Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: MPScan

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I need to get mine working. Rob sent me a link to install the FTDI cable management tool (assuming that's what it is). Going to reverse the Tx/Rx and see if that allows it to pick up the info from the LM. I've had some issues with mine not posting codes, so wondering if the ground on the LM is not good or correctly wired. It's never posted codes since I've owned the car.

Anyone know the logic behind the codes posting? Like what is required within the computer for it to post? the CEL works, even have it configured for knock.
    Haven't we had a couple of LMs in there over the years? I've always found this problem to be interesting because I can't see why it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Haven't we had a couple of LMs in there over the years? I've always found this problem to be interesting because I can't see why it doesn't work.
    Yes, multiple LMs. I'm wondering if there is some bad wiring in the car, maybe the ignition is bad or something. I noticed the other day and remember it has happened before, when I turn the ignition forward sometimes the pump doesn't prime. I have to turn the key off and back on and then it will.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Yes, multiple LMs. I'm wondering if there is some bad wiring in the car, maybe the ignition is bad or something. I noticed the other day and remember it has happened before, when I turn the ignition forward sometimes the pump doesn't prime. I have to turn the key off and back on and then it will.
    There are a lot of wires going to a lot of places in that area. It would be interesting to take a detailed look at the wiring diagram to see where the LM gets the feed from the switch (or it's probably just when it sees power) and how the wire from the LM travels to the CEL.

I have the 85 manuals, I'll check it out. I know the power loss light works and the CEL on knock works. If I remember correctly, the CEL light is wired from the LM directly to the light, so I'm wondering if the common ground doesn't work or something. I tried wiring the FTDI cable to the LM and used the common ground for the ground wire and it's not working. Rob mentioned swapping the Tx/Rx via the FTDI tool, so going to try that first, may ohm out the common grounds based on the wiring diagrams.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

posted new video of mpscan - basically going to do it in multiple videos. this is number 1 covering just the basic setup process. hopefully others will follow soon that go into more detail on the advanced features.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

location of video?

link is in mpscan sticky - post #1.

turbo addict

found it on TD. You have a little Steven Hawking in your voice or maybe that's just the way the mic makes it sound. Good video.

on my first day in college along time ago i was introduced to a girl that i thought was really hot. the first thing she said to me was - "you have a dumb voice!" i didn't talk again till me junior year..................

boostaholic

I know they say dont look a gift horse in the mouth but any chance you can tweak the volume level? With my volume jacked all the way up and the youtube volume jacked up I can barely hear the video....what?!? Huh?!?

turbo addict

sound like an issue on your end somehow going4speed. I heard it just fine and my volume is barely on.

Wowzer, I thought your voice was cool. Very easy to understand. B1tches be crazy, we got your back

boostaholic

stupid macbook...let me try again

the sound was low on mine also. i'll turn up the "boost". that fixes everything.

posted another video - see post #1. apparently don't know how to set the mic level correctly yet. still too quiet. also, it sounds like i have the mic up my nose. sorry.

boostaholic

Second video sounds fine, the advance gauge one.

Sounds much better if I have a mic up my nose.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Hello, I am a bit confused about the "Show Error Codes" dialogue box. Somehow, I think code 21 ended up mislabeled as code 18. Even the "FaultCodes.rtf" file (AKA "Open Help" button) states that there's a code 21 and not an 18. Even "MprBitSettings.csv" has this code listed as 21.

I'm not sure if someone else has pointed this out so I apologize if I'm repeating something that has already been discussed. I didn't search through all 17 pages in this tread to find it, though I probably should.....

boostaholic

Calling Wowzer...
    I have a 3 bar tune in my car scaled from the original 2 bar, t3 tune. How do I adjust the multiplier on the MAP gauge to make the pressure numbers accurate for my 3 bar?
    Also, when my car is on but not running, the MAP sensor still reads 10 inHg, does this sound right?

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Calling Wowzer...
    I have a 3 bar tune in my car scaled from the original 2 bar, t3 tune. How do I adjust the multiplier on the MAP gauge to make the pressure numbers accurate for my 3 bar?
    Also, when my car is on but not running, the MAP sensor still reads 10 inHg, does this sound right?
    If the gauge is not also setup for 3-bar, those are the values you would get.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Calling Wowzer...
    In MPScan -
    1) go into settings / layout files / gauge settings
    2) scroll down to mapvalue (may want to sort by short names by clicking on column header)
    3) change display max to 30
    4) change ecu max to 29.4
    5) click save
    6) delete old map gauge from dashboard and readd new map gauge.

as far as the 10 inHG, report back once you change the gauge as above. i'm not quite sure what the map sensor should read when not running, probably an approximation of regular barometric pressure.

in the next version of mpscan i'll update the gauge settings to include a 3bar map gauge so the user can easily pick between the two vs modifying the existing one.

boostaholic

Wowzer,
    I did just what you said and went out and tested it on the car on break. The MAP reads the same as my mechanical gauge now. With the car on and not running, the map read 1 in Hg. I then found a table and matched the voltage output of my sensor to reading on the gauge in the car and on MPScan. Everything looks great now. Thanks for your help!

One more thing, when I am looking at the ADV gauge, what is that telling me? I always get negative values, I assume the car is always retarding the ignition, but I am not sure. How do I read this gauge. I have everything else deciphered at this point besides that gauge. Thanks