Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: MPScan

oooh hopefully i get some time this weekend to try it out. i gotta put in my new plugs/wires/cap/rotor/coil so maybe i can take a spin down the road.

Brian

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Morris, does the update change anything for SMEC?
    I was logging yesterday and the logs look weird. It didn't appear the log was tracking well, less updates of points. The display seemed slow too. I checked settings and was set to 250 for display and 100 for log but can't remember if that was what i had previous or if it reverted to a default.

Looking at a .csv of a log, it was like 10 or so event points would be the same values. So its like i lost resolution.
    Not sure if it was some issue with my old laptop though. It has been fine previously.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

I hope nothing changed for you. your settings look ok. you can send me the .mpl file and i'll look at it.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    I hope nothing changed for you. your settings look ok. you can send me the .mpl file and i'll look at it.
    Morris, here is the log file.
    88cam_startup_Bucar7_test2_11-11-15.zip
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

i looked at it briefly. few things:

1) make sure you are using the latest mpscan version (2.0.3.2)
    2) make sure you have downloaded the 6 settings files
    3) some of the gauges are outdated, e.g. the advance gauge. you should update that gauge by changing the ecu location and then changing it back.

the throughput is atrocious so something is definitely wrong. its around 20 bytes per second - should be 250 or more!! if you are using the latest version then it could be tied to that and i'll check it tonight. if you are using an earlier version then i don't know what to tell you.

lmk what you find out.

i looked at it briefly. few things:

1) make sure you are using the latest mpscan version (2.0.3.2)
    2) make sure you have downloaded the 6 settings files
    3) some of the gauges are outdated, e.g. the advance gauge. you should update that gauge by changing the ecu location and then changing it back.

the throughput is atrocious so something is definitely wrong. its around 20 bytes per second - should be 250 or more!! if you are using the latest version then it could be tied to that and i'll check it tonight. if you are using an earlier version then i don't know what to tell you.

lmk what you find out.
    Well this is frustrating.
    I downloaded the 6 settings files, I switched those gauges and then back again, resaved my dashboard. Opened my profile and tried to get a log of the engine startup, and I get com failures. I have the correct com port saved in my com settings, but it fails to connect to the ecu.
    And, MPScan crashes and closes out when i try to reset the connection and hit record.
    Wayne H.

as always, i need to see the connection log files and and crash messages to be able to help .....

as always, i need to see the connection log files and and crash messages to be able to help .....
    Thanks for helping, sorry i was trying to get things packed up. Hitting the road tonight for PA.
    i did not receive any crash message, the program would just close.

Port log:
    mpscan ver - 2.0.3.2 (11/12/2015 3:04:20 PM)
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Win32NT
    trying to open port COM17 - ctlrecord_click
    got a good port back - ctlrecord_click
    try to open port COM17 -initport
    COM17 is a legit port -initport
    usb is available on COM17 -initport
    usb ftdi serial number BBS3XE4O2J is available - initport
    [usbportinit] setting port baud rate to 7812
    ftdi open successful on COM17 -usbportinit
    using protocol SMEC T1:1
    attempt to change ecu baud rate to 62500
    Sending byte 18
    Received 1 byte(s): 18
    Changing mpscan baud rate to 62500
    Sending byte 242
    Received 1 byte(s): 242
    Byte 242 was sent 1 times to make the change.
    usb ftdi
    Successfully opened port - ctlrecord_click

Com log:
    -Comport analysis for mpscan version 2.0.3.2 (11/12/2015 3:03:47 PM)
    -Locating ports on computer-
    name:USB Serial Port (COM17) deviceid:FTDIBUS\VID_0403+PID_6001+BBS3XE4O2JA\000 0
    name:Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM13) deviceid:BTHENUM\{00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB}\8&5C99237&0&000000000000_00000002
    name:Communications Port (COM1) deviceid:ACPI\PNP0501\4&61F3B4B&0
    number of ftdi devices found - 1
    ftdi port num:COM17 serial num:BBS3XE4O2J
    Inverted tx:True Inverted rx:True
    Vcp driver loaded:True
    Latency is set to:16
    checking to see if usb port number COM17 is a moates device
    Moates device not located on this port
    default com port set to:COM17
    Wayne H.

so did it crash again after you got these logs? it looks like it connected ok! if you want you could send me your .mpc file and i'll run it on my smecstim to see if it bombs. thx.

mt

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

com 17? that looks odd. my old laptop would use com4 and my new one uses com3 my original laptop used com4 but when i formatted it and set it back up it used com5 instead, so 17 is a bit off the beaten path, no?
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

so did it crash again after you got these logs? it looks like it connected ok! if you want you could send me your .mpc file and i'll run it on my smecstim to see if it bombs. thx.

mt
    Its just the port number windows assigned the ftdi cable
    It has always been com 17.

I have not tried again, but the last time was just as i described earlier. Got the message saying not connected, unplug and replug usb, then next time i hit record, it all closed out.

I can try one last time before i hit the road. Need to be at Brian's in the morning. Planned to drive overnight and stop in rest stops to sleep. Maybe get a room in MD if i make good time.

gaugesetuptest.zip
    Wayne H.

Just tried again. No worky.

I did try to capture it on video. And uploading to my channel. May take a few minutes.
    Youtube id: "SlugmobileMeanMini "
    Here are the com log.
    Looks like it is defaulting back to com 13?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1447374125524.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	56741
    Wayne H.

And now again, but get this message.
    (I unplugged com13 which is a Bluetooth adapter.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1447374535779.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	56742

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1447374551576.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	56743
    Wayne H.

Well the video is crappy because night time, and trying to hold phone while messing with laptop. But you get the idea.
    https://youtu.be/ql81zQHlXLE

That's it for now. I'm hitting the highway. If there are suggestions, i can see what i can do when i stop at a rest stop.
    Thanks for any help.
    Without being able to log, i may not even run at Cecil. I had to log and make some adjustments, that was the plan anyway.
    Wayne H.

sorry about this wayne - wish i was more help. i currently also having problems with my main win 10 computer at home and the ftdi drivers. the ftdi cable will not work unless i have another usb cable plugged in at the same time. and not just any usb cable but it has to be the usb cable for my saleae analyzer. if i plug in a second ftdi cable it doesn't work or if i just have the main ftdi cable in by itself it doesn't work!!! so frustrating. spent hours last night uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. i thought maybe it was something with mptune/mpscan but downloaded the software on a fresh xp computer, installed the ftdi drivers and every worked perfectly. .................

at this point my best suggestion would be to try installing/reinstalling mpscan and/or the ftdi drivers.

When i have a chance today i will try. Might only be when at the hotel later.
    Wayne H.

I have a BT adapter that MPScan was picking up, but I used the settings to change it to the one for the FTDI cable, nothing else attached to my computer. Wayne, if you have gotten it to work before and it is not now, I would consider checking the settings on the FTDI cable and ensure they have not changed from an OS update, which I have heard can cause issues with FTDI cables, if they are "knock offs", whatever that means. My issue was that I had the Tx/Rx backwards. Once that was resolved, mine started to work. Since the version before the most recent update, mine connects almost immediately when I click the logging button.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

just need to post up since i'm feeling a little punch drunk after spending AT LEAST 6 hours trying to figure out why mptune/mpscan wouldn't work properly. i uninstalled/reinstalled every usb driver multiple times on the pc, reprogrammed the ftdi chip several time, etc. with no luck. the only time i could get it to work was when i had both my ftdi cable and saleae cable plugged in. when i unplugged the saleae it didn't work, nor did plugging in an additional ftdi cable help. weird, it seemed like the ftdi cable wasn't getting enough power to operate correctly. rechecking all the wiring and it all looked good. however, as i was "pondering" my dilemma i realized that i still had all the logic probes attached to the tx/rx lines, which run into the little saleae unit and then into the saleae usb cable. i unhooked the connector from the saleae unit and everything worked!!! so, apparently, even tho the saleae was not plugged in to the pc it must have been drawing power through the probes on the tx/rx lines to siphone off enough power to screw things up. obviously, when i plug the saleae usb cable back in it had its own power back. whew, back to being productive again i hope.

needless to say, the sci communications lines are pretty sensitive so everybody needs to keep that in mind when logging/tuning with the software and the ftdi cable. gonna go pour me a stiff one to say the least. goodnight.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

just need to post up since i'm feeling a little punch drunk after spending AT LEAST 6 hours trying to figure out why mptune/mpscan wouldn't work properly. i uninstalled/reinstalled every usb driver multiple times on the pc, reprogrammed the ftdi chip several time, etc. with no luck. the only time i could get it to work was when i had both my ftdi cable and saleae cable plugged in. when i unplugged the saleae it didn't work, nor did plugging in an additional ftdi cable help. weird, it seemed like the ftdi cable wasn't getting enough power to operate correctly. rechecking all the wiring and it all looked good. however, as i was "pondering" my dilemma i realized that i still had all the logic probes attached to the tx/rx lines, which run into the little saleae unit and then into the saleae usb cable. i unhooked the connector from the saleae unit and everything worked!!! so, apparently, even tho the saleae was not plugged in to the pc it must have been drawing power through the probes on the tx/rx lines to siphone off enough power to screw things up. obviously, when i plug the saleae usb cable back in it had its own power back. whew, back to being productive again i hope.

needless to say, the sci communications lines are pretty sensitive so everybody needs to keep that in mind when logging/tuning with the software and the ftdi cable. gonna go pour me a stiff one to say the least. goodnight.
    Sorry to say, been there, done that. I spent countless hours trying to figure out what was wrong with the FCC flash adapter. At one point, it would only work WITH the Saelae logic probes attached, but NOT hooked up to the PC. There is something odd with the draw on those probe lines when the Saelae is not running.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

I have not tried to test again. Mini got left in PA. I could see if i can connect to Slug's smec.
    Wayne H.