Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPScan

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    I was going to try it at the track this weekend, but I had forgot to re-install the FTDI drivers after re-installing Win7 on my netbook (again). So, I couldn't try it. I have some more launch control testing to do this week, I'll use it then...

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Here's a question - because I haven't actually tried it yet - if you have it set to auto trigger on @1500RPM; and off @1500RPM for example; what happens if the RPM goes over 1500 for a second time? Does it overwrite the first recording?

it keeps appending the new samples to the end. so, one log file could have multiple trigger sessions, e.g. during the burn out, staging/run, return road, etc. you will need to press stop to complete the log session and then save the log.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    it keeps appending the new samples to the end. so, one log file could have multiple trigger sessions, e.g. during the burn out, staging/run, return road, etc. you will need to press stop to complete the log session and then save the log.
    OK, that sounds good. I was just hoping it wouldn't overwrite the original samples if the trigger was hit again...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

That is actually very nice in my mind, if you think something's wrong, hit the "trigger", and you can easily find the event, because you've marked it with the "trigger"!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Garrett booster

I am having some difficulties getting MPScan to work. I have already setup everything and installed the drivers for the FTDI cable but i keep getting the error, "Unable to open/setup port. Try turning key off and then back on."

Quote Originally Posted by splat_master86 View Post
    I am having some difficulties getting MPScan to work. I have already setup everything and installed the drivers for the FTDI cable but i keep getting the error, "Unable to open/setup port. Try turning key off and then back on."
    Does the FTDI cable show up as a port in Windows?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

Yes. i already setup the chip according to this forum.

so when you go into device manager and look at the com ports the ftdi port shows up? have you tried rebooting your computer? make sure in the ftdi com port settings in the device manager has the "vcm" option checked also. if the ftdi com port is not auto detected when you start mptune/mpscan something is wrong in windows. which version of windows? when you unplug/plug in the ftdi cable does it make the "clunk" sound?

Garrett booster

Yea windows def sees the usb cable and recognizes it. win7 by the way. both programs recognize whether the cable is plugged in or not. i will check the vcm thing and try again.

here is what you should be looking for:

Attachment 0Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdi.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	42433

when mpscan/mptune starts you should see the com port and baud rates on the bottom.

Garrett booster

Hey I have the same settings for USB serial converter. I see the com port and baud rates on mpscan/mptune. I have always seen those. i have tried reading the smec chip but i dont know if the car goes into boot mode cause the previous owner took out stock fuel wiring so i cant hear if it primes or not.

Garrett booster

So i tried the cable with 2 other laptops running win7 and i still get the same error. could the cable be bad?

So i tried the cable with 2 other laptops running win7 and i still get the same error. could the cable be bad?
    It could be. But, I've never had a problem with them not working when they register in windows as a port. You can send it back and ill replace if you want.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

Well let me make sure it is not something I setup wrong. The ecu baud is 62500 and the boot baud is 7812. I have the high current and the invert txd and rxd checked. I looked though the rest of the settings and on IO controls they all say SLEEP#, should they say that?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdi1.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	42583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdi2.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	42584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdi3.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	42585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdi4.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	42586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftdi5.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	42587

here are the settings on my ftdi cable

turbo addict

Just got the FTDI cable and hooked it up, works great. I even caught some info that I was missing and it helped my diagnose my leaning out.

I am unsure if anyone else has asked for this or if you are even able, how hard would it be to add techedge wideband datalogging? Trying to see the wideband and the screen at the same time as watching the road is pretty hard.

Here is techedge's website where they explain their serial workings, hopefully it will help.

http://wbo2.com/sw/logger.htm

I
    f I were on LM I could use Winlog as I have a full license for it and it is the native datalogger for TE, But I am on Smec and winlog is pretty old.

Thanks for all the development and support you provide for all this stuff, Modernization of these 80's ECU's is really nice. Now I get to explain to everyone that no it doesn't flash "danger to manifold"
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Garrett booster

Yea used these settings as well and still gets same error message

Hybrid booster

I received my generic cable, today. Hooked it up & everything is working great!

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Yea windows def sees the usb cable and recognizes it. win7 by the way. both programs recognize whether the cable is plugged in or not. i will check the vcm thing and try again.
    My cable does not do that. Once it is disconnected it disappears from my device manager, until I reconnect it.

Garrett booster

I'm hoping this is a quick easy fix, but I'm having a problem when I open up MPscan it doesn't see any ports. I've installed the drivers that were suggested on a previous post, but when I open mp scan it doesn't see anything. I know it's on my laptop, because the desktop see's active ports. Any tips are appreciated I'm about ready to pull my hair out, I hate computer b.s.

Joe

make sure that you have checked the 'load vcp' in the driver setup. I'm not close to a computer until Sunday night so I can't be much help until then. look back through the last few pages of posts at some of the screen shots and make sure you have your cable set up correctly. if it doesn't find the cable when the program starts you have a config problem.

Garrett booster

Darn it, that was it. The "load vcp" wasn't checked. Whats annoying is that I read right though that section and even looked at the pictures before I posted the question, but it just wasn't clicking with me. I'm thinking it was the fustration. It's all working now, ran a quick log just checking tps volts, and it recorded, saved, and played back with issues.

Thanks

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast