Thread: Turbowagon intercooler install

Turbowagon intercooler install

Started dismantling the front end in preparation for the cummins turbo diesel intercooler. Just like the Shadow I used to have it installed in, it will just barely fit between the framerails

With the front bumper and cover removed, I'm surprised how much I like it! Kinda resembles a Mercedes...maybe someday I'll see about doing some custom work and tucking the front bumper in closer to the grill.

Tomorrow in addition to cutting some holes, I'll have to move the radiator towards the passenger side 1"...but I do hope to have it finished sometime in the afternoon .

[FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Re: Turbowagon intercooler install

looks good! do u have a project log for this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmesich View Post
    do u have a project log for this thing?
    This is the first one I've started in this section, but there are numerous threads elsewhere about things I've done to it in the past. Maybe I'll try to round them up and compile them here...
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

A rust free woody? That car is so cool!

If you're coming through the Brainerd area this summer you should bring it! I just picked up a spirit r/t that's getting some "Jackson mods" done to it.

We could terrorize central Minnesota in two grandma cars!

Besides, I owe you dinner at el tequila!

Quote Originally Posted by MNmopar View Post
    A rust free woody? That car is so cool!

If you're coming through the Brainerd area this summer you should bring it! I just picked up a spirit r/t that's getting some "Jackson mods" done to it.

We could terrorize central Minnesota in two grandma cars!

Besides, I owe you dinner at el tequila!
    Hi Josh! Yeah I dollied this wagon home from Florida about 4 years ago. It's super solid and the floors are perfect. The top of the car is baked, but that just ads to the sleeper effect

Probably won't be bringing it up North this year, as I can't fit the whole Family in it...but we can definately meet up and grab something to eat

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Wow, that is a lot of IC. How much, if any cutting was necessary for the installation?

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Wow, that is a lot of IC. How much, if any cutting was necessary for the installation?
    Well, when I installed this into the Shadow, I had to make two holes near the framerail to stick the piping through, and I also trimmed the steel bumper as the instructions I was following said I needed to...although I don't think I'll have to do that with the wagon, as there is plenty of room behind the bumper

Here's the page with the instructions I followed for the Shadow http://www.moparhead.50megs.com/intercooler.htm

Looking good. Nice work on it so far.
    You and your interior modifications lMAO

Thanks for the info, that was a pretty good writeup. How thick is that core? It looks relatively thin, although I'm sure the frontal area helps to make up for that.

Time for a long overdue update lol

turbo addict

yep they pretty much bolt into every turbo mopar the same way. They are nice and big and never get hot. But they don't flow all that great. Better than a T2 stocker but not as well as you can get on Ebay or from some place like Treadstone or Spearco. Here's some pics of mine installed in my 87 daytona ShelbyZ and a buddies 91 shadow. http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/v/Me...IC+in+Daytona/ http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/v/Me...+IC+in+Shadow/ We didn't have to move the radiator though.

That's awesome Paul. Thanks for the updated pics.

A shot of the intercooler piping...it's a conglomeration of scrap hoses/pipe, although the pipe is freshly powder-coated thanks to Jakub W!
    Keep the functional A/C was a must