Thread: TU Performance head 8V

TU Performance head 8V

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...hlight=tu+head

Still unused,my cars is running great,buying new house could use the $$$

$ 820 + shipping

thanks

Hybrid booster

Re: TU Performance head 8V

dam another g head why cant it be a 782 head i would have bought it in a heartbeat

Hybrid booster

Well, you know in a couple of months people will be looking for G-heads and all the ones available will be swirls...

Hybrid booster

yea when i buy one then there will be 10 for sale

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

There is no proven advantage of one type over the other. All else being equal, a properly ported swirl or tub will perform the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

Hybrid booster

been reading that a 287/g in a 2.5 VAN isnt good for a dd /track setup if i were bulding a track motor then i would grab the g head

Quote Originally Posted by Mr overkill View Post
    been reading that a 287/g in a 2.5 VAN isnt good for a dd /track setup
    Gus would have disagreed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Gus would have disagreed...
    He can but many others will agree a G headed van sucks azz,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    He can but many others will agree a G headed van sucks azz,
    In my admittedly very humble opinion, it was the stage 3 turbine wheel that was the "hitch in your get-a-long" on your 8V. Didn't you also have some cal issues? Gus ran low 13s in Mini with a super 60 and less hi-po engine parts than you or I use. He was an adamant believer in the G head. http://www.gusmahon.org/html/Mini.htm

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor turbo84voyager's Avatar

In my admittedly very humble opinion, it was the stage 3 turbine wheel that was the "hitch in your get-a-long" on your 8V. Didn't you also have some cal issues? Gus ran low 13s in Mini with a super 60 and less hi-po engine parts than you or I use. He was an adamant believer in the G head. http://www.gusmahon.org/html/Mini.htm
    Are you sure he ran a g-head and not a swirl? I thought he always ran a swirl on the van. I have to agree with Simon on this one. I struggled for 2 years with this combo ( 2.5 G-head in a mini) as a DD. I had tons of timing with custom cals and it was too temperamental to knock. I thought it ran pretty good but when I pulled it and installed a lightly ported swirl, I would never look back. No more knock, plugs look great. Not only does it run better the engine sounds better. If I was to try it again, I would try shaving more off the head. The 2.2 and G works much better.
    Justin
    84 Plymouth Voyager LE 2.5 Intercooled Turbo 5-spd - Only 84 Turbo Van!
    89 Dodge Caravan ES 2.4 SRT-4 Intercooled Turbo (46 trim, OS Valves, CP Pistons, Eagle Rods, NPR IC) Built 31th trans
    91 Dodge Shadow Convertible 2.5 Intercooled Turbo A555 5-spd
    01 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.8 supercharged! Only 5K miles....
    01 Subaru Forester - Daily Driver
    07 Yamaha FJR 1300 140+ HP on 2 wheels
    85 Honda Nighthawk 450
    94 Bobcat 763 Skidloader 2.2 Kubota Diesel
    SV-SDAC Member

Quote Originally Posted by turbo84voyager View Post
    Are you sure he ran a g-head and not a swirl? I thought he always ran a swirl on the van.
    "Anthony Berge was kind enough to put a Super 70 (large turbocharger) in Mini! ...And a new high-flow fuel rail, along with a new MP "mild" head. "

This excerpt from his web site.

PM sent on head

Authorized Vendor Turbo Mopar Vendor BadFastGTC's Avatar

I flowed that head for Gus before it went on Mini. Those MP heads really didn't move much air at all over the stock one.

"Anthony Berge was kind enough to put a Super 70 (large turbocharger) in Mini! ...And a new high-flow fuel rail, along with a new MP "mild" head. "

This excerpt from his web site.
    Steve Menegon
    1989 T2 GTC (Sledgehammer)
    11.872@120.21
    1987 Shelby Lancer #574 - 13.79@104.65
    2005 SRT4 ACR (Mamba) 12.612@110.96 (Now Junk)
    2016 200S (The Silver Billet) 14.70@92.7

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

As stated, you can't close the door on the 2.5/G head combo unless you bring up the compression a bit.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by BadFastGTC View Post
    I flowed that head for Gus before it went on Mini. Those MP heads really didn't move much air at all over the stock one.
    Yes, he commented on that at the time. Still, he held that the G was superior to the swirl. I don't think that's necessarily so, especially with the swirls you do, but that was his expressed belief when he was posting on the SD list.

Alot has changed, and I'll keep bringing it up, SMP preferred a swirl as they need less timing and its a better chamber design.

Maybe more compression would help but I do think a 2.2 likes the G-head better.

A supercharger would probably suit a G-head too,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Alot has changed, and I'll keep bringing it up, SMP preferred a swirl as they need less timing and its a better chamber design.

A supercharger would probably suit a G-head too,
    Terry Ryan is using a G on his 11 second van isn't he?

Authorized Vendor Turbo Mopar Vendor BadFastGTC's Avatar

I have been running swirlies on my 2.2's and 2.5's

Steve Menegon
    1989 T2 GTC (Sledgehammer)
    11.872@120.21
    1987 Shelby Lancer #574 - 13.79@104.65
    2005 SRT4 ACR (Mamba) 12.612@110.96 (Now Junk)
    2016 200S (The Silver Billet) 14.70@92.7

Terry Ryan is using a G on his 11 second van isn't he?
    I can't remember but he has a G head now but hasn't really done any racing since. His van isn't a DD either.

Quote Originally Posted by BadFastGTC View Post
    I have been running swirlies on my 2.2's and 2.5's
    You don't count; you can make anything go fast! Just kidding, I prefer a swirl head too ever since I found that you could make them flow just as much as a G.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast