Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would this be a good clutch combo?

Hybrid booster

would this be a good clutch combo?

http://www.clutchnet.com/product.php...1&cat=0&page=3

and fwd spec superclamp pressure plate

would this work for a 350hp spirit r/t. this cars main purpose is drag but it gets driven on the street used for street racing. open to sugestion would like tu's purple plate and 4puck but i dont have 550 bones for a clutch right now

Re: would this be a good clutch combo?

In the end it is a lot cheaper to do it right the first time. Give Chris a call and see what he suggests.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

turbo addict

The previous owner of my old Tona bought a clutchnet clutch. What a POS. Customer service was so bad he finally just parked it till I bought it and put a T2/T3 setup in it.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

+1 on calling chris. for that kind of setup i think a 4 puck with purple plate would be overkill for your car. my car was making similar power, i had a tu 6 puck with yellow plate and loved it. never slipped once for me. felt very close to a stock clutch.

Hybrid booster

chris suggested the purple plate with 4puck or 6puck what i told him i was going to be makeing around 350hp so i would probley be ok with 4puck with bigger pucks and yellow plate? because thats more in the price range. he said he just like his customers to use a stronger clutch then what they need.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

things have changed since i bought mine. at that time the yellow was the highest he offered. i would go off of what he recomended. that setup did work great for me though. if you can hold out to save up a couple extra bucks and buy the better set up then that would be best. it will save you time and money in the long run.

turbo addict

+1, better to go bigger than what you need, Then if you make more power you aren't replacing the clutch.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Not sure if Clutchnet still sells plates for our cars... they stopped at one point? I would recommend getting the plate an ddisk from the same vendor.

If you care about longevity and want to get a bunch of miles out of a clutch, go with a full disk. The puck clutches will eat the flywheel and pressure plate up.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 440dart View Post
    http://www.clutchnet.com/product.php...1&cat=0&page=3

and fwd spec superclamp pressure plate

would this work for a 350hp spirit r/t. this cars main purpose is drag but it gets driven on the street used for street racing. open to sugestion would like tu's purple plate and 4puck but i dont have 550 bones for a clutch right now
    Yes, that set-up would deff hold your power. Having said that, look at the diam of that disc. It's too small for what you want. Also, it says 17 teeth spline, is that a missprint?

Anyway, Cindy could set you up with one of her 4 pucks that would be larger diam (prob 228mm) and you could run a lesser PP that would hold your power level no problem. One of her 4 pucks with the superclamp is going to hold 450+ WTQ (you do realize this....right?)

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Hybrid booster

With no springs it's going to be a pretty rough shift. I have that exact clutch (only different) from clutchnet with the springs and stock pressure plate. Now I'm only rockin about 200hp at the max but it isn't slipping, don't have problems starting from a stop uphill, and it isn't making any embarrassing noises. I haven't had enough time on it to see if it's eating my flywheel up either so no comment on that yet.

With that said, Alan is running Chris's clutch in his rampage and has no grabbing issues and he's got access to some crazy clutches but is a fan of TU's set up. It looks stock but there's some math involved with the this and the that and grabbing angle and blah blah blah...

So if the guy who can afford a 2k clutch is getting the one from TU instead, good enough for me....

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Also, it says 17 teeth spline, is that a missprint?
    17T would be correct for 91-92 big spline

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

i would really like to get a clutch that is way over my hp/trq goals but right now money is tight so i would like to get a clutch that will work for now without slipping lol once i get out of school in december and start working i will just buy the purple plate and 4puck and not worry about it. i gotta order this thing 2nite i gotta get it ready for MATS

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

I put TU's purple clutch and 6 puck disc into Wop'rs R/T. 20 psi, holds no problem to which it should be its smooth and easy to drive, and the best part, its easy to push on the clutch pedal, not like that Dual Diagpram disaster,

i would really like to get a clutch that is way over my hp/trq goals but right now money is tight so i would like to get a clutch that will work for now without slipping lol once i get out of school in december and start working i will just buy the purple plate and 4puck and not worry about it. i gotta order this thing 2nite i gotta get it ready for MATS
    In that case, by a used stocker or a stock clutch, why spend the money twice.

I have a brand new T2 disc large spline for $80 shipped, use that with your old PP and save up for the proper clutch.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

i was able to get a brand new stock clutch last year and have not had any issues. Granted, i didn't get to run it at the track but it has held up none the less.

If you're looking for a stop gap, go stock. Simon says, don't spend big money twice...

Hybrid booster

i have smoked two stock clutches this takes place in 3rd and 4th gear i run drag radials there not much help for traction there really short 21in tall feels like better gearing on the street

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMoe View Post
    i was able to get a brand new stock clutch last year and have not had any issues. Granted, i didn't get to run it at the track but it has held up none the less.

If you're looking for a stop gap, go stock. Simon says, don't spend big money twice...
    Hehehehe.

i have smoked two stock clutches this takes place in 3rd and 4th gear i run drag radials there not much help for traction there really short 21in tall feels like better gearing on the street
    Ok, so in case you didn't understand, BUY the right one NOW or put a stock clutch in, drive like an old lady and SAVE up for the correct clutch. I really don't know how this can be said any clearer.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

either way you're going to have to spend money. If you don't have the money to spend NOW for a solid clutch combo, get a stock one...

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Ok, so in case you didn't understand, BUY the right one NOW or put a stock clutch in, drive like an old lady and SAVE up for the correct clutch. I really don't know how this can be said any clearer.
    but...but....but... I don't like your answer!!!

“If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Hehehehe.

ya thats clear but i will be clear with you i dont care if i waste $1000 on a clutch after december. If this clutch goes out yeah it sucks but i got my megacab to drive,lil red express,67 a-100 ect ect just gotta make it to vegas and back in one peace

Hybrid booster

i orderd 4puck and yellow plate from TU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast