Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPScan

- so, 2 separate gauges for 1 ecu location or 1 gauge with different scales?
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

One gauge with two scales.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

ok - so here's what i did.

for each gauge type i added a lower and upper "breakpoint" and an associated lower and upper "multiplier". e.g. using a map gauge, you could set the lower breakpoint to 0 and the multiplier to 2.036254 so that if the map goes below 0 psi (i.e. goes into vacuum) then the gauge will multiply the ecu value by 2.036254 and display that value instead. i.e. -10 psi would display as -20.36. the tick mark values will also change.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapgaugesettings.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	37988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapgauge.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	37989

will this work?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

That's exactly what I was talking about, thank you!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

been working on an AFR gauge display for logging. here is a short, crude video i took of it in action. i included the gauge in the latest version i posted tonight but it really should be considered a beta version. also, you really need to wait until rob updates all the scanner settings in the asm files before you try it. but, if u can't wait, i can help you get it set up to try out.

http://youtu.be/jzm00g16Ayg

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    been working on an AFR gauge display for logging. here is a short, crude video i took of it in action. i included the gauge in the latest version i posted tonight but it really should be considered a beta version. also, you really need to wait until rob updates all the scanner settings in the asm files before you try it. but, if u can't wait, i can help you get it set up to try out.

What do I need to do to the scanner setup?
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

set the maximum pulsewidth to 131070 in the ecu max field for the pulsewidth ram location. check your email.

turbo addict

Is this vid running with wide or narrow band input?

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    Is this vid running with wide or narrow band input?
    No input at all. It's showing you the ECU's calculated theoretical A/F. I think Morris' point is to give you a reference to compare a WB signal to for calculating the A/F error and tuning the PEFTBL...

It's essentially the same A/F as the 'A/F setup' in MP Tuner.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

yep - this is what i call the "commanded afr" and hopefully will be able to use it to compare to an actual wideband afr to determine fueling error. with that info you should be able to tweak the pumping efficiency table to correct the volumetric efficiency error. still trying to determine if it really is a valid number at this point. also, i noticed this morning when displaying the afr on the graph that the value is whacked out so i need to fix that.

also, the next big step is capturing the actual wideband info into mpscan2 to combine with the ecu output. probably need to get ahold of risen to see how he did it with logworks.

(man rob, your post was at 12:51 a.m.!?! - don't u sleep?)

(man rob, your post was at 12:51 a.m.!?! - don't u sleep?)
    Sometimes it seems like it... My daughter woke up at 2:30 and after I tucked her back in I couldn't get back to sleep, lol...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

How do I post a log file on here for others to view? I compressed it to a .rar file, but when I try to attach it to a post, it isn't available.

Oh and how can you get the MapValue to display vacuum in InHg, or at least in -psi? And an the Charge Temp be displayed in degrees instead of volts?
    Last edited by Force Fed Mopar; 03-23-2012 at 01:27 AM.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    How do I post a log file on here for others to view? I compressed it to a .rar file, but when I try to attach it to a post, it isn't available.

Oh and how can you get the MapValue to display vacuum in InHg, or at least in -psi? And an the Charge Temp be displayed in degrees instead of volts?
    The charge temp is a problem for the SMEC cals because the output isn't linear with voltage. If you want to 'fudge' it, you can change the scale to 300 to (-200) and it should be kind of close. But, there will be some error in the middle of the scale. That is, if MP Scan likes that type of scale. MP Tuner doesn't like a reverse scale.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Ah, do you have a scale or chart of some sort that we can refer to to convert the Charge Temp voltage into degrees?

I got to datalog 3 runs last night at the track, want to post them for people to look at but don't know how to do so.

The MapValue reads 0-30 in psi, but can't be right, because at idle it is still showing some psi.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Ah, do you have a scale or chart of some sort that we can refer to to convert the Charge Temp voltage into degrees?

I got to datalog 3 runs last night at the track, want to post them for people to look at but don't know how to do so.

The MapValue reads 0-30 in psi, but can't be right, because at idle it is still showing some psi.
    Yeah, when I setup the boost, I forgot that Baro is added before it's stored. So I need to fix the scale.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Rob M - send your log file to mterveen@yahoo.com and i'll tweak it for you so it displays the map stuff correctly for now. also it will give me a chance to catch any issues of replaying other users log files. when you save a log file all the "current" graph settings are saved with it so the only way to change settings is to open up the log file (.mpl extension) and manually change some of the numbers in the xml layout. so it can be done. best way is to fix the graph settings up front.

to answer a couple of your questions:

1) Fix the MapValue (long term) - attached is a pic of what you should do to your ram file setup. note the ecu and display min/max settings. also, change the decimal cell value to the precision you want.

Name:	mapvalue1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	38492

2) Fix MapValue precision (short term) and change negative psi to InHg - open up the config file (.mpc extension), click on the map gauge, and set the settings as indicated in the picture. note the "format" field uses the standard formatting methods/characters. also, look at the lowerbreakpoint settings and what i changed to get the InHg setup. (see post 103 also)

Name:	mapvalue2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	38493

I am going to post a newer version today that fixes a potential bug in the graphing stuff as well as the afr stuff i'm still trying to firm up.
    Last edited by wowzer; 03-23-2012 at 10:22 AM.

i've also added the ability to have a specific format if you want for the breakpoints, so you can set the vacuum side of the gauge to show values in InHg as whole numbers, boost from 0 to 10 with 1 decimal in psi and boost above 10 psi as 2 decimals, or whatever. just didn't like the look of the gauge as shown above for the vacuum side of things.

Rob M - send your log file to mterveen@yahoo.com and i'll tweak it for you so it displays the map stuff correctly for now. also it will give me a chance to catch any issues of replaying other users log files. when you save a log file all the "current" graph settings are saved with it so the only way to change settings is to open up the log file (.mpl extension) and manually change some of the numbers in the xml layout. so it can be done. best way is to fix the graph settings up front.

to answer a couple of your questions:

1) Fix the MapValue (long term) - attached is a pic of what you should do to your ram file setup. note the ecu and display min/max settings. also, change the decimal cell value to the precision you want.

Name:	mapvalue1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	38492

2) Fix MapValue precision (short term) and change negative psi to InHg - open up the config file (.mpc extension), click on the map gauge, and set the settings as indicated in the picture. note the "format" field uses the standard formatting methods/characters. also, look at the lowerbreakpoint settings and what i changed to get the InHg setup. (see post 103 also)

Name:	mapvalue2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	38493

I am going to post a newer version today that fixes a potential bug in the graphing stuff as well as the afr stuff i'm still trying to firm up.
    Thanks, you should have mail now, just sent you my log files.

Edit: Tried what you said, but it didn't give me InHg. I have a couple extra Format settings than what is shown in your pic.

Name:	MPScan MapValue Prop Settings.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	38517
    Last edited by Force Fed Mopar; 03-24-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Your version was the updated one that had the extra settings for breakpoint units and format.

Your version was the updated one that had the extra settings for breakpoint units and format.
    Here's what I get when I put your settings in:

Name:	MPScan MapValue Prop Settings.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	38523
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast