Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

turbo addict

Re: MPScan

Ok i watched the videos and got the basics set up, but i have a few questions with gauge set up.
    I want to change the RPM to only read 0-6000 not to 8000 how do i do that?
    I want to change the units names on some of them is that possible

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    Ok i watched the videos and got the basics set up, but i have a few questions with gauge set up.
    PC version, correct?
    You change it in the ram setup.
    Find your description, RPM, and in the table you'll see ECU min max (don't change this), and there is display min max. You can set your display max to 6000.
    Be sure to save before closing window.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    PC version, correct?
    You change it in the ram setup.
    Find your description, RPM, and in the table you'll see ECU min max (don't change this), and there is display min max. You can set your display max to 6000.
    Be sure to save before closing window.
    Ok this?
    Because when I click on these nothing happens

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Sorry, it is called Gauge Settings in MPScan.
    Go to Settings/layout files/gauge settings.
    You can click on the long name header, or short name header to sort. You need short name = RPM.
    Change "Display Max" to 6000.
    Then Save.
    Then close gauge settings window.
    When you add the RPM gauge to your layout, you will only show values up to 6000 rpm.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1466202929206.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	58579
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

turbo addict

Great thanks I will try that

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    per wayne's request, the latest version of mpscan has the ability to have a user gauge setup, so when the main gauges are updated when you download new setup files, previously modified gauge settings won't be overwritten.

So, make sure you are using version 2.0.3.6. Then,

1) go to settings/layout files/user gauge settings
    2) click add gauge
    3) select, e.g. "enginerpm_hb" which will add the gauge settings to the list.
    4) then modify the cells as desired. e.g. to limit the display to 6000 change "display max" to 6000. also, if you don't like the tick mark numbers only showing the major 1000 value (i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6) but would rather show the full value (1000,2000,etc) then change the divisior back to 1 vs 1000.
    5) exit the cell and click save

the new settings will only be applied to new gauges added to a layout. if you already have an rpm gauge setup it will not change. also, about the only time you would ever change the ecu min/max values would be when you are setting up the AFRwb gauge since each manufacturer will have different low/high range supported.

give it a whirl and let me know.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Thanks Morris, forgot to mention adding it to the user gauge settings list.

And, when we have the aux inputs in MPSciLink, we will need to define ECU min/max values.

This is all good stuff! Thanks Morris!
    Wayne H.

boostaholic

Is there anything special that needs tweaked for an 87LM for mpscan?

I hooked up the ftdi cable that works fine on the 88 smec by the way. In the diagnostic section where you can check relays, solenoids etc I click connect to ecu and it says connected yet if I click test of any of the relays or solenoids it does nothing.

Any input?

turbo addict

Thanks for the info on setting up the gauges worked great

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
    Is there anything special that needs tweaked for an 87LM for mpscan?

I hooked up the ftdi cable that works fine on the 88 smec by the way. In the diagnostic section where you can check relays, solenoids etc I click connect to ecu and it says connected yet if I click test of any of the relays or solenoids it does nothing.

Any input?
    I believe the defaults ate set up to read SMEC, did you change the ecu type in MPScan to LM?

boostaholic

Yes in the ecu type it is set to LM

boostaholic

So I have a windows ten laptop. I have downloaded the latest version of mpscan, updated all the check boxes, reboot the computer, disconnected and reconnected the car battery. What I'm attempting to do is go into the actuator test screen and test the solenoids. I click connect to ecu and it states connected to ecu. Then when I click one of the balloons like wastegate solenoid and click test it goes from start test to stop test instantaneously and the car does nothing. This is with ignition on, it does say the com port is connected. I have set the ecu type to LM. This is on an 87 electronics car with LM T2. This LM is socketed with boostbutton a171 flash
    Last edited by going4speed; 06-19-2016 at 12:19 PM.

going4speed- does logging and flashing work? (So your cable is set up properly?)
    I don't have a LM car, but that is what my smec car does. Ign on but not running, click start test, and then the stop test box will appear, but the solenoid will click on and off. If you can't hear anything, or feel the solenoid click on-off, then you might have a bad solenoid or connection/wiring issue.

Have you tried the fan relay? Or A/C clutch relay? Those are easy to check for function and will tell you if the actuator tests are working.

***I have not tried the actuator tests with my new win10 laptop.
    Wayne H.

So i had to stay up last night to prepare for working nightshift tonight through tues night. I figured i would work on my new to me dell e7240 touch, finishing setting things up and playing around with MPScan and windows 10.
    Well at some point i was trying to clean up some of those "tiles" that i was never going to use, and i thought it would be good to have an MPScan tile. Oh boy did i f-up. This is my first win10 OS, and i clicked and dragged the icon from the recent apps over to the tiles and it put it there, but then had some pop-up alert. When i then tried to open MPScan from any location, it gave me a big error task handler exception. I tried deleting the shortcuts and recreating them, i tried unistalling mpscan and reinstalling, but nothing worked.
    I tried rolling back to a system restore point earlier but it generated a restore error and restored back to a point (after the restore point that i chose!)
    I could not fix whatever i did to mpscan.
    Finally i had to restore back to an earlier restore point which was basically back to when i first turned on the laptop the other day! And it said i wouldn't lose any of my user stuff, but it wiped everything. So now i lost all the work i was doing with my layouts, configs, and my logs i took yesterday.
    Argh. I had to stay up all night anyway, but didn't want to do that all night.
    Wayne H.

boostaholic

Wayne,

Yea I tried a bunch of the actuator tests and non worked. Car wont log either. Stumped. This is a socketed lm so no flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    going4speed- does logging and flashing work? (So your cable is set up properly?)
    I don't have a LM car, but that is what my smec car does. Ign on but not running, click start test, and then the stop test box will appear, but the solenoid will click on and off. If you can't hear anything, or feel the solenoid click on-off, then you might have a bad solenoid or connection/wiring issue.

Have you tried the fan relay? Or A/C clutch relay? Those are easy to check for function and will tell you if the actuator tests are working.

***I have not tried the actuator tests with my new win10 laptop.

Wayne,

Yea I tried a bunch of the actuator tests and non worked. Car wont log either. Stumped. This is a socketed lm so no flashing.
    The cable might not be working, or set up correctly.
    Did you load all the FTDI drivers?
    Did you follow the ftdi setup instructions from post #1?
    The cable isn't exactly plug-n-play, you have to do some virtual port setup.
    Does MPScan show the cable connected in the lower left under ports?
    There are comms log text file in the mpscan appdata folder, that would assist the smart guys to help.
    Wayne H.

Wayne,

i need to probably just disable the actuator test stuff. i set that up LONG LONG ago to use with my smec van. i've never set it up for an LM - actually don't know if i have the data to do that. so, the tests are questionable for the smec and completely untested for the LM. i'll probably need to get rob L involved to see how the LM actuator tests work. once i finish up with the mpscilink device and mpscandroid i'll go back to the actuator tests and get that all working reliably. sorry - so little time!!!

also, as far as logging i don't know what to tell you. just make sure when you set up a "layout" that you have the LM ecu selected before you add gauges. also, it might be a good idea to download all the latest layout files just to make sure you're current. there are a number of people that are logging the LM so i know it works. check some of the log files that are created when you try to connect (mpt2coms.txt and mpscanport.txt) and post them up so i can take a look.

Wayne,

Also i guess we should back up a bit.
    Where did you get the cable?
    Has the cable already been programmed? You have to run a program on it to change some stuff.
    Have you ever logged with the cable?
    (If you got the cable from BoostButton, Rob probably programmed it already.)

Even if the actuator tests are not working/tested for LM, the regular logging is. Sounds like you may have a setup issue.
    Wayne H.

boostaholic

The cable is from Rob. Used it only on the smec till today and did not know that it could not do LM actuator stuff. No big deal really just as long as I know it's not supposed to work then I dont have to try figure out what I am doing wrong.

I need to create a new layout for the LM and try log again.

Thanks all for the feedback.