Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ForcedFedMopar's 85 GLH-T

turbo addict

Re: ForcedFedMopar's 85 GLH-T

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowjake View Post
    Oh and I like your aluminum dowel prop rod in that one pic. Classy!
    Thanks. I figured it was as classy as the omni.

Thanks for all the comments. Hopefully the car will make leaps and bounds this summer!

turbo addict

got a little bit done this weekend.
    -pulled the drive train
    -did a head gasket
    -#4 coolant mod
    -new 555 with LSD
    -Wideband installed
    -oil leak fixed
    -new home made solid bobble strut
    - cleaned engine compartment
    -started my new coolant overflow tank

thats about it. but on my initial test drive it looked like the headgasket may be leaking on the front drivers side. maybe i just didnt get it clean. i torqued the head to 80 ftlbs with arp studs. so ill drive it a few more times then check torque and go from there.

pics

turbo addict

Did you use sealant on the HG? I'm a fan of the Mopar sealant used for MLS head gaskets. Worked well on all my cars and the copper gasket in my Mom's '28 Model A.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    Did you use sealant on the HG? I'm a fan of the Mopar sealant used for MLS head gaskets. Worked well on all my cars and the copper gasket in my Mom's '28 Model A.
    no i put it on dry. ive never had a problem with doing it this way. I going to drive it a like 5 miles and go through a heat cycle and then retorque it just to be on the safe side But i may be doing this again next weekend if that doesnt work. if so i guess ill get some spray and try again.

turbo addict

Fingers crossed for ya, hopefully it's just an illusion! I put every HG I did even at work on dry until '05 and didn't have any problems.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

turbo addict

why until 05? what changed and made you decide do do it differently?

turbo addict

I didn't know anything other than copper spray was available and only used copper on surfaces that weren't pure enough IMO to seal effectively for the long haul.

turbo addict

well drove it to the all mopar car show on saturday and the Diff works great. left about 175ft of white marks infront of my storage complex! I am having issues with it going into high idle mode and having a rev limiter. i belive its the baro senso causing it. hopefully will learn more next this week!

also met MINIGTS at the mopar show. good to meet you john and im glad to see you made it home!

Quote Originally Posted by forcedfedmopar View Post
    well drove it to the all mopar car show on saturday and the Diff works great. left about 175ft of white marks infront of my storage complex! I am having issues with it going into high idle mode and having a rev limiter. i belive its the baro senso causing it. hopefully will learn more next this week!

also met MINIGTS at the mopar show. good to meet you john and im glad to see you made it home!
    Dude, I remember reading this thread a while back and I got to see this car in person. To see how you got it and how it looks now is INCREDIBLE!!! Great work on the body, paint, engine, EVERYTHING! Great to meet you as well and hope to see you at SDAC this year. And drag these other guys with ya, don't let them say no.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

BTW, here is the link for the hood socks. http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-FORD-MUS-7998.html

I got the ones that fit the 79-98 Mustang. They have the ones that have the powder coated pieces for about $20 more or the plain Jane ones for $69. I went with the $69 ones. I'm about to do a write up on this when I move them over to the GLHS. I'll try and get that done this week....hopefully, maybe this weekend.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    BTW, here is the link for the hood socks. http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-FORD-MUS-7998.html

I got the ones that fit the 79-98 Mustang. They have the ones that have the powder coated pieces for about $20 more or the plain Jane ones for $69. I went with the $69 ones. I'm about to do a write up on this when I move them over to the GLHS. I'll try and get that done this week....hopefully, maybe this weekend.
    Thanks. Ill be looking forward to doing this to my car! I know the shower rod is classy but i think ill ditch it for a cleaner look. LOL.

turbo addict

went to the track for the first time with this car with NO street experience with it at all.

best of 8.9 at 80mph with a 2.1 60", 16psi and street trim. not too bad for the first trip out. made 8 runs total with no breakage or leakage of anysort! It was a very susccessful trip.

I need to learn how to drive this thing BAD. A/F was pegged 10:1 the entire run. I think learning how to drive and getting a/f under control will be able to make it past the 8.5 mark before changing any components!

Also started customizing a stock intake for it! After opening up a stock T1 manifold i feel that some real gains should be made from it!

Ill get the actual time slip up later.

turbo addict

Back to the track last friday again.
    Best of 8.71 at 82mph, 2.125 60ft, 14 psi. Only change since last time was fuel pressure and boost. I turned boost down to 14psi and lowered fuel pressure 12psi which got a/f to 10.5:1. bumped up boost to 16psi and didnt go anyfaster? i think ill take a little more fuel out when the new cal gets here and go back at the end of july to hopefully get some 8.5s in before changing to new intake and holset.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Pretty good runs.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Pretty good runs.
    I always get you two mixed up when I see your posts!

Good Runs BTW.

turbo addict

Kaleb, you're not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolinhard View Post
    I always get you two mixed up when I see your posts!

Good Runs BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    Kaleb, you're not the only one.
    I do the same thing lol. I'm like "Whaaat, when'd I post that? Oh yeah, not me"
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

turbo addict

Been awhile since i updated.

coolant leak figured out- Seeping from the manifold bolts will fix this winter when i put on my new custom 1 piece intake manifold.

Went to the track one last time this year and pulled off an 8.3 at 85mph with 14-15 psi. I know i made a better run but did not get a time slip so all i can prove is the 8.3.
    I tried to turn the boost up and could not get anymore than 15ish due to the small WG can. I have a large can to put on.

So winter plans are to seal up coolant leak, buy slicks, put intake and wg can.

Also have been collecting parts for a good top end which include, adjustable cam gear, mexican casting head, +1 valves, tubular header, holset he341, intake manifold. Still need to get cam and springs. havent decided what i want to go with yet.

turbo addict

Ive been busy building my new garage but now that winter has hit im back to the grind and loving it! I started to build a modded 1 piece for the car which i think should work out pretty slick and still maintain the stock look.

heres the tread on it
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...567#post759567

Looks slick.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast