Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How NOT to ship a core...

Hybrid booster

Re: How NOT to ship a core...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Craig View Post
    Nothing wrong with packing peanuts If you tape off all the ports on a mani.
    OH SNAP He went there!
    Now what do you two have to say?

Seriously, talk to Chris and get some damn instructions to your customers and quit talking ---- about how stupid everyone is. Some people take their stuff TO BE SHIPPED by professionals. Now THOSE people may be slightly retarded but I don't think they will hear your wrath over the sound of them not giving a crap. I wish I had saved the pic's of how I got a head from someone who discounted me a head a while back. No peanuts but the box had a couple windows in it. Not a huge deal. It's a hunk of metal with holes in it. Sometimes deliveryman act like they make 8 bucks an hour.

Post the instructional and maybe make it a sticky in the TU site. Add 10-20 bucks to people who choose to not follow simple instructions.

And to you who started the fight.... Good job. Army life must be pretty boring

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Tell you what, I'll ship you a 1 piece intake with packing peanuts and you can tell me how long in takes you to get them all out. 20 minutes is an average, it takes ~10 minutes for an exhuast manifold but 30 minutes for a 1 piece intake.
    I'll bet you I can clean one out in 1 minutes time. Wanna wager?

Ok... I'll let the cat out of the bag. Due to the enviroment, styrofoam peanuts *supposedly* were phased out for biodegradable water soluble potato based peanuts. They look and feel exactly like styrofoam, but upon contact with water, they melt away instantly. I didn't believe my friend when I 1st saw them 15+ years ago.... he said: "hey look..." and crammed a few in his mouth and swallowed...
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

turbo addict

I second what Rosie said.

Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    Some people take their stuff TO BE SHIPPED by professionals.
    Do you really think this package I have pictured in the first post was professional?

You make everything sound so simple, but when you own your own business it's quite different.

I called Chris up before posting this, and he thought it was a great idea to show how not to package, and how to package core's.

When YOU own your own business, you can decide how stuff is done then. Your opinion was never asked for. Maybe you ship your stuff good, I don't know, but this is for those that aren't aware that their core manifolds could be damaged or even lost because it fell out of the box in shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    I'll bet you I can clean one out in 1 minutes time. Wanna wager?

Ok... I'll let the cat out of the bag. Due to the enviroment, styrofoam peanuts *supposedly* were phased out for biodegradable water soluble potato based peanuts. They look and feel exactly like styrofoam, but upon contact with water, they melt away instantly. I didn't believe my friend when I 1st saw them 15+ years ago.... he said: "hey look..." and crammed a few in his mouth and swallowed...
    Yeah well I'll take that wager. I just tested these by pouring some water and also sticking one in my mouth, full styrofoam here.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

They dissolve in carb cleaner and brake cleaner. Problem solved!!!
    No need to thank me, I'm just soooo damn good.

Relax Matt, I'm just messing with you. They do suck.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Who tapes a show using a video camera?????????

Its 3 mins long with only 1.4 minutes of footage, they didn't tape the best part,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Do you really think this package I have pictured in the first post was professional?
    Yes I do. That was my point. What kind of professional are you talking about? The guy who packages nukes? or works in a clean room and packs processors for intel?
    Professional as in does it as a profession. Like the waitress at the waffle house brings me my food. I don't go get it, a professional waffle bringer gets it to me.
    You make everything sound so simple, but when you own your own business it's quite different.
    Really? My customers come in wearing high heels, no eye or ear protection, and a friggen leg showing skirt (Long PANTS are required to enter plant at all) to look at there un-enclosed 20,000HP split shaft 15MW generator running on natural gas with a drum of liquid fuel next to it and a 4story mobile exhaust stack (phew!) run... I don't scold the customer. At least not to his face OR his peers.
    I called Chris up before posting this, and he thought it was a great idea to show how not to package, and how to package core's.
    Now THAT is a great idea!
    When YOU own your own business, you can decide how stuff is done then. Your opinion was never asked for.
    Best line ever. Don't talk to me on this public forum. Don't want to hear from me? I'm a customer too. The guy sitting to my right is a customer. The guy he's texting is a customer. The only reason I piped up because someone else picked a fight and you let him get you fired up and talking even more crap then I thought you should have in your first post IMOHO. The idea of making stupid hurt (charge extra for poorly packaged items) is smart and I agree with. But just assuming that UPS or USPS or FedEx are super duper proffesional and only a moron (not quoted but general tone) would ship holy metal with peanuts.
    Maybe you ship your stuff good, I don't know, but this is for those that aren't aware that their core manifolds could be damaged or even lost because it fell out of the box in shipment.
    I ship via USPS for whatever stuff and FedEx for good stuff. My pres lets me use his shipping account sometimes if he's into me for a favor...

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post

Its 3 mins long with only 1.4 minutes of footage, they didn't tape the best part,
    I thought that was the good part! But, I assumed that the picture with Jim carry and that package in front of him in the link was worth the vid post.

What part are you talking about? The "reward" scene? ewwwwwww

boostaholic

I didnt try to get him fired up, I just stated that I seemed like alot of time to blow out or dig out or whatever it takes to get packing peanuts out of a damn manifold. Then he attacked my porting skills, and my typing skills, and tried to act like he is the only person to cut open an intake. Then I get a warning from big brother, If I dont agree with or praise everything anybody posts or or say anything that someone takes the wrong way I get warned!

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Here is a public service anouncement for Milkcarton and Matt. You guys need to see what your posts look like to other people. You both came on like you were trying to out piss the other, whether you meant to or not. I'm not bashing you guys, just letting you know how you come across to the rest of us.
    Milk....you didn't need to try to make Matt sound like an idiot about getting the nuts out. Guess what, that is how it came across.
    Matt....big deal if he can get his nuts out of a manifold faster than you, let it go.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post

People who can't compute. this is the same reason you see Tape/records/8track to MP3 stand alone units...

also you can put up all the instructions you want, people will over come the best of instructions.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by MILKCARTON View Post
    I didnt try to get him fired up, I just stated that I seemed like alot of time to blow out or dig out or whatever it takes to get packing peanuts out of a damn manifold. Then he attacked my porting skills, and my typing skills, and tried to act like he is the only person to cut open an intake. Then I get a warning from big brother, If I dont agree with or praise everything anybody posts or or say anything that someone takes the wrong way I get warned!
    Really? Everyone's picking on you? Being confrontational is one thing (see my earlier posts, I didn't get warned)(not taunting the mgmt btw )(non sarcastic smiley face I swear!) but kicking him when he's down (obviously Mike's upset with a particularly stubborn piece of styrofoam) is absolutely going to get someone worked up enough to respond individually to your not-so-flattering opinions so you can tell which opinions may or may not have been received well and for what reason.
    Hmm, so apparently you've never had a manifold sent to you with packing peanuts? Or are other people just on the unhappy receiving end like me because you are a lazy ignorant -------?

Like I said, I didnt send you that nor would I ever send you anything to port or buy anything from you, get your facts straight, GOOBER

Tell you what, I'll ship you a 1 piece intake with packing peanuts and you can tell me how long in takes you to get them all out. 20 minutes is an average, it takes ~10 minutes for an exhuast manifold but 30 minutes for a 1 piece intake. And if you think that packing peanuts in a 1 piece is no big deal, than you've OBVIOUSLY never cut one up to know what the inside of a 1 piece intake looks like.

Why would you port a one piece intake??? If people are paying you to do that, then they are dumber than you. Oh yea, I'm sure your the ONLY one to ever cut one open

An exhaust manifold takes about 2 hours to port. I don't use a dremel with a grind stone that takes out .02 ounces of metal like you probably do and think it's gonna give you 10 HP. About 4-5 ounces of metal is relieved from the manifold when I get done with it You can't fit the shavings in just one hand

Stupid generalizations like this show me that you probably got picked on in school, I'm sure your the king of porting stock exhaust manifolds, just get over yourself. Put a disclaimer on your website , that if something is packed like this, and it takes time to unf*ck it the customer pays for that time.
    I'd talk crap about you too if you said that stuff about me.

Quote Originally Posted by black86glhs View Post
    Milk....you didn't need to try to make Matt sound like an idiot about getting the nuts out. Guess what, that is how it came across.
    Matt....big deal if he can get his nuts out of a manifold faster than you, let it go.
    LOL, I needed a laugh this morning thanks man

Rosie- I can see now you are atleast being objective, unlike Milkcarton who's soul purpose in posting in this thread was to instigate.

Do you not realize what you typed first?

Seriously........... If it takes you 20 minutes to get packing peanuts out of a manifold, how long does it take you to port it?????????

Pretty blatent attack on my porting skills I'd say which was completely uncalled for and obviously meant to instigate. So stop crying and go back to 4th grade so you can learn when and where to use the proper your/you're.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

This is a great idea, maybe not the best execution of said idea... Post #1 shows how not to do it and complains... not really "helpful" to the situation. Later you do post some prefered packaging.. but really far from a "how-to" thread from the start.

Yeah well I'll take that wager. I just tested these by pouring some water and also sticking one in my mouth, full styrofoam here.
    This is the funniest post in the thread.. they didnt disolve when you put water on them so you put them in your mouth to make sure... LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by black86glhs View Post
    Here is a public service anouncement for Milkcarton and Matt. You guys need to see what your posts look like to other people. You both came on like you were trying to out piss the other, whether you meant to or not. I'm not bashing you guys, just letting you know how you come across to the rest of us.
    Matt....big deal if he can get his nuts out of a manifold faster than you, let it go
    Nicely said Bryan

I think both of you had some good points, but could have been conveyed differently

Do you not realize what you typed first?

Pretty blatent attack on my porting skills I'd say which was completely uncalled for and obviously meant to instigate. So stop crying and go back to 4th grade so you can learn when and where to use the proper your/you're.
    ...and unfortunately Matt read it but ignored it... Let it go man, you gotta have the biggest internet chip on your shoulder or something, WTF!?

I am apt to let Milk give you one more response, he deserves it... to tell you to F off or something? I know him, like yourself has an abrasive way of typing, and really, you deserve it... BUT this thread is going no where good so I'll close it.

Feel free to think real hard about everything said in this thread and start a new thread (or KC article?) about how manifolds should be shipped, but as suggested multiple times by myself, Milk, etc, maybe this should ALSO be linked on the manifold order form? I think people rarely order anything online and ask themselves "maybe I should search the intenet to see how to ship my core?"

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123