Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: MPScan

Hey man i sent you 2 mpc dash files for the 2 different times i tried it with different set ups. I can't find the scanport file though.. hopefully it helps anyway.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

the mpscanport.txt log file should be in c:\program files(x86)\mp suite\mpscan.

that file will help with any communication issues i hope. i'll take a look at the dash board files. thanks.

**edit**
    what cal specifically are you using? rob's t-t3_22_tt_t3_mtx_a393.tpl?
    Last edited by wowzer; 10-21-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    the mpscanport.txt log file should be in c:\program files(x86)\mp suite\mpscan.

that file will help with any communication issues i hope. i'll take a look at the dash board files. thanks.

**edit**
    what cal specifically are you using? rob's t-t3_22_tt_t3_mtx_a393.tpl?
    i'm using the turbonator t3 cal for sbec1 scaled for 72pph injectors @ 3bar and that log file isn't there
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    i'm using the turbonator t3 cal for sbec1 scaled for 72pph injectors @ 3bar and that log file isn't there
    Did you set it up all yourself, or start with my 3bar +40 cal?
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    what version of mpscan is running? that log file should be created if its version 2.0.1.6 as soon as you hit record. that file would really help trying to figure out what is happening.
    Last edited by wowzer; 10-22-2013 at 10:50 AM.

MPScan

Ok i just re- read some prior posts and found i never updated first so I'll have to try again tonite so it will create a log file. I guess thats why i don't have a log file. BTW shel-game i'm using the 3bar +40's cal but re-scaled it to 72's
    Turbo Joe

ok I updated MPScan last nite and today i tried it again so i can have a scanlog to send and it worked perfectly.. maybe my version was to old? i don't have the log since i left the laptop in the car cause it works now..but if you would like one anyway lemme know
    Turbo Joe

woohoo - that's great news. i do still want to see the mpscanport.txt file plus the log would be great also.

bump for file update from turbojoe

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Would that mpscanport.txt file help troubleshoot mid-log connection issues?
    I'll try to update my mpscan and get a new log in the next couple days if so.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

wheming - no, it only tracks initial connection stuff. let me see if i can come up with a good way to track "problems" that occur during a log session. currently if the program times out getting a byte back from the ecu it will try that same byte 2 more times before stopping the logging process. i'll look at a way to determine if things are getting out of sync also and maybe just throw that whole sample out.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Thanks. Any assistance or advice is appreciated.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I just installed the newest version also, will try it out when I can.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

I have this program installed on an older laptop we have, so it's almost never connected to the internet.. but all i did was update the program thru the update feature in the program while i connected it to the internet.
    And yes I will send you some logs soon.. I've just been very busy and been feeling sick...I've been working way to many hours lately and it's catching up with me hard, but the side work pays for the toys.
    Turbo Joe

Thanks guys. I'm interested in the logs since I changed the way it goes into high speed mode awhile back and need to see how its working. My goal is to get some logs from each type of ecu.

still interested in getting any LM and any SBEC mpscanport.txt files to review.

posted a new version that has been changed quite a bit to be compatible with the android version. this version has the ram locations as part of the program so no more having to import a .lst file. also uses vehicle profiles that can reuse gauge layouts. we'll see how many bugs i introduced/reintroduced in this change over!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Just not having to construct list files is worth almost any new bungs, especially since we know they'll be stomped out eventually!

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Just not having to construct list files is worth almost any new bungs, especially since we know they'll be stomped out eventually!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

boostaholic

What am I doing wrong here? I know the video in the beginning is for an older version. There is no way to set the ram locations anymore. I go thru and make a new layout based off of the default. I save that new layout, but when I go to open the newly created profile, nothing happens. I can not open the profile and I am stuck at that point.. No logging. I did try the actustor tests and everything works there so I know the computer is talking to the ECU, but that is all I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Update:
    I did some more digging a realized I did not set up a profile yet. Just made a new profile and everything is happy and functioning now!
    Last edited by DoubleD; 04-15-2014 at 05:47 PM.

I need to get mine working. Rob sent me a link to install the FTDI cable management tool (assuming that's what it is). Going to reverse the Tx/Rx and see if that allows it to pick up the info from the LM. I've had some issues with mine not posting codes, so wondering if the ground on the LM is not good or correctly wired. It's never posted codes since I've owned the car.

Anyone know the logic behind the codes posting? Like what is required within the computer for it to post? the CEL works, even have it configured for knock.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]