Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPScan

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    ... You have to have a valid port or it assumes you're not going to log and only lets you open a previously recorded session. Plug in the FTDI cable BEFORE opening MP Scan 2...
    exactly right. if there ain't no port, there ain't no loggin! eventually (maybe) i'll add logic to detect the usb events of physically plugging/unplugging the cable. until then, plug it in first and make sure your pc/laptop knows its out there.

currently i only have it set up to recognize a roving networks bluetooth module or an ftdi usb/rs232 device. i'll add the standard rs232 serial cable/generic usb converter routines soon, as well as fixing a few bugs and adding some other features that were in the old version i still haven't gotten around to yet.

i've only tested it using my smecstim. i'll be curious to see what the logging speed will be on an actual vehicle and if there is any difference.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

I hope to get my SMECStim hooked up this weekend so I can do some real testing on the spark-cut code. I'll for sure be using MP Scan 2.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

**************************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*************************** ****
    The updater program for MPScan2 did not work properly. So if u have installed the new version of MPScan2 prior to today then you need to uninstall it and download the new version from the first post and reinstall. So sorry.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Thanks for the heads-up!

And no worries about not updating.... beggars cannot be choosers!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Morris - just playing with MP Scan tonight and had a thought - how hard would it be to set one RAM location as a limit on a guage that is dispaying another RAM location? for example, you could have a vertical bar showing the knock volts, with the current knock threshold shown as a red line across the bar. Instant view of knock. Another example would be with the rev limiter in the turbonator cals; the rev limit could be shown as a red line across the rpm gauge display. If you're using the staging limiter, you would then see the rev limit change as the staging limiter goes on and off. That wouldn't work with a non-Turbonator cal as the rev limit is in ROM stock.

Manual limits/alarms might be nice, too. You could set a coolant temp that if you go over it flashes the gauge in red or something like that.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Morris - just playing with MP Scan tonight and had a thought - how hard would it be to set one RAM location as a limit on a guage that is dispaying another RAM location? for example, you could have a vertical bar showing the knock volts, with the current knock threshold shown as a red line across the bar. Instant view of knock. Another example would be with the rev limiter in the turbonator cals; the rev limit could be shown as a red line across the rpm gauge display. If you're using the staging limiter, you would then see the rev limit change as the staging limiter goes on and off. That wouldn't work with a non-Turbonator cal as the rev limit is in ROM

Manual limits/alarms might be nice, too. You could set a coolant temp that if you go over it flashes the gauge in red or something like that.
    Now that sounds cool!!!

the manual limits/alarms was something i was going to add in a later version, just haven't made it that far yet! probably set a min/max value type alarm setting that changes the color of something (e.g. the needle, background, suggestions?).

i need to ponder how to interface a gauge with another ram location. in your example does the knock threshold vary as the engine is running or is it static? probably could tie it into an alarm also. e.g. if the actual knock goes above the threshold an alarm is triggered.

in the old version i also had set up a "histogram" display, which basically allowed you to display a ram value in a grid using 2 other ram values as the x and y axis points. is there any interest in that or would i be wasting my time?

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    the manual limits/alarms was something i was going to add in a later version, just haven't made it that far yet! probably set a min/max value type alarm setting that changes the color of something (e.g. the needle, background, suggestions?).

i need to ponder how to interface a gauge with another ram location. in your example does the knock threshold vary as the engine is running or is it static? probably could tie it into an alarm also. e.g. if the actual knock goes above the threshold an alarm is triggered.

in the old version i also had set up a "histogram" display, which basically allowed you to display a ram value in a grid using 2 other ram values as the x and y axis points. is there any interest in that or would i be wasting my time?
    The threshold changes with RPM, so no it's not static. Same with the rev limiter. It changes depending on whether or not the car is staging.

I would think the X vs Y type of chart would be useful, but probably not on-the-fly. If I want to see that type of chart, I think it would be just as easy to set it up in Excel.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

i uploaded a new version earlier this evening that should fix some of the issues with trying to populate the ram locations from the .lst file. also, this version has the error codes stuff loaded in.

and - i got the alarm feature working on the next version. pretty simple really. you can set an "alarm" that turns the gauge border red (or whatever color you want) if the ecu value logged goes above or below a value you can set for each gauge.

still trying to figure out the best way to incorporate a secondary ecu value into an existing gauge. hopefully by this weekend i'll have something that works.

once everythings working i'll post a quick video of it in action.

Cool!

Another question (that I'm sure I could easily answer myself if I opened MP Scan, but I'm at work and it's not installed on my new PC):
    Does the bit flags still auto-populate the bit definitions? Or, do I have to do something special? I can't remember how it was setup in MP Scan 1; but I thought it was automatic.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

when you add the bit gauge to the layout and select a ram location the program will try to populate the fields with the bit definitions if they have been set up in the asm. if there are none it will just populate it with a generic definition.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BitGauge.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	37838
    Last edited by wowzer; 02-28-2012 at 11:48 AM.

turbo addict

i cant wait as long as it doesn't flash danger to intake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    when you add the bit gauge to the layout and select a ram location the program will try to populate the fields with the bit definitions if they have been set up in the asm. if there are none it will just populate it with a generic definition.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BitGauge.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	37838
    OK, thanks. That's perfect...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

ver 2.0.0.4 posted. adds gauge alarm and secondary ecu location display on most of the graphs.

here is a link to a 11 min demo. don't laugh. it's my first time! . realized i had the codec wrong when i got done. oh well. better luck next time. (and it's asm not acm - )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNRqCiro-lE

turbo addict

thats awsome !!!!!
    is there anyway to select Vac/boost from Map volts if the correct BAR is selected from the Cal?

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    thats awsome !!!!!
    is there anyway to select Vac/boost from Map volts if the correct BAR is selected from the Cal?
    Can you clarify? I'm not sure what you mean, but it might just be a matter of setting up the logging parameters correctly...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

can the guage be set up for Vac/ boost insteed of Map volts if the right Map 1-5 bar is selected

You could select the mapvalue location instead. !? That displays in psi.

Morris - is it possible ot setup 2 different logging channels for the same RAM value? What I was thinking is, I could setup 2 MAP Value channels - 1 in psi and 1 in inHg. I would set the display scale for the psi guage to 0-14.7 (or 29.4, etc) psi, basically making it a 'boost' guage. And the inHg one I would limit the display to -30inHg to 0, making it a vacuum only guage.

But, I don't think theres a way (currently) to setup 2 different logging units on the same RAM location.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Would that result in a gauge that displays PSI for boost while showing HG for vacuum like a regular gauge?

If so that would be nice.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast