Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPScan

it played back with or without issues?
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Garrett booster

Played back with no issues. I've made a few logs today and it's pretty cool. Somehow I lost my original dashboard. I somehow deleted it but besides that I'm figuring this out.

turbo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    Attachment 42583Attachment 42584

here are the settings on my ftdi cable
    What program is this? And where can I get it?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    What program is this? And where can I get it?
    Program is called, FTprog. http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm#FT_Prog

Hybrid booster

I tried configuring the map value gauge to show vacuum per the instructions, and it still does not display the gauge correctly. Are there additional configuration changes needed? Also, is there a way to trim the highs and lows out of the gauges? For example, bringing the rpm gauge down to 7000 from the default 8000. Or the o2 sensor voltage gauge to 0-1v?

1- to set the gauge display highs/lows you need to modify the ram location grid before you add the gauges. there are a couple columns that say what the upper and lower display values should be.

2- i believe to get the map gauge to show vac you need to edit the gauge after you have selected the ecu location for the gauge (i.e. the map value location). at a min you need to change the lower breakpoint value to 0 and set the lower break point multiplier to approx 2.03625437. also i think you can change the lower break point units name(?). look at post 116 for an example.
    Last edited by wowzer; 06-20-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Tried using MPScan again tonight and I keep getting "Unable to open port"? Say to try turning the key off and on again, but that doesn't help. Green and red led's are lit on my FTDI board.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Tried using MPScan again tonight and I keep getting "Unable to open port"? Say to try turning the key off and on again, but that doesn't help. Green and red led's are lit on my FTDI board.
    I ran into this when I first set mpscan up. Turned out there is an interface setting in the program, and for my 89 2.5t1, I had to set it to smec t1, not t2. Maybe it is that?

rob - what does the task bar say on the bottom when you start the program, ie. does it show a port? when you plug/unplug the ftdi cable does it clunk or show that it is connected? is the vcp option turned on in the ftdi driver setup options?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krut View Post
    I ran into this when I first set mpscan up. Turned out there is an interface setting in the program, and for my 89 2.5t1, I had to set it to smec t1, not t2. Maybe it is that?
    It is set to T1 and COM5.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    rob - what does the task bar say on the bottom when you start the program, ie. does it show a port? when you plug/unplug the ftdi cable does it clunk or show that it is connected? is the vcp option turned on in the ftdi driver setup options?
    It shows being connected. I'll hook it up in a bit and take a screenshot or two.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Hybrid booster

Wowzer,
    I just peaked into the ram locations setting and was able to play with some mins and maxes. However, when changing the settings on the ram location for MapValue per post 116, it still does not display InHG. I have everything set up per the screenshot. Any idea? Thanks

hmm. can you post a shot of the settings for your map gauge, in particular the ones under gauge display. the "ram" locations file is basically the template that is used when creating the display layout. once you create the layout all the info is stored in the layout file, and it doesn't reference the ram locations file anymore. so changing info in the ram locations file will not update the display layout file UNLESS you delete the gauge and re-add it.

also, if you want you can post your .mpc file and i'll take a look at it.

Hybrid booster

Here is a screenshot of the settings. http://krutbox.net/~kurt/MapSettings.png
    Thanks for looking.

it appears your map gauge only runs from 0psi to 30psi. i think you need to change the ram location settings from ecu min/max of 0 and 30 respectively to -14.7 and 14.7 respectively. also change the display min/max to -15/15. save the updated ram locations data, go back into the display layout, delete the map value gauge and then readd it. hopefully it will then show -15 psi to 15 psi. then your settings should work

boostaholic

Can MPScan read from an Innovate wideband simultaneously with the ecu via two com ports?

I haven't messed around with my car for several months, and I don't recall if that was ever an option when I was doing it.

Hybrid booster

I do have the ecumin / max set to -14.7/15, and the min/max display at -15/15, which is why I'm confused...

** Edit** Nevermind. Even though I even tried a new template, when the mapvalue was set as default so I didn't have to search for it, it wouldn't refresh until picking another gauge, and going back to it.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008AV...pi=SL500_SY115

Has anyone tried something like this to connect to our ecu's via Bluetooth? The price is a lot better than some of the Bluetooth to rs232 adapters out there.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008AV...pi=SL500_SY115

Has anyone tried something like this to connect to our ecu's via Bluetooth? The price is a lot better than some of the Bluetooth to rs232 adapters out there.
    Wow, that's pretty cheap. Need more documentation to know if it will work. Not all BT-UART adapters support the odd baud rates that out ECU's use...

I think Morris has tried the RN-41/42 BT adapters. They DO support the odd baud rates. I have one of those as well, but not yet done anything with it...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

as rob mentioned, the vast majority of the bluetooth connectors don't support our unique baud rates used by the ecu. also, they need to be able to support changing baud rates on the fly versus just running a baud rate based on a dip switch setting. the roving networks stuff did work quite well once i figured it out after MANY calls to them. once rob and I get the android program working well it will be a fairly easy thing to support the bluetooth side of things, especially since i've already had it working once and secondly because the software we are using has been updated significantly over the last year or so.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Hmm the roving one isn't terrible price wise. Once the droid stuff is working ill probably buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast