Thread: 1989 Daytona Shelby, Silver, Rebuilt Motor & Trans

Garrett booster

1989 Daytona Shelby, Silver, Rebuilt Motor & Trans

PRICE-DROP. Gotta move it. Now $1595 or offer. Loads of photos with it on eBay. Ultra-Rare Radiant Silver 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby with a completely rebuilt or new engine, drivetrain and brake system. This is one of only 258 Shelbys built in Radiant Silver in 1989. Just installed rebuilt motor with about 20,000 miles, rebuilt automatic transmission with about 10,000 miles, rebuilt starter, rebuilt turbo, new driver axles, New engine and trans mounts. BRAND NEW Timing Belt and Thermostat. My mechanic also just put in BRAND NEW rear brakes including rotors, calipers and pads. Entire Emergency Brake system was also just rebuilt with new pads, shoes and cables. Mechanically this car is in great shape. The only issue is typical rust. There is moderate to heavy rust in driver side floor pans, as well as a rust in both rocker panels, both rear wheel wells, spare tire well and an area of front passenger floor pan. These areas are easily patched by a body shop. This was going to be both a car for my collection and a daily driver but soon before completing the mechanical work I purchased another Daytona I wanted. I do not have space for both cars. I have invested over $2700 in this car in past 2 months, but am pricing it a lot less for fast sale, $1595 or BEST OFFER. I have all the original receits for the rebuild as well as more recent items. Rebuilt motor and drivetrain came out od a 89 Turbo Lebaron that was in storage a few years. It is perfect as a daily driver right now or you can get it patched and and really have something special. Turbo Boost is great and running around 10 psi. No modifications to motor at all. Interior is in beautiful shape and does not have any cigarette or mildew smells. Leather interior in particularly nice shape. 10-Way power driver's seat works in all directions and bladders for lumbar and thigh support hold air just fine. Flip-up headlights work perfectly (one cover is different color but original included as well). Factory sunroof does not leak one drop and rubber gasket is very supple. Power locks work great, power windows work correctly but slightly slow (probably need lubrication), nice factory original AM-FM cassette, No cracks in glass, no dents. No accidents in carfax report. Speedometer and tachometer work fine but odometer has died, like in nearly every other Daytona I have seen in past year. Fuel gauge died now too but probably just a connection that was neglected putting it all back together. Nice original 16" Pumper wheels, tires just so-so.. Air conditioning complete but no belt and needs updating. Heater and blower fine. As I said, nearly entire mechanical system has been rebuilt and car just needs rust rehabilitation. Car can be seen and test driven in northwestern NJ or I will assist you in getting it shipped. That is a relatively easy task and I know a few trucking companies. This car was originally brought to me from the md-west last Fall. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

NEW: Timing Belt, Valve Cover Gasket, Rear Brakes, Emergency Brake System, Engine Mounts, Trans Hoses

REBUILT: Engine, A413 Transmission, Turbo, Starter,

I will try to get photos added. They are on the other site and car also listed on eBay with 20 photos
    Last edited by Bob the Medic; 04-14-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Garrett booster

Re: 1989 Daytona Shelby, Silver, Rebuilt Motor & Trans

Still available. Present all offers.

turbo addict

Bump for a great guy to deal with!!!!
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by bradp View Post
    Bump for a great guy to deal with!!!!
    Thanks Brad--

My new Shelby looks great. Can't wait to get it on the road. Thanks for selling to me. Looks just like my original 89 Shelby.

Tons of photos of this 89 Silver Shelby now up on eBay.

Garrett booster

Still available. Nobody wants a rare color Shelby?? Probably only 20 Silver 89's left on the road. Floorboards should be easy patch for a body guy.

Garrett booster

If you look at the photos of this car on eBay, please disregard the underside photos showing red paint. They are of another Shelby I am parting out and got mixed in with the silver car. Gona load new ones tonight.

Hybrid booster

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by BF/STOCKER SPIRIT View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Hmmmmmm what? Interested? I see you are in NJ.

turbo addict

Why don't you at least post the ebay link?...that should help

Garrett booster

Great idea. Why didn't I think of that. here is the eBay link. Price now $1495 or offer/\.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT

Garrett booster

OFFERS???? This is a rare car and can be fixed up nice. Probably would not cost more than $500-800 to fix ALL the rust.
    Last edited by Bob the Medic; 05-13-2010 at 09:52 PM.