Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: MPScan

Morris, found a problem with the MP Tune scanner setup today.

If you change the display order in the scanner setup screen, for example to sort by name or short name, and then save while sorted, the sort order is saved in the .asm. Maybe not a problem by itself, but the bit flag definitions don't move with the RAM. So when you go to load up a bit gauge in MP Scan, the bits are all wrong.

EDIT: I may have actually compiled the cal while the scanner setup window was still open. Maybe that was the cause...
    Last edited by ShelGame; 07-26-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

It was an easy fix. I just copied the entire RAM section from another copy of the .asm. I'll be sure NOT to compile a cal while the scanner setup is open...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

i'm not surprised it whacked out. i actually forgot the scanner setup thing was still functional in mptune. never use it. i'll take a look at the sorting thing though and try to keep it from messing up the asm.

when you compile it does save the asm/tpl stuff first.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

OK, here's another one - is there an easy way to copy the gauge settings once you've set them up? For example, I have a logger screen all configured, with alarms and triggers etc. Then I went and played around with the display properties and got something I like. I set the new ones as default, but how can I copy those settings to an already setup gauge?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

not very easily! i suppose i could add an option to update an existing gauge with new default display settings (e.g. text size/colors/font). the only other things you could do would be to copy the settings directly from one .mpc file to the other or delete an existing gauge and re-add it. the problem with the way i have it now is that when you save a gauge as the default style it saves EVERYTHING, including alarm settings! i need to fix that.

- - - Updated - - -

i did notice that if you change all the gauge colors to transparent except for maybe the face top or face bottom you can create a "see thru" gauge. i need to modify how the gauges are drawn to make this a bit more usable.

OK, no problem. It's not that big of a deal to re-make them.

There's transparency? I can probably make that work for me. I'll have to play around with it...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Morris, found a problem with the MP Tune scanner setup today.

If you change the display order in the scanner setup screen, for example to sort by name or short name, and then save while sorted, the sort order is saved in the .asm. Maybe not a problem by itself, but the bit flag definitions don't move with the RAM. So when you go to load up a bit gauge in MP Scan, the bits are all wrong.

EDIT: I may have actually compiled the cal while the scanner setup window was still open. Maybe that was the cause...
    fixed - it'll be right in the next release.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

ok guys, for those of us that are new to this, instead of us trying to read thru 15+ pages of text trying to find a how to get started post.. can someone make actual videos ?
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

^^^ bump
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Here is a video 1BadVan made on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBnf2fsL10I

thanks for the reply, but that video (although it can be helpful) isn't helping with MP Scan. The issue I have is MP Scan won't connect, and I don't know how to set up a dashboard ahead of time or does it have to be connected?
    I have no problem connecting with MP Tune, loading or scanning cals, clearing out a cal and upload a new one, make adjustments to a cal and reload..that I got figured out and working but it's trying to get MP scan to work so I can monitor what is going on
    and possible data log? even if I can't data log with mp scan if i could at least have a laptop screen to look at while i go for a test drive instead of trying to mess with my snap-on scanner trying to read and scroll thru that.
    Turbo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    thanks for the reply, but that video (although it can be helpful) isn't helping with MP Scan. The issue I have is MP Scan won't connect, and I don't know how to set up a dashboard ahead of time or does it have to be connected?
    I have no problem connecting with MP Tune, loading or scanning cals, clearing out a cal and upload a new one, make adjustments to a cal and reload..that I got figured out and working but it's trying to get MP scan to work so I can monitor what is going on
    and possible data log? even if I can't data log with mp scan if i could at least have a laptop screen to look at while i go for a test drive instead of trying to mess with my snap-on scanner trying to read and scroll thru that.
    MP Tune finds the cable uses it, but MP Scan doesn't? That's odd. AFAIK, they use the same USB routines for the connection. I've even run them at the same time while tuning.

What version of MP Scan?

EDIT: Or, do you mean it won't connect to the car to get data? And - yes, you can setup the dashboard before connecting. You have to, actually...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

i just posted an update. it really shouldn't affect the connection process. it does add, however, a limited diagnostic logging on the connection process. so get the new update, restart mpscan, make sure you set the com port correctly so it shows the ftdi cable connected on the status bar at the bottom, and try connecting again. if it fails, go to the directory where mpscan.exe is installed and look for a file called mpscanport.txt and post it up.

mpscan works best with the ftdi cable, however a generic usb cable should work also. i use different routines based on the cable type. i do need to enhance the diagnostic part for non ftdi cables. in mptune i do not differentiate between ftdi and generic cables. i use the same routines for both.

ok guys, for those of us that are new to this, instead of us trying to read thru 15+ pages of text trying to find a how to get started post.. can someone make actual videos ?
    look at post 94 for a video i did a long time ago on mpscan.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

what ecu are you using, i.e. an LM, SMEC, SBEC?

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    MP Tune finds the cable uses it, but MP Scan doesn't? That's odd. AFAIK, they use the same USB routines for the connection. I've even run them at the same time while tuning.

What version of MP Scan?

EDIT: Or, do you mean it won't connect to the car to get data? And - yes, you can setup the dashboard before connecting. You have to, actually...
    I'll check tomorrow on the exact version i have, i'm using a laptop running vista and have no prob with tune but scan won't connect and won't let me make a dashboard either. or maybe i'm just not doing something right.. i'll watch that vid..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

what ecu are you using, i.e. an LM, SMEC, SBEC?
    i'm running a boost button sbec for a T3 (91 style) and yes thanks i'll check that video out on post 94
    Turbo Joe

ahh ok yea i never set up a ram location so that explains why nothing worked... wow you should really have that video linked in the first post.. but none the less thank you very much !! I'll try that hopefully tomorrow and i'll pm ya if i run into any other problems
    Turbo Joe

.. wow you should really have that video linked in the first post..
    good idea - the version of mpscan for android uses a different method for the ram locations that i want to use for the windows version of mpscan. once rob L and i finalize that i can incorporate it. then i'll probably make a new vid that shows all the new features vs that posted vid that is somewhat outdated.

don't forget to post up the log file.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I bit more description or "how to" for properly setting up you ram location file and setting up all the proper gauge parameters and ranges may be helpful too.

I know that has me stuck in trying to get mine right. I've never been able to fix my logging flakiness.
    I tried one of Rob's dashboard logging configs and got the same flaking out. So maybe it is a communication thing.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

ok, i set up mpscan and everything was going great. set up the ram location and dash, even tweaked the gauge colors. then came time to try out the logger and when i loaded the dashboard, my dash i set up came up on the screen just the way i made it. Ok so cool but why do the gauges still read like 25% readings like when i first set up the dash? hmm oh well I'm thinking it'll clear up and read correctly, so I hit record and all my gauges go pegged out to 100%... hit the throttle and no changes... i'm lost again ...
    Turbo Joe

Send me your .mpc file for the dashboard and the mpscanPort.text file to mterveen @ yahoo.com and I'll take a look.