Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: MPScan

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPScan

Is there a list somewhere of what all the memory locations are? Looks like you can monitor 40-50 different points, but what do the names mean? For example, I was looking at temps, and there are like 9 different ones. Is Temp0 the correct one? Just for giggles, I put Temp0 & temp1 on my dashboard, they were not in sync. Some are easy to figure out, some I have no clue what I would be monitoring if I added them...

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

the only "easy" way to see the memory locations that are valid is to go to settings/layout files/xref file, click on the header for the ecu you are interested in, and then look at all the items that have a ram location >= 0. all the long/short names are what rob L uses in the turbonator cals. a number of them are just temporary storage areas used by the program and may have no real meaning other than for a value used in some calculation that is then replaced and used in an unrelated calc. if you are really adventurous you can open up the .lst file that is created when you compile and look at where the code uses those variable names.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    the only "easy" way to see the memory locations that are valid is to go to settings/layout files/xref file, click on the header for the ecu you are interested in, and then look at all the items that have a ram location >= 0. all the long/short names are what rob L uses in the turbonator cals. a number of them are just temporary storage areas used by the program and may have no real meaning other than for a value used in some calculation that is then replaced and used in an unrelated calc. if you are really adventurous you can open up the .lst file that is created when you compile and look at where the code uses those variable names.

Thanks.

I am certainly not that adventurous, at least not yet. Still very, very green at this whole tuning thing. So far I'm just happy my laptop is talking to the ECU via MPScan.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 83scamp View Post
    Is there a list somewhere of what all the memory locations are? Looks like you can monitor 40-50 different points, but what do the names mean? For example, I was looking at temps, and there are like 9 different ones. Is Temp0 the correct one? Just for giggles, I put Temp0 & temp1 on my dashboard, they were not in sync. Some are easy to figure out, some I have no clue what I would be monitoring if I added them...
    TempX = Temporary, not Temperature. They are RAM locations used only within a single routine (usually) and have a different meaning in a different routine. Logging them would seem pretty useless.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    TempX = Temporary, not Temperature. They are RAM locations used only within a single routine (usually) and have a different meaning in a different routine. Logging them would seem pretty useless.
    Well, that makes sense. Guess I need to find the actual CTS location. Any suggestions???

Hybrid booster

Look for "COOL" in the list

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Turbonator Flags question.
    In the bit descriptions list on the Turbonator Flags gauge, bit2 hasn't had a description other than bit2. The other bit descriptions are all identified.
    Is bit2 Overboost?
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

wayne, here are the descriptions from the code:

bit 7 - sparkcut ; Turbonator - Spark-based rev limiter
    bit 6 - staging ; Turbonator - staging limiter is active
    bit 5 - fueloff ;Turbonator - Fuel-based rev limiter
    bit 4 - OverRev ; over rev - replaced the original flag for simplicity
    bit 3 - AntiLag ; AntiLag is active
    bit 2 - MainFuelOf; Main rev limiter fuel cut
    bit 1 - AllowSpark ; Allow spark for only this cycle
    bit 0 - DecelFuelCut ; use decel fuel cut

Thanks Morris. I was seeing occasionally the bit2 on my turbonator_flags, and suspected it could be overboost cutout, but then sometimes i knew i wasn't near overboost but might be a rev limit and saw bit2.
    This helps explain this. But also should we see both bit2 and bit5 active on rev limit? Or just bit5?
    And then i should see bit2 active during overboost since the smec cuts fuel?
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Got a question that i have wondered alot about, but never really bothered to ask.
    I guess this goes across all the MPSuite line of logging: MPScan, MPScanDroid, and MPSciLink...
    When logging Advance, (Adv) is this total calculated advance? Or is this calculated advance, but for total advance you ADD the base timing??

I've seen this number be single digits at +25psi, and always wondered if i was supposed to be adding 12 deg (the base timing in turbonator ) to this for a total timing advance number.
    For reference i am logging SMEC T1.

Thanks.
    Wayne H.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Got a question that i have wondered alot about, but never really bothered to ask.
    I guess this goes across all the MPSuite line of logging: MPScan, MPScanDroid, and MPSciLink...
    When logging Advance, (Adv) is this total calculated advance? Or is this calculated advance, but for total advance you ADD the base timing??

I've seen this number be single digits at +25psi, and always wondered if i was supposed to be adding 12 deg (the base timing in turbonator ) to this for a total timing advance number.
    For reference i am logging SMEC T1.

Thanks.
    This is in my tuning wiki. This page (http://www.boostbutton.com/turbonato...oku.php?id=faq) near the bottom:

Ignition Timing
    Q - So I am clear on this.... The timing shown in the cal, and on a Scan Tool, will be the total timing. This number assumes the base timing of 12* (or whatever is called for on the emissions label) is there. So the number shown in a cal is not necessarily the number used in a calculation, correct?

Answered:

There is no such thing as ‘base timing’. The 12* is just the fixed timing used to set the sync between the distributor and the crank. The reason they chose 12* is simply because an engine generally will not run well @ 0* advance. The 12* is not a 'base' timing at all. It's simply a reference point. It never gets 'added' to anything. All the timing figures in the cal are relative to TDC (0*).

If the sync is in fact wrong (ie, you set the sync at 14* instead of 12*), then the actual timing will be off by the same amount (2* in this example). But, the ECU will not know about that difference and will not be able to report it to a scan tool.
    Or, in this case, MP Scan...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    This is in my tuning wiki. This page (http://www.boostbutton.com/turbonato...oku.php?id=faq) near the bottom:

Or, in this case, MP Scan...
    Thanks Rob! I appreciate your insight!
    What's odd is I have read that in the past, so that's why i was taking my log reading of Adv to be total advance. But, when i showed or discussed my timing with much more knowledgeable folks, they thought if that number was correct my timing was severely retarded.

So the DefaultSparkAdvance is added to that already? I meant to use that term, not the incorrect "base timing". Or that default is used during diagnostics or faults?
    My timing reference set at the distributor is 12deg.
    But my Adv in my logs is single digits at 25psi. Doesn't quite make sense going 113mph in the 1/4, in a van, with only 8 deg of advance, does it?
    Wayne H.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Thanks Rob! I appreciate your insight!
    What's odd is I have read that in the past, so that's why i was taking my log reading of Adv to be total advance. But, when i showed or discussed my timing with much more knowledgeable folks, they thought if that number was correct my timing was severely retarded.

So the DefaultSparkAdvance is added to that already? I meant to use that term, not the incorrect "base timing". Or that default is used during diagnostics or faults?
    My timing reference set at the distributor is 12deg.
    But my Adv in my logs is single digits at 25psi. Doesn't quite make sense going 113mph in the 1/4, in a van, with only 8 deg of advance, does it?
    I was running 1* total in my Lebaron in many areas above 16psi and below 4k rpm. It ran just fine, pulled 80mph in the 8th.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Hybrid booster

😃 following 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boostaholic

I'm not sure if this is an MPScan question or a Turbonator question.

I just got my car running on a SMEC and I've loaded in a fairly blank slate turbonator SMEC v19 tune set up for my combo. MPScan connects just fine and seems to be reading all the gauges correctly EXCEPT anything having to do with the O2 of AFRwb.

I'm sending the SMEC my wideband output where 0v=7.35 and 5v=22.39, verified the wiring and wideband output back to the 60 way connector, and the car seems to idle around stoich. BUT, in MPScan the O2V gauge is just stuck at 0.45 and the AFRwb is 8.something no matter what. What gives?

Are you using an Innovate WB?
    Wayne H.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Probably has something to do with this error when you load a T-Smec cal:

Warning->subtype must be 1 to indicate a map table for scaling: WidebandAFRToO2TransferFunction
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

boostaholic

Hm. Let me change that and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Probably has something to do with this error when you load a T-Smec cal:
    that shouldn't matter. only used to determine scaling for map. to fix it edit the .tpl file, search for "AFR2NB_WidebandAFRToO2TransferFunction" table and delete the line that says ";mpmapaxis y". save it and then reopen.

it you want to post up your mpscan .mpc file i'll take a look at your settings.

boostaholic

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y2...b1ajjREPc2hGme

I'll head out in a minute and see what the change you suggested does.