Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: my 92 spirit r/t

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

my 92 spirit r/t

i'll start off with a little background on the car. its a white 92 spirit r/t. its very clean and is close to being completely rust free. has 127,xxx miles on it. i ran a best of 13.80@107 on street tires on the original motor with a 50 trim and typical bolt ons(fmic, 3" exhaust etc.). it ate an ishaft but did no bearing damage luckily. but at that point i decided the motor should be freshened up so i pulled it out of the car and started to pull it apart. the #4 cylinder wall had a few gashes in it. i took the motor to brian slowe for a "stock" rebuild, but that idea didn't last too long. one thing led to another and things ended up at the point that you will see in the following pictures. the car is coming along fairly well now and will be making its debut at sdac this year. so here we go:

the turbo is a precision 6262 with an .82 housing

i decided to build a header. i tacked it together then had brian do the final welding

next was the downpipe. its 3" stainless with a 44mm tial gate and 1-3/4" dump to atmosphere for the gate.

Re: my 92 spirit r/t

while i was working on those parts brian was building the bottom end. its a .020" over r/t block, je pistons, oliver rods, r/t crank and pro-gram 4 bolt mains. the head has a 5 angle valve job done by wallace, ported by steve menegon, s1 cams, ti retainers and adjustable cam gears.

also brian built an intake from scratch for it. first pic is a mock up to make sure it cleared the hood. the rest are latest pic i have of it but it now is all welded up. its a 5" plenum it will have a 70mm mustang tb on it. the injectors will be on the underside of the intake.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

F*ck me, that's going to be an animal,

Did you port the oil pump hole?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

the intercooler is the precision 750hp piece.

boost controller is an innovative turbo unit.

i started to clean the engine bay up. carroll is making me a simplified harness like what he did for his omni. i also removed the abs out of the car. that opened up a lot of space.

i got a real nice gas tank from lengel and brian welded a sump on it. the fuel system will consist of a fuelab 1300hp pump, 75 micron filter and 10 micron filter with a -8 feed line. i haven't mounted it yet but that will happen soon.

lengel came over this morning and we degreed the cams.

brian is putting the trans together, which i might have back this coming friday. it is an a568 with an obx and 3.50 final drive. i will be running a 4 puck tu clutch with the purple plate. hopefully it all holds up.

that pretty much brings the build up to speed. i will be updating as i go now. a huge thanks goes to brian, lengel, carroll and my fiance megan(she glass beads most of my parts) for all of their help.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Nice work Rob, if you fabbed the header, you've got serious skilz Nice tank and fuel system as well. I'd give you props for the intake Mani too but I think we know where that's from 600 HP in a Spirit eh?Nice

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Wow man talk about full tilt!

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Nice work Rob, if you fabbed the header, you've got serious skilz Nice tank and fuel system as well. I'd give you props for the intake Mani too but I think we know where that's from 600 HP in a Spirit eh?Nice
    thanks alan. yeah thats all brian right there. 600hp would be nice, buti'm not going to make any claims til the numbers are documented. i don't want to do any benchracing

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Wow man talk about full tilt!
    it wasn't going to be full tilt by any means, brian's a bad influence.

OK now that I have reattached my lower jaw I must say that looks awesome. Nice work on everything!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

You should have put some MP billet caps for #1 & #5 to match the rest of the bling party in that block

turbo addict

Looks awesome!!!
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

boostaholic

wow a lot has changed

turbo addict

living the dream.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Looks killer, man!

I have a suggestion to brighten up the paint in your engine bay to make it look almost new again: 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Comes in a clear, tall, quart sized bottle with red writing on it. The stuff looks like a mocha shake.... but you rub it in good by hand, and buff it off by hand afterwards and all the oxidization and scratches come right out! Look at what it did to my 155,000 mile engine bay in my sig!

Oh... NAPAs usually carry it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    OK now that I have reattached my lower jaw I must say that looks awesome. Nice work on everything!
    thanks again for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    You should have put some MP billet caps for #1 & #5 to match the rest of the bling party in that block
    i'll keep that in mind for next time

Quote Originally Posted by bradp View Post
    Looks awesome!!!
    thanks brad

Quote Originally Posted by Simsy View Post
    wow a lot has changed
    only in the engine bay, still looks completely stock on the outside. the intercooler is even hard to see through the grill.

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
    living the dream.
    almost, i can't wait til its done cause at this point all i want to do is drive it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    Looks killer, man!

I have a suggestion to brighten up the paint in your engine bay to make it look almost new again: 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Comes in a clear, tall, quart sized bottle with red writing on it. The stuff looks like a mocha shake.... but you rub it in good by hand, and buff it off by hand afterwards and all the oxidization and scratches come right out! Look at what it did to my 155,000 mile engine bay in my sig!

Oh... NAPAs usually carry it.
    thanks i'll have to check that out. i'm definately happy with how the engine bay cleaned up so far, but if i can get more shine out of it i'm willing to try it. that last time i drove the car it pushed 4 quarts of oil out in five minutes of driving. so everything on the passenger half of the motor/engine bay was covered in oil and sludge. so it has come a long way already.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92spiritrt View Post
    thanks alan. yeah thats all brian right there. 600hp would be nice, buti'm not going to make any claims til the numbers are documented. i don't want to do any benchracing
    We've been bench racing for months!

it wasn't going to be full tilt by any means, brian's a good influence.
    ^^^^^Fixed!

BTW, I though this was a top secret project that wasn't getting a PLOG until after SDAC? Everything looks great Rob. This is a shining example of how you do a good serious build from top to bottom......Oliver rod, JE's, Menegon TIII head, big plenum intake, Carroll wiring harness()Precision IC & turbo, 70mm TB, Header, etc etc
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    We've been bench racing for months!
    shhh, i don't want to get into a bench racing war. noone is going to buy the idea that this car will go from a high 13 car to a possible 10 second car. but it will still be faster than your car

^^^^^Fixed!

BTW, I though this was a top secret project that wasn't getting a PLOG until after SDAC? Everything looks great Rob. This is a shining example of how you do a good serious build from top to bottom......Oliver rod, JE's, Menegon TIII head, big plenum intake, Carroll wiring harness()Precision IC & turbo, 70mm TB, Header, etc etc
    i gave up on the top secret plan. i have posted enough pics in other threads now that if you put them all together you would pretty much be able to figure out something was being built. you missed probably the most important thing on that list: a slowe tune, with any luck he'll have it running 11's on 87 octane or something along those lines.

shhh, i don't want to get into a bench racing war. Noone is going to buy the idea that this car will go from a high 13 car to a possible 10 second car:d. But it will still be faster than your car
    Rob! Can you hear me?! Rob! Rob! Wake up man! Rob! Your dreaming again! Rob!......
    Carroll

Rob! Can you hear me?! Rob! Rob! Wake up man! Rob! Your dreaming again! Rob!......
    sorry i forgot about the weight difference again(which is the only thing making you fast).

sorry i forgot about the weight difference again(which is the only thing making you fast).
    and my minimal experience driving slow cars.
    Carroll

Just curious, are the electronics going to be TIII based or aftermarket? And is that a yellow Shadow ES sedan I see in that garage? Maybe it's just the light.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast