Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: MPScan

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

Re: MPScan

2nd question
    when I log a session , I hit stop then Save As (or save) it tries to automatically save it which the same name as the last
    which will overwrite the last file . is there an easy way to get it to sequentially label the files to save multiple logs in the same drive session
    without having to rename it each time? Windows 7 HP Elite Book 2540P if that matters
    10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09
    TFB Fabrications custom billet machined parts for you Turbo Mopar

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

In regard to masking the codes, there was some discussion of how to do this earlier in the thread. Bucar outlined how to do it. You have to open the ASM and then renumber things. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like tons of fun...

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    In regard to masking the codes, there was some discussion of how to do this earlier in the thread. Bucar outlined how to do it. You have to open the ASM and then renumber things. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like tons of fun...
    If I'm understanding the "masking" , that's just to keep it from turning on the check engine light or even looking at it in certain situations correct ?

So like when I'm not running a purge or egr solenoid, it would either not look for it or not give me a check engine light and code correct ?

In my situation I don't have a check engine light. I do have "stored" codes with checked in MP Scan. And it seems to run as if the computer really thinks there is errors with those sensors. BUT if I run the B151 basecal everything seems to be working just fine.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09

I could be off base, but I thought the masking was just so you wouldn't see the CEL.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

yeah its not the little checkboxes. the stuff detailed out in this post and beyond. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1138484

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	errorbitmask.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	66382

you have to pick the Hexidecimal number from the list that I posted for each code you want to mask and then change ErrorBitMask to ignore that code. Make sure you press "Show Hex" in the upper Right corner so the raw value is a hexidecimal number.... you will know its displaying correctly when you move the slider to change the number and after the value 9, it displays A, B C D E F before showing 10.

I suppose we could edit the list to show decimal numbers so that you dont have to work with hex but thats how it is for now.

Brian

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE="Top Fuel" Bender;1163213]If I'm understanding the "masking" , that's just to keep it from turning on the check engine light or even looking at it in certain situations correct ?

So like when I'm not running a purge or egr solenoid, it would either not look for it or not give me a check engine light and code correct ?

In my situation I don't have a check engine light. I do have "stored" codes with checked in MP Scan. And it seems to run as if the computer really thinks there is errors with those sensors. BUT if I run the B151 basecal everything seems to be working just fine.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

The B151 basecal I made?

i believe i edited that cal to mask those values for you. so if you start with any other MPTune editable cal (or even old school dcal) you will need to change those values in the ErrorBitsMask section.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

not sure on the MPScan file save deal... I rarely use it (only to test if someone is having a problem) as I use the MPSCILink box/my phone to log.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Brian
    No , the T-SMEC_B151_24_basecal that's currently "working" in the car is the one I did for SDAC

I believe the one you sent me was a T-SMEC_22_MTX_A553_Stock
    as soon as I load that cal. If I go to MP Scan I get "Stored Codes" not "Current Codes" or check engine light
    13 MAP vacuum
    15 Speed Sensor
    16 Voltage Drop
    17 engine too cool
    21 O2 sensor readings
    25 AIS motor voltage bad

the T-SMEC_22_MTX_S-IV
    gives me all the above +
    24 TPS voltage
    26 injector current low
    27 fuel control <2000
    31 canister purge
    32 egr solenoid
    36 wastegate solenoid

Both yours and stage 4 run very rich and stall when stoppping ect...
    but no issues with the B151 basetune, no stored codes or anything
    10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09

Garrett booster

Does anyone know if MPSCAN will read a stock 86 GLHS Logic Module? I connected my laptop to the SCI Connector and none of the gauges n the display layout work correctly. I dd create the dsplay layout with LM chosen.
    Maybe, MPSCAN (LM) only works with 1987 not 1986? FYI, MPSCAN works with my 1989.
    Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Jason89 View Post
    Does anyone know if MPSCAN will read a stock 86 GLHS Logic Module? I connected my laptop to the SCI Connector and none of the gauges n the display layout work correctly. I dd create the dsplay layout with LM chosen.
    Maybe, MPSCAN (LM) only works with 1987 not 1986? FYI, MPSCAN works with my 1989.
    Thanks..
    I have never gotten it to truly work with an lm car.

Garrett booster

Hmmm. Will it work with a 87 LM turbonator cal of I upgrade out to a 87 T2? That's ultimately what I'm going to do soon. I have a socketed 87 LM. I definitely want too be able to datalog in mpscan when I do that.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Garrett booster

Yes, MPScan works with an 87 LM Turbonator cal.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by "Top Fuel" Bender View Post
    Brian
    No , the T-SMEC_B151_24_basecal that's currently "working" in the car is the one I did for SDAC

I believe the one you sent me was a T-SMEC_22_MTX_A553_Stock
    as soon as I load that cal. If I go to MP Scan I get "Stored Codes" not "Current Codes" or check engine light
    13 MAP vacuum
    15 Speed Sensor
    16 Voltage Drop
    17 engine too cool
    21 O2 sensor readings
    25 AIS motor voltage bad

the T-SMEC_22_MTX_S-IV
    gives me all the above +
    24 TPS voltage
    26 injector current low
    27 fuel control <2000
    31 canister purge
    32 egr solenoid
    36 wastegate solenoid

Both yours and stage 4 run very rich and stall when stoppping ect...
    but no issues with the B151 basetune, no stored codes or anything
    shucks, i didnt see this till now or i would have texted or emailed you to try to correct it.

ill put it in my list of reminders. can you send me the cal that is working?

Thanks

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Garrett booster

Yes, MPScan works with the 87 T2 LM Turbonator cal and the factory cal. I remember always having a problem with MPScan causing my idle speed to be too high.

Garrett booster

Funny the idle did go up a little on the 86 GLHS LM when I was recordng the data and went down when stopped it.
    So I guess MPScan wll not read correctly on this?

- - - Updated - - -

I may just convert it to an 87LM and put a CAL on it.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829