Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
Weird, I had no issues with my awic. Although, I will admit I didn't log any temps, nor did I run at the track much, or race during the day. Most of what I did was done riding around on Friday and Saturday nights
I didn't have any issues with mine either, until I went to the track.

Quote Originally Posted by csxtra View Post
I used to have the Frozenboost Type 3 (4.5"x4.5"x10 core) in my CSX, with the type 101 (7" high x 3.5" thick) heat exchanger and about 3-4 gallons of capacity. At around 30psi on a GT3040 I was getting 120-125degF temp drop but around 3psi of pressure drop, and 125degF intake temps (measured using type K thermocouples on a cool day with 85degF water temps).

I replaced the Frozenboost I/C with a custom A/W IC with a Bell core (6" x 5.3" x 12"), and on a 90 degree day in Memphis with about 25psi of boost and saw over 200 degF temperature drops and 140degF intake temps even with 126degF water temps. Unfortunately my pressure sensors have not been working so I haven't been able to log pressure drops yet.

Just some data points, but the larger Bell core cools SIGNIFICANTLY better than the Frozenboost cooler did.
I had the F.B. type 3 IC too and the type 117 (12"X12"X2") heat exchanger. I figured my IC was too small but to fit a lager IC it would have taken way to much re-engineering to make it work and even then it would have been a guess. With an air to air it took probably the same amount of re-engineering (spent 50-60 hours one week on it) but also freed up a lot of space in my engine compartment. Plus the air to air is proven so I went that route.