Thread: GLHS fan motor needed

turbo addict

GLHS fan motor needed

I burned up the fan motor in my GLHS yesterday and I need one. Story here: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...965#post644965

I have a few slimline fans but they are all 91+ models (TIII) with the connector right on the motor housing. Will one of these bolt in with an adapter harness? I don't have the car right here to compare.

Re: GLHS fan motor needed

Kelly try to locate an 87 glhs fan and fan shroud assy, they are a better design and bolt right up. but remember, an 87S fan will not bolt up to an 86S fan shroud and vice versa.

turbo addict

an 89/90 spirit with a V6 has a slim fan with the old style connector. Just have to trim the corners a bit.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    an 89/90 spirit with a V6 has a slim fan with the old style connector. Just have to trim the corners a bit.
    Thanks, Jonnyb in the other thread basically set me up wit the same thing. I think it was out of a Shodow but the holes line up and I just need to trim it down.

Still looking for a GLHS fan motor. We took the motor out and the windings are spent. So I have a good shroud, fan and hardware.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3Iroc View Post
    Thanks, Jonnyb in the other thread basically set me up wit the same thing. I think it was out of a Shodow but the holes line up and I just need to trim it down.

Still looking for a GLHS fan motor. We took the motor out and the windings are spent. So I have a good shroud, fan and hardware.
    good luck! I looked for quite some time at fan motor supply places and such with no luck maybe someone will have a used one we used a one out of a acclaim or something and put it in sideways with trimming the edges but it is a pain cause you have to remove the fan to change the oil filter, but it does work

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    good luck! I looked for quite some time at fan motor supply places and such with no luck maybe someone will have a used one we used a one out of a acclaim or something and put it in sideways with trimming the edges but it is a pain cause you have to remove the fan to change the oil filter, but it does work

I didn't know I have to remove it to change the filter but it isn't a big deal. I just changed the oil Friday and I only put maybe 1K miles on it a year.

It's better than nothing but I would like to get a stock motor back on it to keep it original.