Thread: What base cal should I choose?

Mitsu booster

What base cal should I choose?

Hello, I am almost new here, lot of time reading your excelente forum, and using your search system, but no writing becouse I have a lot of problems to write in your language, I am Spanish.

I have a 88 Lebaron from about 3 years, initialy naturaly aspirated, now with a 88 2.2 turbo swaped in. Here you can see any of my work in the car, and tell me your opinions.
    http://cccae.mforos.com/611986/85529...car=88+lebaron

Well, if you can understan my spanish there, a member of this forum (also in Spain) help me a lot with all the history of my (really my wife) Lebaron.

Now I follow with the evolution of this turbo. After a lot of trial-error with the cals, now I decided to start from cero with a new cal when I had seen the famous missing was solved . This is the question, wich of them could be the best to use?. Must say that I have the electronics made as a turbo II, intercooled, and with the charge temp sensor instaled, but I have a automatic transmission. I doubt between the T-SMEC_22_MTX_A553_Stock becouse is stock 2.2, or the T-SMEC_25_ATX_A105_Stock becouse is for automatic..... Can anyone help me?

I can say that today I made a test with the first (22_MTX_A553), with minor changes (only auto trans bit, and charge temp sensor activated) and run more or less fine, but I only have boost if I pass 3/4 of gas, till that only have about 5 psi, why?

Perhaps you say a lot of questions for a new "writer" member, and with a very bad english, but I would like to make the work only one more time.

In a few months I will made a new exhaust line with 2,5", and without cat, now is still the stock exhaust, but I think make any progress now wil be also an advance for that.

Thanks so much from Spain.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: What base cal should I choose?

If you look in the T-SMEC post now, I made a template from the '88 Maserati 2.2 T2 cal. Which is an automatic transmission cal. So, I would suggest you use this cal as a base.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FRAN_Astur View Post
    and run more or less fine, but I only have boost if I pass 3/4 of gas, till that only have about 5 psi, why?
    there are two boost settings based on throttle..... part throttle (less than 3/4 throttle) and full throttle boost.

so youll have around 5 when at part throttle and more when you hit the gas pedal to the floor.

i like it that way. it makes the car smoother to drive than when its trying to give you 20psi when all you want is 6psi plus its safer.

Brian

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    If you look in the T-SMEC post now, I made a template from the '88 Maserati 2.2 T2 cal. Which is an automatic transmission cal. So, I would suggest you use this cal as a base.
    Thanks for the advice, and excuse me for my ingnorance, that cal is this? T-SMEC_22_ATX_A124_Masi . I don't choose this thinking it was any as the S60 cal!!!. Tomorrow I will test it to start from.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    there are two boost settings based on throttle..... part throttle (less than 3/4 throttle) and full throttle boost.

so youll have around 5 when at part throttle and more when you hit the gas pedal to the floor.

i like it that way. it makes the car smoother to drive than when its trying to give you 20psi when all you want is 6psi plus its safer.

Brian

I have all bost tables above 10 psi, less bost by rpm that decay to 9 psi above 5300 rpm

In the other hand I am using the T-SMEC v16.2 becouse with the last v16.3 I have a large liste of errors when complile it, but this could be a problem with my pc configuration about local configurations?? with v16.2 don't have any problem, so I am not worried about it. This is the error file when compile:

?ASxxxx-Error-< > in line 891 of H:\chrysler\T-SMEC_v16.3\T-SMEC_22_MTX_A553_Stock.v16
    <q> missing or improper operators, terminators, or delimiters
    ?ASxxxx-Error-< > in line 892 of H:\chrysler\T-SMEC_v16.3\T-SMEC_22_MTX_A553_Stock.v16
    ?ASxxxx-Error-< > in line 1025 of H:\chrysler\T-SMEC_v16.3\T-SMEC_22_MTX_A553_Stock.v16
    ?ASxxxx-Error-< > in line 1026 of H:\chrysler\T-SMEC_v16.3\T-SMEC_22_MTX_A553_Stock.v16
    ?ASxxxx-Error-< > in line 1211 of H:\chrysler\T-SMEC_v16.3\T-SMEC_22_MTX_A553_Stock.v16
    ?ASxxxx-Error-< > in line 1212 of H:\chrysler\T-SMEC_v16.3\T-SMEC_22_MTX_A553_Stock.v16
    Only mention this as a curious date, since I can work with the previous v16.2.

Thanks so much for the help.

I'll look into those errors with T-SMEC. It's probably something wrong with the template - a typo or such...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Mitsu booster

I has checked the T-SMEC_22_ATX_A124_Masi cal v16.2 and it has PE scaled to 150 yet after read about the miss was caused for that, now I don't know what to do, if try to test it equally, or try to improve my actual test with the 22_MTX_A553

It is? Download the latest version (v16.3). I just checked my copy, and it's scaled 0-100%...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Mitsu booster

Thanks Rob, I had seen that, but as I said I was using v16.2 becouse with v16.2 I haven't errors when compile, but with v16.3 I have the errors file posted above.
    If anyone more have these errors, I think the cause could be any of my pc local configuration, remember I am in Spain. I also had to make any changes yet in my pc to can use MPtunner, but that time was only change the "," for the "." for decimals, and inverse for thousands (thanks MóparBCN, he was who help me), but this time we don't know the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by FRAN_Astur View Post
    Thanks for the advice, and excuse me for my ingnorance, that cal is this? T-SMEC_22_ATX_A124_Masi . I don't choose this thinking it was any as the S60 cal!!!. Tomorrow I will test it to start from.

I have all bost tables above 10 psi, less bost by rpm that decay to 9 psi above 5300 rpm

In the other hand I am using the T-SMEC v16.2 becouse with the last v16.3 I have a large liste of errors when complile it, but this could be a problem with my pc configuration about local configurations?? with v16.2 don't have any problem, so I am not worried about it. This is the error file when compile:

Only mention this as a curious date, since I can work with the previous v16.2.

Thanks so much for the help.
    OK, I looked and those errors are due to some notes that I didn't get deleted fully when I was cleaning up the template. It's not an issue with your computer or with T-SMEC v16.3. So, you should be able to use the Masi ATX cal.

I'll post an update to the templates later with the A553 cal cleaned up.

EDIT: Actually the Masi cal has the same issue. I'll post a complete update later...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Mitsu booster

You are the best. Masi compiled
    Along this week I will start with the test and will tell you the advances.

Thanks a lot again.

No problem, thanks for pointing out the typos...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Mitsu booster

Well, I don't forget to tell you the advances, It's only that this is my wife daily car, and she don't leave me her lebaron to make the test, only leave to make normal maintenance, she don't want to drive my other car while I tune up the lebaron. I can't see the time when I could leave her car perfect.