Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ForcedFedMopar's 85 GLH-T

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Re: ForcedFedMopar's 85 GLH-T

Took a look at the two turbos and the W/G actuator looks identicle. Then I took a look through all of your pics and found one pic where I can see the threaded end on yours. SO, you DO have an adj W/G can after-all................

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

turbo addict

i can adjust waste gate rod length and tension to a point. The way you were talking i thought you said you could adjust can pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by forcedfedmopar View Post
    i can adjust waste gate rod length and tension to a point. The way you were talking i thought you said you could adjust can pressure?
    Adjust can pressure with EBC or MBC, one thing I noticed quickly, grainger didn't work well at all, huge boost spikes and crap control. (prob way to strong of spring) I also used large vacum hoses compared to my other turbo set-ups for better volume to actuate that can.

So you backed off the arm as much as possible and still had these problems? Sounds like the smaller HE341 hole is a lot more restrictive!

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

turbo addict

i backed it off so far it held the gate open a bit. I still saw 33 psi before i backed off. I pulled the turbo and took it to work. Ill get the port opened up a bit and go from there. Also, how large can you go before sealing is effected?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

i backed it off so far it held the gate open a bit. I still saw 33 psi before i backed off. I pulled the turbo and took it to work. Ill get the port opened up a bit and go from there. Also, how large can you go before sealing is effected?
    See "turboshads" thread or maybe Carroll's too,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Ok, i went to 28mm on the wastegate hole. Thats twice the size! Not to reassemble the turbo and test drive!

turbo addict

and back together!

So i go on my test drive after i get it all back together. I do a few short pulls. OVER 30psi. I pull over into a parking lot and look everything over. I check to make sure the controller is set all the way to "-" and a few other things. My buddy was following me so were talking it out. I decide to pull the hoses off the boost controller and check operation with my mouth. My mouth said that the controller was at all the way "+" in stead of all the way "-"!!! so i turn it all the way to max...which is min. and off we go. STEADY 12 psi! So i do a few short pulls with my buddy to check a/f.
    A/F was about 12.3:1. We pull over again and I crank fuel pressure up a few turns on the accufab. I also turned the boost controller down...which is up. Off we go again this time with
    with about 16psi. We get on the interstate and do a few more pulls. im having traction issues in 3rd but when i get trac in 4th the car freight trains my buddy. (who is driving a 08 caliber srt4 with MS1K, down pipe, intake, block off plate, and some other stuff idk) This time a/f was right around 11.4-11.6:1 So we get off the interstate. I pull over again as my buddy continues to head home. I crank up fuel pressure some more and off i go. A few more short pulls and a/f is right at 10.9-11.2 range! im happy and head home. I ate a cookie after i parked it in the shop. i am pleased with the results.

Next thing ill do is check fuel pressure and see where its at. If below 55psi static i will turn boost up some more. All the hard work paid off!

Mitsu booster

I ate a cookie after i parked it in the shop. i am pleased with the results.
    LOL. That controller seems dangerous...Lucky nothing went wrong!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    LOL. That controller seems dangerous...Lucky nothing went wrong!
    all is well! Cant wait to get it turned up to 30-35psi with correct fueling!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Glad everything worked out for ya, just remember turn boost up slowly and try not to destroy everything you just built.

turbo addict

jeeeebus with all that fuel pressure increase, i bet youl feel better after the megasquirt install!

glad your smaller turbo (as the people on facebook would think) is working out for you!

Cool! Glad it all worked out for you! Also glad to here someone else who's not afraid of boost! lol

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

My brother has one of those turd boost controllers too. We were just messing with it on his Eclipse the other day and I was like WTF is up with this thing. He was like "Ebay" lol.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

turbo addict

MY controller is a turbonetics unit. I thought it would be better than my home made unit....clearly not! Im not doing megasquirt joe! That unit is for my new project. If people want a good laugh, add me on face book. I have everyone going!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Yeah that camaro guy is a laugh.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

well, went to americrusie last night in hopes of making some runs against a few local cars. Turned out to be a bust. I lined up against 86Shelby twice with similar results, he looked at my tail lamps get smaller and smaller. I did however drive it around most of the night, about 100 miles, without issue.

turbo addict

This was all down south at the Peruvian Americruise and in Km/hr... This Omni get's with the program QUICKLY! I had the jump both times starting at a 30-35ish roll with my R/T. I thought I could hold him off until 3rd gear while he spooled this monster under his hood; I thought wrong as he had 1/2 car on me by the time I hit 3rd gear. By the time I let out about 90 he had at a minimum 1.5 busses on me. I realized I would get beat handily; but wasn't quite expecting my butt arriving on a silver platter.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

turbo addict

awesome job, car sounds awesome especially when you guys describe it in 'pulls like a freight train' and had me by a 'buss and a half" LOL
    1989 Daytona AGS CS 2.5TII A555, S60 1986 600es Convertible turbo 1969/8 Barracuda 318, 904 1966 Dart Station Wagon 1996 Dakota 5.2 4wd 1979 Honda CM400T Hard tailed Chopper

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Great job,

What's your full name for facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Cool! Glad it all worked out for you! Also glad to here someone else who's not afraid of boost! lol
    Who the hell is afraid of boost?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    This was all down south at the Peruvian Americruise and in Km/hr... This Omni get's with the program QUICKLY! I had the jump both times starting at a 30-35ish roll with my R/T. I thought I could hold him off until 3rd gear while he spooled this monster under his hood; I thought wrong as he had 1/2 car on me by the time I hit 3rd gear. By the time I let out about 90 he had at a minimum 1.5 busses on me. I realized I would get beat handily; but wasn't quite expecting my butt arriving on a silver platter.
    Your car is no slouch! I spun a bit in 2nd and third but had traction in 4th. (i was on my 23in m&h slicks). Both cars were flat footed, no brake boosting, both cars running 20psi. It was good but i better keep on my game if you get your new set up on! Im sure results may differ! Really hoping to get the 2step installed sometime this week so i can practice launching next weekend!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! The car is a blast!

-jeff mass