Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 400 hp on a 8v??

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: 400 hp on a 8v??

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    I never had a problem with either... but I know how to drive and its a 5-speed.
    Knowing how to drive is pointless really. What are you going to do at every red light? hold the gas at 5000 rpm and when it goes green, drop the clutch, just to get the turbo to spool?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Knowing how to drive is pointless really. What are you going to do at every red light? hold the gas at 5000 rpm and when it goes green, drop the clutch, just to get the turbo to spool?
    Every light? you sir, must not know how to drive. Does it take boost to pull across an intersection on a regular commute? its power on demand... no need to spool it unless you need to use it... and full spool by 4000, better than Vtec, yo

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

Every light? you sir, must not know how to drive. Does it take boost to pull across an intersection on a regular commute? its power on demand... no need to spool it unless you need to use it... and full spool by 4000, better than Vtec, yo

You might like spool at 4000, others don't, hence the need for clarification.

Mine spooled at 4200 rpm, at times was doggy around town, I'd settle for 3500,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

You might like spool at 4000, others don't, hence the need for clarification.

Mine spooled at 4200 rpm, at times was doggy around town, I'd settle for 3500,
    Again... why do you need to spool at every light?

Waaaaaait, i get it, cuz you have an autotragic in a heavyass van... in a stick car its not a big deal... to each his own.

How does the Carroll Shelby Quote go? "if you've got lag, you're not driving it right"

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Waaaaaait, i get it, cuz you have an autotragic in a heavyass van... in a stick car its not a big deal... to each his own.

How does the Carroll Shelby Quote go? "if you've got lag, you're not driving it right"
    Didn't say you had to spool at every light?

Info on spool is a good thing, not sure why your getting bent out of shape?

Sure, tell Autox'ers lag works,

Exactly, to each their own but again, info rules,

Didn't say you had to spool at every light?
    OK, what does this mean?

What are you going to do at every red light? hold the gas at 5000 rpm and when it goes green, drop the clutch, just to get the turbo to spool?
    Info on spool is a good thing, not sure why your getting bent out of shape?
    Not bent out of shape at all... I just hate it when people talk 'matter of factly" with their opinion so if I'm in the right mood I serve it back to them

Sure, tell Autox'ers lag works,
    Its called power band... last time I auto X'ed a turbo car (a stock one that spooled at 2k) I never saw under 4k anyways... and for the experts... *cough* heel-toe *cough*

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

OK, what does this mean?
    In response to your post #105

Quote Originally Posted by JT's earlier post

Not bent out of shape at all... I just hate it when people talk 'matter of factly" with their opinion so if I'm in the right mood I serve it back to them
    I didn't think we were talking matter of factly? but about actual facts?

Its called power band... last time I auto X'ed a turbo car (a stock one that spooled at 2k) I never saw under 4k anyways... and for the experts... *cough* heel-toe *cough*

Hahhaa, yeah, but from reading, alot of the auto x'ers what more power off idle than higher up,

In response to your post #105
    which was in response to the comment you made and I quoted in my last post...

I didn't think we were talking matter of factly? but about actual facts?
    Opinions are not necesarily facts

Hahhaa, yeah, but from reading, alot of the auto x'ers what more power off idle than higher up,
    Sure cuz its easier... a V8 with off idle torque is easier too. .... Since most autoX are short tracks the guys I've talked to say no matter what it is the goal is to have the longest powerband whether it is from 1000 to 4000 or 4000 to 7000 doesnt matter what does is how long it is so you dont have to shift

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

which was in response to the comment you made and I quoted in my last post...
    And I simply said if you have lag, then if you want to leave in a rush, implied, then you have to rev and drop the clutch. Some don't like that, or they do once in awhile, not sure why this is getting beaten to death, the posts are pretty clear.

Opinions are not necesarily facts
    I thought we were talking about facts or are you simply saying that a stage III in a .63 vs a .48 is identical or close enough to not worry about, using facts?

Sure cuz its easier... a V8 with off idle torque is easier too. .... Since most autoX are short tracks the guys I've talked to say no matter what it is the goal is to have the longest powerband whether it is from 1000 to 4000 or 4000 to 7000 doesnt matter what does is how long it is so you dont have to shift
    Well durr, lol.

Did we geta facepalm smilie yet?

Yer the one beating it to death there Besides I bet yer GT35R doesnt spool like a stock turbo, why did you ever put that on?

The opinion I am reffering to is your opinion that lag is impossible to drive "when you want to leave in a rush" and am confused now as you have a large turbo which has lag...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

boostaholic

this thread was great till the bitchfit bickering

*subsrcibed*

LOL yeah no doubt... sorry for the derail

We started making a "HP Recipie Matrix" but never got too far. In all reality there are many ways to get to each differnet HP level. And when you combine that with 1/4 mile times, the same HP will yeild many different times depending on what combination it is in, example a 400whp L-body can run 10's, a heavier car 11's, heavy tool-shed shaped Minivan 12's, etc... all limited by traction, driver, etc.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Did we geta facepalm smilie yet?

Yer the one beating it to death there Besides I bet yer GT35R doesnt spool like a stock turbo, why did you ever put that on?

The opinion I am reffering to is your opinion that lag is impossible to drive "when you want to leave in a rush" and am confused now as you have a large turbo which has lag...
    I am not beating it to death, you keep going on and on about matter of facts, lol.

I put the GT on to make top end, plus it was cheap, the lag could be better and should be with my next build,

LOL yeah no doubt... sorry for the derail

We started making a "HP Recipie Matrix" but never got too far. In all reality there are many ways to get to each differnet HP level. And when you combine that with 1/4 mile times, the same HP will yeild many different times depending on what combination it is in, example a 400whp L-body can run 10's, a heavier car 11's, heavy tool-shed shaped Minivan 12's, etc... all limited by traction, driver, etc.
    Exactly,

boostaholic

from what i understand shadow was sayin is that 300 whp isnt the limit with a s60 turbo.... as long as its set up correctly... sounded like he was saying 400 whp isnt the limit either...

Quote Originally Posted by thefitisgay View Post
    from what i understand shadow was sayin is that 300 whp isnt the limit with a s60 turbo.... as long as its set up correctly... sounded like he was saying 400 whp isnt the limit either...
    300 whp is close/or the limit with an S60 turbo, the package was rated at the crankshaft, not whp.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefitisgay View Post
    Not sure how you came to this conclusion? 300WHP with an S60, no problem, 400WHP? Maayyyybbbeeee.......with a 50 shot of NO2! lol

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Not sure how you came to this conclusion? 300WHP with an S60, no problem, 400WHP? Maayyyybbbeeee.......with a 50 shot of NO2! lol
    how i came to that conclusion? easy i have nooooo clue what im talking about

turbo addict

Simon? J.T.?...awe c'mon guys! I was just get'n into this...

boostaholic

I am shooting for 400+ hp on my 8 valve. I am fully confident that it will happen also.
    Here is my project log:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39295

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast