Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Re: MPScan

Here is a start-up log from yesterday morning.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Also, I changed the decimals to 2 in the Ram Location, but the O2Volts still doesn't show 2 decimals?
    that changes it permanently for future configuration files. however you need to go back into the display configuration file and edit the gauge format to be "#0.00" or worst case, just reselect the gauge location from the drop down box and it should update the format for you.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    that changes it permanently for future configuration files. however you need to go back into the display configuration file and edit the gauge format to be "#0.00" or worst case, just reselect the gauge location from the drop down box and it should update the format for you.
    I tried reselecting, didn't work. I'll check the format.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

I tried reselecting, didn't work. I'll check the format.
    actually, u may have to select another location and then reselect the desired location.

i just posted an update (2.0.0.9). this version adds high/low marks for all of the gauges except a "bit" gauge. here is a quick log i did that shows it in action. you need to first let mpscan update to the new version. then run the log. it took me a few seconds to actually start moving the gauge so be patient!

lmk what u think.

i just posted an update (2.0.0.9). this version adds high/low marks for all of the gauges except a "bit" gauge. here is a quick log i did that shows it in action. you need to first let mpscan update to the new version. then run the log. it took me a few seconds to actually start moving the gauge so be patient!

lmk what u think.
    That works nicely
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

ok great - i hope the "dots" are ok for markers. it ends up being alot simpler than trying to draw a fancy arrow, or custom tick mark. but, if the consensus is contrary, i can easily change it to some other "look".

Any way you could make so that in playback you can see the timeline and click the time you want to view?
    i assume you are talking about mpscan2 ;-) btw, when a graph is displayed you can pause the playback, click and hold the mouse down on the scrolling graph, and then move over the graph to see the values for the different points. can you be more specific how you envision this working?
    Like, when I do a long log, like a drive to town (10 mins maybe), I'd like to be able to click on a timeline at the point where I want to watch, instead of having to just fast forward. Even just having a visual idea of far along the timeline it is would be helpful. Like a bar at the top w/ a dot that moves along as it plays or something.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

yep - i can do that. it does show which sample you are on at the bottom ("sample xx of xxxx") but there is no easy way to get to a specific point other than fast forwarding.

updated tonight. when you pause during playback you can double click the text box on the menu that shows the current sample being displayed. you can then enter any sample number and it will take you to that exact spot.

Will try it out.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

turbo addict

wrong thread

Here's another driving log I took. I think something is up with my knock sensor circuit, wasn't reading on this run but seemed to work later. Also, when the engine is off the MAP reads -2" of vacuum, something off with the multiplier or breakpoints maybe?

On the pulsewidth, you think maybe that it is in micro seconds? I am running 3-bar w/ 58lb injectors, so the idle pulsewidth would be a lot lower than stock 30ish lb injectors.

Oh, and the sample selector box works good, I like the Prev/Next buttons.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

rob M - if your testing is done you should set the logging rate back to 75-100 mSecs or so so there aren't SO many samples for the program to digest. i see that displaying the graph brings the system to its knees with that many samples. i need to fix that. i'll try to look at how you have the gauges set up to see if i can determine what's up with the pw and some of the other settings.

my development computer has crashed so i will need to get that up and running again before i can help you much with the scanning program. if the key is off the data you are getting is bogus. however, it should work once the key is on but the car isn't running.

Key on, engine off, it reads -2 inHg. I'll reset the log rate. Lmk if you want me to log different parameters for testing. As for the pulsewidth gauges, I have not done anything to the gauge settings. Just selected the gauge and told t what address to read from.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

rob L and I were working on the pulsewidth issue some time back. don't know if we ever really came to a resolution on the correct numbers to use for the ecu min/max for mpscan at least. i see your min/max settings for both the INJPW and PTPW locations is 0/49152. i think they should be set to 0/131072. looking at the code, however, it looks like it should be 0/262144 but that seemed to give bad values.

you should change your ram location file setup for those two items to use 131072 for the ecu max value. you will then need to go into your display layout setup, edit the gauge and change the location to a different location and then back to the correct location so it updates the gauge settings. alternatively, you could edit the .MPc file directly and change the ecu values from 49152 to 131072.

also, the baro pressure reading is 1 psi for most of the run. the underlying data actually is a value of 88. i think the baro gauge should maybe go from 0 to 44.1 vs -14.7 to 29.4. also maybe set the multiplier to 2.036254 so it reports everything in inHg. so, using the value of 88 and the new settings it would return a baro reading of around 30.9 inHG (although that seems kinda high). maybe you could check next time what the actually barometric pressure is and see how it matches up.

i purchased a new development computer yesterday so will try to get everything reloaded and determine why the map shows the -2 with the key on, engine off.

rob L and I were working on the pulsewidth issue some time back. don't know if we ever really came to a resolution on the correct numbers to use for the ecu min/max for mpscan at least. i see your min/max settings for both the INJPW and PTPW locations is 0/49152. i think they should be set to 0/131072. looking at the code, however, it looks like it should be 0/262144 but that seemed to give bad values.

you should change your ram location file setup for those two items to use 131072 for the ecu max value. you will then need to go into your display layout setup, edit the gauge and change the location to a different location and then back to the correct location so it updates the gauge settings. alternatively, you could edit the .MPc file directly and change the ecu values from 49152 to 131072.

also, the baro pressure reading is 1 psi for most of the run. the underlying data actually is a value of 88. i think the baro gauge should maybe go from 0 to 44.1 vs -14.7 to 29.4. also maybe set the multiplier to 2.036254 so it reports everything in inHg. so, using the value of 88 and the new settings it would return a baro reading of around 30.9 inHG (although that seems kinda high). maybe you could check next time what the actually barometric pressure is and see how it matches up.

i purchased a new development computer yesterday so will try to get everything reloaded and determine why the map shows the -2 with the key on, engine off.
    Okay I'll try that stuff. I didn't even think about it being 0-44 psi. When you look at the boost target tables, they go up to 44. Maybe for the Map Value we should put in 0-44 also? And then set the gauge lower breakpoint to 14.7 instead of 0 for reading vacuum? Maybe that's why it says -2 InHg with the key on, engine off?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Thinking of what else i should do with MPScan. One item would be to see if there is any interest in incorporating actuator test mode (ATM) in the program. So hopefully this would work similar to a DRB scanner. There are also some drb code options to do switch tests (brake, neutral, a/c, speed sensor i think) and to reset the emr mileage light and erase error codes.

Input? Suggestions?

(I still would like to get the wideband interface done but the summer projects are getting stacked up already at home!!)
    Last edited by wowzer; 05-08-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

All of the above!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Morris - Ran into this error today - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	40797

I created a display on my work PC, and it gets sync'd with my laptop and home PC thru DropBox. But, when i try to open the display at home, I get this error. It seems to still be looking for the RAM setup on my thumbdrive, not in the relative folder...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast