Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: MPScan

Quote Originally Posted by EaZyE426 View Post
    On TD, you posted "The '88 T1 is not supported yet. Some of them may also work using the 'T2' setting. But, they won't work as a 'T1'"

Could this be the issue with my brother's 88 LeBaron?
    Could be. You could try it as an 87 and see if it will connect. But, the RAM locations aren't defined for the 88, so you won't be able to log anything. Actuator tests might work.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Morris - I uploaded the updated RAM definition files to your Dropbox folder...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

thx. i'll take a look.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

hmm. i found the cal but the ram definitions show all the old ones yet......?

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    hmm. i found the cal but the ram definitions show all the old ones yet......?
    I see the ones form 6/2 in there. Only 3 of the files were updated. Were you able to get them?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

i just uploaded the mprsettings.csv and mprxref.csv files to the web. i did not see and update to the mprramdesc.csv file (unless you haven't worked on that yet).

so at a minimum mpscan users should go into mpscan and then select settings/layout files/update settings and download those 2 files so they are current.

i just uploaded the mprsettings.csv and mprxref.csv files to the web. i did not see and update to the mprramdesc.csv file (unless you haven't worked on that yet).

so at a minimum mpscan users should go into mpscan and then select settings/layout files/update settings and download those 2 files so they are current.
    I updated the mpramdesc file also. The one in DropBox is from June 2nd, same as the other 2 that were updated.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

maybe i'm not picking up what yer putting down!!

when i look at the mpramdesc file, the desc still just says "ram desc of ...."

???

maybe i'm not picking up what yer putting down!!

when i look at the mpramdesc file, the desc still just says "ram desc of ...."

???
    Oh, that. I didn't have time to do those yet. I added a couple RAM locations is all.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

If you are running Win 7 for MP Scan, there may be an issue loading the SCI-USB cable drivers. Apparently, MS now has thier own driver download for the cable, and it must be based on an older FTDI driver - because it doesn't work in VCP mode.

When you plug in a cable to a PC the first time, it will load as a 'USB Serial Device'; in device manager under the 'USB Devices'. If you open the properties, you can enable it to load the 'VCP' (Virtual COM Port) driver. You need to check this box. Then, unplug and re-plug the cable. Windows should now re-load the VCP drivers for the cable. If it doesn't load right as indicated above, you will get a yellow exclamation point in the Windows device manager.

If that happens, you will need to manually install the FDTI-sourced driver from [[http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/...ied.exe|here]]. Simply run the .exe from the download, and the FTDI cable should appear as a COM port.

Not sure if this happens in other versions of Windows. I know it happens in Win 7, and I assume 8, 8.1. Not sure about XP.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

posted a new version. the main thing is the attempt to be able to log smec t2 cals. i've got the protocol figured out pretty well. however, since it uses an endless stream of data vs a ask/receive method it's a bit tricky. so i'ld be interested to see what some smec t2 users can do now. also,

PLEASE DOWNLOAD ALL THE LAYOUT FILES. THERE HAVE BEEN CHANGES TO THEM TO SUPPORT THE T2 STUFF.

simply go to settings/layout files/update settings and check ALL 5 of the boxes and then click download.

also, i believe i have figured out how to make the injector pulsewidth gauge give fairly accurate readings. so feel free to add that to your display and let me know the results.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Cool thanks.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

i just received back some log files that were done on an LM ecu and it appears the test version with the new protocol routines works. admittedly it was only done with a key on/ no start engine but it's a huge step forward. i am a bit disappointed in the speed of the data returned but i believe it is due to 1) the lm just runs slower and 2) i need to have the ecu return at least 2 bytes for every address to help confirm valid data.

i'm just waiting on another couple users who can hopefully log the test version on running lm ecu's and report back. i'll release the new version after that. so at this point i can tentatively confirm mpscan works with the LM, SmecT1, SmecT2, Sbec1?, and Sbec2T3 ecus. the other sbecs may work but i need to find some other log files to verify it. Also, i don't recall if Rob L has tried any logging with the neon Fcc chips yet.

Morris I was about to test the second version today when j had to fix a power steering leak. Thankfully, the testing you requested forced me to start the car and let it idle for a bit which allowed me to see the fluid leak. I will test the second version tomorrow and send the files.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

ok - make sure it is the last version i sent you. should be version 2032c.

fwiw - if anybody else has a running LM with the ftdi cable hooked up i'ld be happy to send them the test version to try....

I ran the first test you sent me just to see, but it didn't record anything. I mean, it connected and when I clicked Record it activated the other buttons, but it didn't show any activity on the gauges I created.

I'll follow the instructions for the other version (c) and report back!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

the first test version was fubar'd. version 'c' has a few more options that can be set as well as putting a longer "pause" in the routines for the LM to wait for all the bytes to be returned.

looks like the LM protocol is working. just tweaking a few of the gauge settings files thanks to the help of some of you that have volunteered to be the guinea pigs. once i get one more log file i'll release an updated version of mpscan.

New version posted. After updating is complete YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD ALL SETUP FILES AGAIN UNDER SETTINGS/LAYOUT FILES/UPDATE SETTINGS AND SELECT ALL 6 FILES AND CLICK DOWNLOAD.

I broke out the rpm gauge for the lm ecu since it uses different min/max values. so if you had an RPM gauge setup for the lm you now will need to add/readd the RPMLM gauge instead.
    Last edited by wowzer; 11-11-2015 at 12:23 PM.

i also reactivated the old AFR commanded gauge option. since i think the injpw is now pretty close the afr gauge should give some better feedback. i'll be interested to see how that works.