Thread: 1988 csx-t3

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

1988 csx-t3

Date: 11th July 2013
    Username: glhs727
    Full Name: cindy lindsay
    City, State, Zip: spring tx 77373
    Selling or Wanted Price: $4800

Description: 1988 csx-t with a t-3 motor transplant. Car is about 95% complete. I was building a birthday car clone but ended up buying the birthday car, and once I did that, I lost all interest in the project. Car runs and drives, but I broke the ignition key and do not have a spare, so I haven't started it in a few months. I might get a key made, if I can find the time. The hard stuff has all been done, what it needs now is little stuff. It needs the interior finished, it is missing some interior trim like the shifter boot, dash pieces and center console. A quick trip to the junkyard for some shadow parts should take care of that. The rear caliper is sticky and drags, so the brakes will need to be looked at. The motor was out of a car we built but wrecked about 1000 miles after the rebuild, so it has low miles. Venolia forged pistons, arp rod and main bolts, arp head studs, fwd adj. cam sprockets. It might have a ported head and new style lifters, but I can't remember, so assume it is stock and if it turns out not stock, consider it a bonus! New stock turbo, +20 injectors, fwd stage 2 ecu, rebuild a568, shifts perfect! Stock radiator/IC. K&N filter in stock airbox. Wiring is now 1991 r/t t-3 wiring and everything works like it should. The paint is about 10 years old but stll looks pretty good. some clearcoat flaking on the bumper covers and door trim, but a couple of cans of satin black and an afternoon of scuffing and painting should take car of that. Has a scratch on the front bumper and another scratch on the passenger side rocker panel. Front shocks are Koni's, the rear shocks are crap, work OK, but look terrible, and the rear axle beam should be wire brushed and painted. The rest of the underside is pretty decent. Interior has 1989 Shelby csx-vnt door panles and back seat. Front seats are aftermarket sport seats. Shelby steering wheel, but missing the horn button. Overhead console and headliner done a couple of years ago. Shelby medallion is in a good shape on the rear hatch. The car has white snowflakes that are in pretty good shape, but tires are crap and will need to be replaced. They hold air but I wouldn't drive too far on them. Powder coated white valve covers and intake manifold. Magnecor plug wires. A/C is there and worked last time I drove but may now need a recharge. This car isn't not perfect but with a couple of weekend and a few hundred dollars if could be really nice . Asking $4800 as is but if you want us to make any changes or fix anything before you come get it, there will be additional charges, but we can talk. Save yourself some money and DIY. Pictures show all the good and the bad.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Garrett booster

Re: 1988 csx-t3

Still would love to have this....

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

Again...

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

Garrett booster

Yeah, well, time is a healer

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

You KNOW you want it! I think I have a couple pics of the CSX-ND from SDAC-7

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

Scan them in! I would LOVE to have some. I actually have only a few pics of the car.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by nemiro View Post
    Scan them in! I would LOVE to have some. I actually have only a few pics of the car.
    Screw pics... get the car:thumbup:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrett booster

$$$$$