It just seems to me like no one is interested in turbo dodges here in utah. I mean every car show, gathering, or race I go to, there is only me representing turbo dodges. Get your cars running and bring them out in the world so other people can enjoy them!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Sorry I left you in charge of that side of things Corby I really miss the attention at those events. People in Utah love crazy cars. Here its a little more about hella flush n' bling etc (more people with money). My work parking lot can easily outclass the best Cars n' Coffee turnout even on Monday. Unfortunately its illegal to take pictures. The widebody NSX today was sex.

I have not been able to go to any car stuff out here in Seattle and my wife just bugged me today asking if there was a BBQ to go to. Grr. At least I have a job to pay for something now.

I have to agree, when it comes to Utah, any method to drum up support or attention is a positive thing as long as its legal.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast