Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScan

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: MPScan

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Wowzer,
    I did just what you said and went out and tested it on the car on break. The MAP reads the same as my mechanical gauge now. With the car on and not running, the map read 1 in Hg. I then found a table and matched the voltage output of my sensor to reading on the gauge in the car and on MPScan. Everything looks great now. Thanks for your help!

One more thing, when I am looking at the ADV gauge, what is that telling me? I always get negative values, I assume the car is always retarding the ignition, but I am not sure. How do I read this gauge. I have everything else deciphered at this point besides that gauge. Thanks
    The scale might be wrong on the ADV values. I'll have to check.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

MPScan

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    In MPScan -
    1) go into settings / layout files / gauge settings
    2) scroll down to mapvalue (may want to sort by short names by clicking on column header)
    3) change display max to 30
    4) change ecu max to 29.4
    5) click save
    6) delete old map gauge from dashboard and readd new map gauge.

as far as the 10 inHG, report back once you change the gauge as above. i'm not quite sure what the map sensor should read when not running, probably an approximation of regular barometric pressure.

in the next version of mpscan i'll update the gauge settings to include a 3bar map gauge so the user can easily pick between the two vs modifying the existing one.
    Is there a new verion of mpscan or something because i absolutely cant follow these directions step by step because the file names are different and even getting to the dash i choose the gauge to edit by right clicking on it and I dont have any options to change besides colors and fonts and stuff . No options to change how hi a gauge will read or max values.. Im completely lost
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

TJ - the newest version is 2.0.2.4. did you watch the videos in post 1?
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Ah ok that makes alot of sense know. There is a new version out with a new video. Thanks for clearing up my confusion
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    The scale might be wrong on the ADV values. I'll have to check.
    Have you had a chance to look at this? Hoping the timing it is showing is correct,

Wowzer,
    Could you also look into and see if the ADV gauge is scaled correctly.
    Thanks
    Last edited by DoubleD; 07-13-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Just wanted to show off what you can do with the layout settings for the gauges in MP Scan. This is the dash layout I use in my race car and for Turbonator testing. It's actually kind of a pain to see in the daylight. But, it's great at night.

Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

i need to add a setting to the analog gauges to allow the user to move the value/units/shortname up or down.

Just wanted to show off what you can do with the layout settings for the gauges in MP Scan. This is the dash layout I use in my race car and for Turbonator testing. It's actually kind of a pain to see in the daylight. But, it's great at night.

Wow that looks awesome. Now I need you for sure to help me figure out why mine doesn't work. :-)

i need to add a setting to the analog gauges to allow the user to move the value/units/shortname up or down.
    Excellent work Morris, thank you for your effort on this product!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

boostaholic

Cool looking gauge display. I notice you have an area there TURBFLG, I assume this is for all the bits from the Turbonator part of the tune. Is this data available from a SBECII T3 Ecu, I have never seen it?

Cool looking gauge display. I notice you have an area there TURBFLG, I assume this is for all the bits from the Turbonator part of the tune. Is this data available from a SBECII T3 Ecu, I have never seen it?
    It's not in the TIII cals. Yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Morris, I had the thought after I posted the pic that a 'global' gauge setting would be nice. IE, a way to change the related settings for all the gauges in a layout. Not sure if it's possible.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

e.g. to change the color of the gauge name? i could probably have a setting/toggle to allow changes to affect all gauges or just the individual gauge. might be a little dangerous though without also implementing some kind of "undo"! :-)

somewhat related - once you have a gauge type set up the way you like it you can save it as the "default" for that gauge type. then when you add that gauge type again it will use the new settings.

e.g. to change the color of the gauge name? i could probably have a setting/toggle to allow changes to affect all gauges or just the individual gauge. might be a little dangerous though without also implementing some kind of "undo"! :-)

somewhat related - once you have a gauge type set up the way you like it you can save it as the "default" for that gauge type. then when you add that gauge type again it will use the new settings.
    For example, in my pic above, if I wanted to change the 'green' to orange, I'd have to go into every gauge settings panel and individually change them. It would be nice (but certainly not a necessity) if you could change them all with 1 settings panel.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

It's actually kind of a pain to see in the daylight. But, it's great at night.

Maybe there is a way to "toggle" from this to a kind of "negative" version, one that had a light/white background, and dark/black layout? It would allow clear views day or night, just "flip a switch"...

Sounds easy.... In my head!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

I'm having trouble with INJPW. Its showing ~5ms at WOT, 14PSI, 5400RPM, stock cal for 90 daytona 2.5 turbo. Thats seems like 45% duty cycle if you calculate max on time as 1/(5400/60)...shouldnt it be more like 85%?

Is there some way I can log actual injector on-time? Id really like to calculate fuel flow so I can then calculate some other things like engine mass air flow using AFR (wideband) and stuff..

you'll notice in mpscan there is a gauge called afr. this was my attempt to calculate the theoretical afr based on the map reading and pulsewidths. never could get it to work properly. rob and i were struggling to determine exactly what the injpw range really was. it seemed the pulsewidth was off by a factor of 2.

turbo addict

you'll notice in mpscan there is a gauge called afr. this was my attempt to calculate the theoretical afr based on the map reading and pulsewidths. never could get it to work properly. rob and i were struggling to determine exactly what the injpw range really was. it seemed the pulsewidth was off by a factor of 2.
    rats..I was hoping to use INJPW for the mass air flow calc...I guess I'll have to manually take it off the actual injector pulses somehow

I wonder how the traveler which shows fuel economy gets the fuel delivery rate fed to it...does it get a single line output from the ECU and maybe that line is in a ram location? or maybe I could at least attach to that line for injector pulse width with a scope instead of having to wire something up from scratch?

How are you calculating duty cycle? By the time for 1 revolution? Or 1 cycle (2 revolutions)? Also, the SMEC at least, injects fuel twice per cycle. It's batch fire, and that's how they make sure all cylidners have equal 'timing' relative to the intake stroke.

The SBEC is different, I think, since it fires each injector individually.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Wowzer and Shelgame,
    Have you guys had a chance to look into the ADV gauge. I know it was mentioned that the gauge may be wrong. I would like to be logging the correct timing so when I start adjusting I know where my baseline -46 can not be correct for full boost timing.

Also, I was logging my car last night and watching the TRIM (1-4) values. I am getting -21 to -25 on all four gauges. at idle and most of the time driving, Does this mean I have too much fuel or not enough, obviously that car is compensating from the base tune with adaptives?

boostaholic

Any chance either of you guys has got a chance to look at fixing some of the gauges, the number being displayed can not be accurate.
    ADV- value can not be accurate, I beleive the TIII idels around 20° advance, but I could be wrong
    INJPW- This value can not be accurate of my injector duty cycle is only 14%

What do the TRIM values mean?
    Is there a charge sensor reading somewhere, I coudl not find it?

Any chance either of you guys has got a chance to look at fixing some of the gauges, the number being displayed can not be accurate.
    ADV- value can not be accurate, I beleive the TIII idels around 20° advance, but I could be wrong
    INJPW- This value can not be accurate of my injector duty cycle is only 14%

What do the TRIM values mean?
    Is there a charge sensor reading somewhere, I coudl not find it?
    You can actually change it yourself. I'll post pics later how to do it. I don't have MP Scan on my work PC (IT Nazi's). Essentially, just add 64 to the number your seeing.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki