Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPScan

the wide band stuff is not setup. at one time i was looking at adding the wideband logging protocols for some of the popular systems, (tech, lc1, etc). then it looked like the best option may be to run it thru the charge temp sensor wiring if available. anyhow, never finished it. also, i tried to get the "calculated" afr to work based on the cal settings but that never panned out either so the "afr" gauge really is bogus at this point also.

oh ya, the "ram" file needs to be setup correctly for the gauges. however, its usually just a 1 time deal so that's good. that is where the min max display stuff will be at.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

^^

To add to this, T/SMEC now has an option to input a WB signal to the SMEC using the O2 input. It will then internally convert the WB signal to a NB signal for use in the feedback control. But, more importantly, will allow you to log the actual AFR using MP Scan.

As soon as I get my car running on the SBEC, I'll be adding/releasing that code for the SBEC.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I'm still getting the same error message. The only Com option it gives me is Com6.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

rob - i don't know what else to suggest. i assume your logging a smec. make sure that the com port settings show that option. the only thing i can suggest at this time is to try uninstalling mpscan and reinstalling. the fact that mptune works is troubling tho. it basically uses the same logic regarding identifying and setting up ports.

i need to try to determine if others are having problems. i can't seem to reproduce the issue. i'll look at making you a modified version that can provide more info about what may be going on.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I will double check that I have things plugged up right. I know it is right at the diag plug because I haven't removed it from there since the last time I successfully logged. I was assuming since I saw red and gran lights on the FTDI board that it is plugged into the wires right, but need to double check. I am logging a SMEC, I have it set to the SMEC T1 option.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Mitsu booster

I get the same unable open/setup port error. Using a 232rl cable and followed the usb device data log guide for setup/vcp settings. InvertTXD and InvertRXD have check marks when I go back in. Setup on another computer and get same error. Stock 87 tII lm car with spade terminals at underhood connector. What am I missing here? Edit: Installed winlog with the plugin for the lm, it connects and reads engine temp but the rest of the data is wrong with the ready made dashboard. So it would appear the device is capable of communicating with the car. Also noticed when I try to start a log in mpscan with the engine running the idle goes up before I get the error.
    Last edited by Jtown; 07-07-2013 at 03:08 PM.

jtown / force fed - if you pm an email address i'll send you a test version that will log some of the open port data that i could have you send me to see if i can determine what is happening.

lmk.

- - - Updated - - -

jtown - sent you a test version. make sure you go into the com port settings and select your ecu type and save it. i noticed on the other version that if an ecu had not been initially saved it may use a bogus one.

boostaholic

I haven't had a chance to play with it in a while as I've had the wiring harness out of the car and been working on other projects. Now that the harness is back in and it is running nicely, I'll see if I can get some time to hook it back up and see what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    force fed / iangoround - are you still having issues?

i tried it this morning on my smecstim using both a win7 and win xp machine and it seemed to work ok. the main thing is to 1) have the ftdi cable plugged in before starting mpscan, 2) make sure the vcp option in the driver is set 3) confirm which com port the ftdi cable is really on and 4) make sure you select that com port in the com port settings screen.

i have some logic in mptune that keeps track of plugging/unplugging a usb cable. i'll look at adding that to mpscan. i did plug in my burn2 which also uses the ftdi cable and it can cause confusion if you do not select the correct com port in the settings screen. since we do not force users to create a unique id for their ftdi cable i cannot automatically differentiate which ftdi cable is the one to use for mpscan. that is why you need to make sure you select the right com port. the lc1, hptuners, burn2 etc use device specific names that their software can identify.

lmk.

Garrett booster

My FTDI cable came in yesterday, but half the damn city of Akron was under a foot of water. If we manage to get a few hours without rain I will try to get my first logging done tonight.

Garrett booster

I followed the guide for configuring the FTDI cable (inverted Tx/Rx lines, etc.). MPScan recognizes my cable successfully upon launch (COM6). The ECU type is set to LM. I created a .lst file using MPTune and my current calibration. When I set up a single gauge as a test, and hit the logging button, I get an error "unable to open port, try turning key on/off". Also, when attempting any of the ECU tests, I can connect to ECU. When I hit Start Test, I get 2 HEX numbers returned, then I get an unhandled xeception (array index out of bounds on the button_click event). I can post screenshots tomorrow.

I did try reversing the Tx/Rx lines going to the diagnostic connector, and none of the tests were able to communicate, so I believe I have everything hooked up properly. I also have the serial end of the cable grounded.

I'll try to look at this closer over the next couple days. Must be something wrong since a few of you are having the same issue. Don't know if its related to the LM specifically or not.

The ecu testing is unfinished. Plus the work I did with this was only for a smec. Don't use it.

Morris - I'll be testing this on my Dayonta (SBEC) tomorrow. I still need to setup the logger for my SBEC...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Thanks Rob. Let me know. If it doesn't work it might help putting your logic scanner on it to see what I am not sending correctly.

Logged my SBEC just fine today. But, the first 2 logs won't load now for playback. I get an unhandled exception. Ill email the files to you later. The 3rd log seems OK. I was also able to export the 2nd log as a CSV.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

ok - i also have a test version i will send you that logs some of the initial connection activities. hoping it will help me find the problem for the other guys.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    ok - i also have a test version i will send you that logs some of the initial connection activities. hoping it will help me find the problem for the other guys.
    I can assist with debugging if you need any help with an LM car.

Quote Originally Posted by MoparStephen View Post
    I can assist with debugging if you need any help with an LM car.
    pm me an email addy so i can send a test version to you with directions.

Garrett booster

For anyone having trouble with MPScan and the LM vehicles. I believe the problem is with a bug (or my misuse more likely) with MPTune and the LM13 codebase. The LM is being put into hi-speed logging mode somehow. So setting the port to custom in MPScan makes it use the 9600 baud setting. I am using T_LM_22_MTX_A171 and I noticed something in the tpl file.

I am using the LM v13 codebase - I do not see the option via MPTune in the Cal Config. The value for CONFIG is $41, which MPTune shows as Anti-Lag Retard, and Flash CE on Knock only. But looking at the comments in the .tpl file, I see:
    opt_ShiftLight = $%10000000 ; Shift light enabled
    opt_AntiLag = $%01000000 ; Use the Anti-Lag retard routine
    opt_HiSpdLog = $%00100000 ; Use the hi-speed logger interrupt routine
    opt_FlashCE = $%00010000 ; Flash the CE light when knock is indicated
    opt_StagePol = $%00001000 ; Staging Limiter switch polarity
    opt_StageLim = $%00000100 ; Staging limiter (2-step) enable
    opt_SwBstPol = $%00000010 ; Switchable boost switch polarity
    opt_SwBoost = $%00000001 ; Switchable boost enable

Now - in the .asm file, it is attempting to read the register "CONFIG_ConfigurationFlags" which MPTune is using the following bit-mask for:
    .byte 0x41 ;Point 1
    cfg_ATX = $%10000000 ; Auto trans (if set)
    cfg_FlashCE = $%01000000 ; Flash the check engine light on knock
    cfg_BankEnrich = $%00100000 ; use selective bank enrichment
    cfg_ShiftLight = $%00010000 ; Shift Light enabled (also uses Purge/EGR solenoids, cannot both be enabled)
    cfg_SwBoost = $%00001000 ; Switchable boost
    cfg_BstSwPol = $%00000100 ; Switchable boost polarity toggle
    cfg_StageLim = $%00000010 ; Staging Limiter enable
    cfg_AntiLag = $%00000001 ; Anti-Lag Retard

So - I believe this incorrect CONFIG value is forcing the LM into hi-speed logging mode. I was able to log data, but my RPM reading all came back as zeros. I do not know if this is because the LM is not returning data correctly, or I do not have MPScan configured properly.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MoparStephen View Post
    For anyone having trouble with MPScan and the LM vehicles. I believe the problem is with a bug (or my misuse more likely) with MPTune and the LM13 codebase. The LM is being put into hi-speed logging mode somehow. So setting the port to custom in MPScan makes it use the 9600 baud setting. I am using T_LM_22_MTX_A171 and I noticed something in the tpl file.

I am using the LM v13 codebase - I do not see the option via MPTune in the Cal Config. The value for CONFIG is $41, which MPTune shows as Anti-Lag Retard, and Flash CE on Knock only. But looking at the comments in the .tpl file, I see:
    opt_ShiftLight = $%10000000 ; Shift light enabled
    opt_AntiLag = $%01000000 ; Use the Anti-Lag retard routine
    opt_HiSpdLog = $%00100000 ; Use the hi-speed logger interrupt routine
    opt_FlashCE = $%00010000 ; Flash the CE light when knock is indicated
    opt_StagePol = $%00001000 ; Staging Limiter switch polarity
    opt_StageLim = $%00000100 ; Staging limiter (2-step) enable
    opt_SwBstPol = $%00000010 ; Switchable boost switch polarity
    opt_SwBoost = $%00000001 ; Switchable boost enable

Now - in the .asm file, it is attempting to read the register "CONFIG_ConfigurationFlags" which MPTune is using the following bit-mask for:
    .byte 0x41 ;Point 1
    cfg_ATX = $%10000000 ; Auto trans (if set)
    cfg_FlashCE = $%01000000 ; Flash the check engine light on knock
    cfg_BankEnrich = $%00100000 ; use selective bank enrichment
    cfg_ShiftLight = $%00010000 ; Shift Light enabled (also uses Purge/EGR solenoids, cannot both be enabled)
    cfg_SwBoost = $%00001000 ; Switchable boost
    cfg_BstSwPol = $%00000100 ; Switchable boost polarity toggle
    cfg_StageLim = $%00000010 ; Staging Limiter enable
    cfg_AntiLag = $%00000001 ; Anti-Lag Retard

So - I believe this incorrect CONFIG value is forcing the LM into hi-speed logging mode. I was able to log data, but my RPM reading all came back as zeros. I do not know if this is because the LM is not returning data correctly, or I do not have MPScan configured properly.

I hope this helps.
    The flag labels may be wrong (I'll look tomorrow maybe), but the LM doesn't have the "hi speed" logging routine. That was only ever available for the SMEC, and I took it out a while back.

If you selected 'custom' in MP Scan, then that's the problem. That uses 9600 baud; but the LM can't use that baud. It uses 976 and then 7812.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki