Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 400 hp on a 8v??

Mitsu booster

Re: 400 hp on a 8v??

Quote Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
    You should be able to do it...there are many street driven 2.4 SRT4s pulling over 400 hp...mine is about 285-300 using a BFMIC, Mopar 2 1/2 CAI, Mopar 2 1/2 exhaust with an extra muffler thrown in, Stage 2 with no toys, Walpro 255, and a Forward Motion S3 turbo running only 14 psi boost on 93 oct, pump gas, and DOT Hoosier drag radials. I am now breaking axles so in the next few weeks will go in some DSS stage 3s AND...best of all...a fuel controller so we can raise the boost. The wrench doing my car thinks the new contrroller is good for 100+ hp and we'll see 24-26 psi of boost safely. I am a conservative and can see the following:

If it ads only 50 hp my 12.8 ets will drop to 12.1s and if I gain 75 hp then I will be into the high 11s, he thinks I will run in the 11.6-11.7 or even in the 11.5s!

Of course, I STILL have a twin fogger nitrous set up sitting in the garage that I can set as low as 50 hp or a motor blowing 300 hp shot!!!

35 time NHRA/IHRA Drag Race Champ
    05 SRT4 / S2 / 12.87 @ 110 / DOTs
    05 Mustang V6 / wifes / 15.17 @ 92 BONE stock
    96 Geo Metro / 3 cyl - 1 ltr - 55 hp / 19.84 @ 66
    84 Horizon / used to run 13's no power adders
    What does this have to do with his question? Why do you always have to talk about yourself? NO GIVES A SHAT ABOUT YOUR DUMB --- BRACKET RACING RECORD OR YOUR "PITBULL". You should call yourself and leave a voice message, then you can play it over and over again and instead having to post it. Sorry someone has to say it...

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.5tsa View Post
    What does this have to do with his question? Why do you always have to talk about yourself? NO GIVES A SHAT ABOUT YOUR DUMB --- BRACKET RACING RECORD OR YOUR "PITBULL". You should call yourself and leave a voice message, then you can play it over and over again and instead having to post it. Sorry someone has to say it...
    Just who the hell are you?!

Angelo has real-world experience that he is sharing, that's something of value to this community, his accomplishments lend much more credibility to what he says than anything you and your 6 posts have to offer.

Unprovoked attacks like this won't earn you any favor with the other "residents" of this community, more likely the "ban stick".

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Hmmmmmm, jealous? Not sure why your lashing out at him, as said, he has merely pointed out real world facts, just like we all do, its called HELPING!!
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Duster View Post
    Is Lonewolf Performance even around any more?
    +2
    I would like to find an intake flange with injector bungs myself. If anyone makes these shoot me a pm.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Lengle has made stuff like that, although I don't think he's made one with the injector bungs, I'm confident he could /would if he were sufficiently motivated...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Hmmmmmm, jealous? Not sure why your lashing out at him, as said, he has merely pointed out real world facts, just like we all do, its called HELPING!!
    absolutely Simon!!

to that 2.5tsa remember you can get something done right and have a 150 ways to do it... you've been on here for a month, and have posted NOTHING to contribute to this community...

hows this hot shot know it all, i went 12.66@107 on a STOCK 1 piece, a STOCK 46mm throttle body, in a STOCK BOTTOM END 2.5L HEAVY A$$ 3000lb Daytona and mine sat right at 300 hp... so heres some advice for you ...STFU!

on a side note, I for one, have found this thread to be VERY helpful as i too am shooting for atleast a 400hp goal for my Lbody

so thank you T-M

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

You just joined last month. Then attacking someone on a posting made almost 2 years ago.

Consider this your first and only warning.

Hybrid booster

Subscribed! This has been very informative and helped me make some decisions on what to get as replacements. Now I wished I was able to fully port my 2-piece before installing it. Have the v-band, large injectors, TU cast header, 3" mandrel bent exhaust and ported head. When I have the funds, will dyno the car. Not intended for the drags, but plan to autocross.
    Would love to get 400whp or more.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The valvetrain on these engines is no where near as bad as ppl try to make them out to be, IF you stay within the working perameters and make sure that everything is set-up and working right.
    Forgive please for asking so many months later, but what would you consider the working parameters to be?

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
    best of all...a fuel controller so we can raise the boost. The wrench doing my car thinks the new contrroller is good for 100+ hp and we'll see 24-26 psi of boost safely.
    I know this is an old post, but can you elaborate a bit on the fuel controller? Sounds very interesting!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post

I know this is an old post, but can you elaborate a bit on the fuel controller? Sounds very interesting!
    He's talking SRT4 so that doesn't apply to us.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

He's talking SRT4 so that doesn't apply to us.
    poot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

having guys like angelo on this forum is what makes TMso cool
    later Dick Westerhof

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Forgive please for asking so many months later, but what would you consider the working parameters to be?

From all of the info I've gathered from sources I trust 100% and my own experience I would say up to .550 lift and 8000rpm is prob the safe upper limit with hydr lash adj's.

The Charger has proven itself "bulletproof" with the F4 and 7400rpm, the V/T works better than it did with the stock cam and .061's!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

From all of the info I've gathered from sources I trust 100% and my own experience I would say up to .550 lift and 8000rpm is prob the safe upper limit with hydr lash adj's.

The Charger has proven itself "bulletproof" with the F4 and 7400rpm, the V/T works better than it did with the stock cam and .061's!
    I guess it's time to give Simon's S-60 roller a try.

So the reason for not running the cam was fear of the V/T failing? I remember 10 years ago when it was said that the roller followers were so weak that we could never run a really hi po cam in these engines because the followers would be the first thing to fail! lol That the first thing that would be needed is a set of stronger roller followers.

So here we are 10 years later and Warren in running a .600+ lift SOLID cam with the stock roller followers at almost 8000rpm with one season behind him and no issues!

Lucky that some of us still use our own thinking caps instead of just believing the outcome of a group of ppl that just sit around discussing what will/won't, should/shouldn't work with NO actual proof!

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

turbo addict

So the reason for not running the cam was fear of the V/T failing? I remember 10 years ago when it was said that the roller followers were so weak that we could never run a really hi po cam in these engines because the followers would be the first thing to fail! lol That the first thing that would be needed is a set of stronger roller followers.

So here we are 10 years later and Warren in running a .600+ lift SOLID cam with the stock roller followers at almost 8000rpm with one season behind him and no issues!

Lucky that some of us still use our own thinking caps instead of just believing the outcome of a group of ppl that just sit around discussing what will/won't, should/shouldn't work with NO actual proof!
    Couldn't have said it better!!!!

Do it but run your stocker first, either dyno or track then switch to the S60,

So the reason for not running the cam was fear of the V/T failing? Lucky that some of us still use our own thinking caps instead of just believing the outcome of a group of ppl that just sit around discussing what will/won't, should/shouldn't work with NO actual proof!
    Such flattery! I don't claim to be as knowledgeble about these things as many of you. That's why I ask questions like that.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Do it but run your stocker first, either dyno or track then switch to the S60,
    I don't have access to either unfortunately. I'll use the trusty G-Meter.

turbo addict

Well I don't really know what srt-4's have to do with this thread but I concur with Shadow that broad statements about mechanical parts made by someone who is considered an "expert" should be taken with a grain of salt regardless of how much you want to suck up to them. We say a lot of things that we find out we were wrong about. I only like to listen to guesses that are at least based on critical analysis of a part rather then "a feeling" or "looks like." Sometimes we need to think about things before jumping headllong into an impossible project but Its a lot easier to say a tiny rod won't make power then "this valvetrain part is going to fail because I say so and I have blah blah blah gold stars on my record"

I have learned a lot about how great my valvetrain is when I thought it was garbage based on uninformed opinionated people. A few tweaks and mediocrity can be superiority. My belief on big power is that if you want it, and want to take advantage of larger turbos, your only choice is RPM or spray. Spray means when you are empty, you are done having fun. The guys who learn to rev high will be the fastest on and off spray. Interested for the day I see a 70+mm turbo on an 8 valve with a nice powerband. Its possible but I don't know if anyone is crazy enough to go for it. Should require over 8k rpms.

Whats the biggest turbo someone has run with an 8 valve (besides Stephane and his 71mm methanol car which might not have even had a 71mm when it was 8 valve).
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Such flattery! I don't claim to be as knowledgeble about these things as many of you. That's why I ask questions like that.

I hope that didn't come across the wrong way, as reading it back now, it sound different than when I posted it. Was just thinking out loud and in no way intended to offend you. My appologies to you sir.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!