Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1970 Super Bee

Mitsu booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

1970 Super Bee

Was 3rd owner of this 1970 Coronet Super Bee Coupe. Original Straussbaugh Dodge Car Youngstown Ohio. 383 4 speed. B5 Medium Blue Metallic with Rare V6B Ledger Blue C Stripe, White bench seat interior.

pic circa 1977-1978 (sorry for poor pic was a polaroid)

This car survives today in Salem Ohio unfortunately repainted black.

Hybrid booster

Re: 1970 Super Bee

I love that color combo . Painted black , Ugh... Have you seen the EB5 , V6B , V1X '70 Bee the WPC museum has ?? Beautiful .
    I had an B5 , 6W, D21, N96 car in '79 , beat it to death , still see it around Detroit once in awhile .
    Oops , sorry to talk in codes, just habit.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    I love that color combo . Painted black , Ugh... Have you seen the EB5 , V6B , V1X '70 Bee the WPC museum has ?? Beautiful .
    I had an B5 , 6W, D21, N96 car in '79 , beat it to death , still see it around Detroit once in awhile .
    Oops , sorry to talk in codes, just habit.
    No problem with the codes I worked in Parts for Mother Mopar for years.

This is my current Project (on hold until things ease up a bit)

E code LA Calif built, EW1 Alpine white EB7 Dark Blue metallic bench seat interior, V6B Ledger Blue c stripe, Factory A/C 383 Auto. Rust free body. been setting for years. Only E code car in this combo known to exist. Only 92 '70 Bees produced in white period.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit R/T View Post
    This is my current Project (on hold until things ease up a bit)

E code LA Calif built, EW1 Alpine white EB7 Dark Blue metallic bench seat interior, V6B Ledger Blue c stripe, Factory A/C 383 Auto. Rust free body. been setting for years. Only E code car in this combo known to exist. Only 92 '70 Bees produced in white period.
    Funny , I thought about buying that car when it was on ebay awhile back . It's very cool ! The only thing that kept me from buying it was the fact that I have a '70 Chally , EW1 , V1W , H5B5, V6B , E87 , D21 , N96 car . I hate having 2 cars with the same color scheme !!
    I've actually been looking for the right '70 Bee since I sold mine . I had a 32k survivor , FK5 , V1W , V6W , E74 car . As I've gotten older , I just like to roadtrip my cars , so I decided I'd rather have a 383 . But it must be a rare & interesting color scheme , not easy to find....

Garrett booster

Hey! Some of us are interested in this too. Translation on some of these codes please.

Great looking B bodies...I thought those eBay pics looked familiar. Keep those pictures coming!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 89csx10 View Post
    Hey! Some of us are interested in this too. Translation on some of these codes please.
    Sorry , bad habit ....

'70 Challenger R/T

EW1-White
    V1W-White vinyl top
    V6B-Blue longitudinal stripe
    H5B5-Bucket seats , blue houndstooth
    E87-440 Six Pack
    D21-4-spd
    N96-Shaker hood

My old '70 Bee

FK5-Burnt orange metallic
    V1W-White vinyl top
    V6W-White C-stripe
    E74-HEMI

My really old '70 Bee

EB5-Bright blue metallic
    V6W-White C-stripe
    D21-4-spd (383)
    N96-Ramcharger hood

As you can see , way easier to use shorthand....

turbo addict

I sure wish I'd have bought one of these 10 years ago instead of what I did buy.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

I'll have to scan the pics of my Dads 70 Super Bee. It too was a 383 4 speed. Dark green with green interior. He's has a colo photo of it parked out front of Sox and Martins shop. And some b&w's in front of a coal mine when he had just purchased it new, still in his army uniform.

I REALLY like the white and blue one and have never seen one in either the blue on blue, or the blue on white cars.

Met a guy 15 years or so ago that lived in a small town near me...and when I say small, I'm talking a hundred or so. Anyways, we became acquainted because I stopped at his house, as I could see his beautiful light blue 70 Bee through an open garage door. Darn that thing was in great shape...pistol grip 383 with ram air. On a related note, one of his buddies had a white with black vinyl top 69 Coronet R/T...big block hemi 4 speed car.

Where's Ralph at? I'm pretty sure he had a Bee too...although I think his was a 69 model?
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I'll have to scan the pics of my Dads 70 Super Bee. It too was a 383 4 speed. Dark green with green interior. He's has a colo photo of it parked out front of Sox and Martins shop. And some b&w's in front of a coal mine when he had just purchased it new, still in his army uniform.
    Cool , I love vintage pics of old Mopars ! Here's a couple pics of my old '70 , HEMI 4-spd 32k survivor .

Funny , I thought about buying that car when it was on ebay awhile back . It's very cool ! The only thing that kept me from buying it was the fact that I have a '70 Chally , EW1 , V1W , H5B5, V6B , E87 , D21 , N96 car . I hate having 2 cars with the same color scheme !!
    I've actually been looking for the right '70 Bee since I sold mine . I had a 32k survivor , FK5 , V1W , V6W , E74 car . As I've gotten older , I just like to roadtrip my cars , so I decided I'd rather have a 383 . But it must be a rare & interesting color scheme , not easy to find....
    Yes that is the eBay car.
    Was the Challenger at the Mopar nats in the judging tent on the rack? If so that was an incredible car and cannot say enough about it I have some pictures of it also! A GREAT INSPIRATIONAL car A perfect stablemate to the Bee. In 1971 when I was 16 I had a 69 Bee and from there on I have had over 100+ Mopar Muscle cars.

Here is a 70 that I bought in 1976 for 900.00 it had 64k 383 auto EV2 H2X9 J45 n96 wm21

I will have to dig out my old pics if you guys want to see em?

Here are a couple more I had. The Daytona was Kenny Bracketts 999 special order paint car Tan metallic 440 auto Tan interior.

Kenny's North Carolina Plate read "200 MPH" which is mounted on my hobby room door. Sold it to a guy in Akron and to my knowledge he still has it.

Ev2 D21 Black bench seat 18K miles 440 4bbl Bird I bought in 1980.

A 23K mile survivor 383 4 speed car I had.

Bought from original owner in 1978 R4 Spring Red 383 4 speed car Spring Special option with RWL Goodyear Polyglas tires. Still own this one. Numbers match.

Quote Originally Posted by 89csx10 View Post
    Sorry
    The codes are what appears on the front inner fender tag and the Broadcast sheets.

Partial VIN Tag codes:
    WM21N0E
    WM= Coronet Super Bee
    21= 2 Door Coupe
    N= 335 HP 383 Hi Perf
    0= 1970 Model Year
    E= Los Ang. Calif assy plant. (also A= Lynch Road, G= St Louis assy plants)

EW1= Alpine white(while paint codes were the same between Dodge and Plymouth they named them differently) EX: EV2 was known as Hemi Orange and Tor Red. FC7= Plum Crazy and In Violet etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post

I REALLY like the white and blue one and have never seen one in either the blue on blue, or the blue on white cars.
    That would be GREAT! I would love to see any and all Pictures of 70 Bee's especially! THANKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Met a guy 15 years or so ago that lived in a small town near me...and when I say small, I'm talking a hundred or so. Anyways, we became acquainted because I stopped at his house, as I could see his beautiful light blue 70 Bee through an open garage door. Darn that thing was in great shape...pistol grip 383 with ram air. On a related note, one of his buddies had a white with black vinyl top 69 Coronet R/T...big block hemi 4 speed car.

Where's Ralph at? I'm pretty sure he had a Bee too...although I think his was a 69 model?
    Wow! any pics? there were 3 shades of the blue metallic.
    EB3 Light Blue, EB5 Medium Blue(most common) and EB7 Dark Blue and you could get only Blue, Black or White stripes on them.

On a side note the Blue stripes could only be had on Blue or White exterior body colors only.
    Fender Tag & Broadcast sheet codes.
    v6b= Longitudinal "C" stripe Ledger Blue
    v8b= Transverse (over the deck) stripe Ledger Blue.
    v88= Stripe delete yet you still got the "Super Bee" circle ONLY in White or Black on the rear 1/4's

Cool , I love vintage pics of old Mopars ! Here's a couple pics of my old '70 , HEMI 4-spd 32k survivor .

I love that combo and think I have seen that car before also!

I had an FK5 383 4 speed V1X N96 v6x with Burnt Orange bench seat interior also, and have some pic's of it somewhere too.

Over the years I found 70 Bee's have no middle of the road following, you either loved it or hated it. Personally I think it was the Most Aggressive looking Bee made with the front end scowl and the smooth deck lines.

another shot of both my Hemi Orange Bee and Medium Blue Metallic Bee taken Nov 1977.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Hey I learned something in this thread Didn't know that same paint codes had different names thru Dodge/Plymouth. Cool.

Sorry
    The codes are what appears on the front inner fender tag and the Broadcast sheets.

Partial VIN Tag codes:
    WM21N0E
    WM= Coronet Super Bee
    21= 2 Door Coupe
    N= 335 HP 383 Hi Perf
    0= 1970 Model Year
    E= Los Ang. Calif assy plant. (also A= Lynch Road, G= St Louis assy plants)

EW1= Alpine white(while paint codes were the same between Dodge and Plymouth they named them differently) EX: EV2 was known as Hemi Orange and Tor Red. FC7= Plum Crazy and In Violet etc.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Hey I learned something in this thread Didn't know that same paint codes had different names thru Dodge/Plymouth. Cool.
    Right, not only did Mopar have the coolest names for their paint, but they had the neatest decals, stripes, and hood scoops!

Hybrid booster

Yes that is the eBay car.
    Was the Challenger at the Mopar nats in the judging tent on the rack? If so that was an incredible car and cannot say enough about it I have some pictures of it also! A GREAT INSPIRATIONAL car A perfect stablemate to the Bee. In 1971 when I was 16 I had a 69 Bee and from there on I have had over 100+ Mopar Muscle cars.
    I know the Challenger of which you speak , top quality , but not mine. Mine is in circa '85 condition , previous owners removed the Shaker , painted on the '71 stripes & installed a black interior . It's like project # 482 , so I may never get around to it . Coupled with the fact that I'm lazier than a corpse (at least they're rotting).....

This pic was taken around 8 years back ,the M code 'Cuda is gone , so is the Superbird (Guess you'd need good eyes to see that in the garage) .

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    During that era Plymouth/Dodge were always at each others throats . Different color names , engine names (Super commando/Magnum) (Six Pack/Barrel), even cold air packages (Air Grabber/Ramcharger) .
    Plymouth got Road Runner , Dodge wanted Super Bee . Plymouth got Duster , Dodge wanted Demon . Dodge got Swinger , plymouth wanted Scamp . It was a bizarre inter-company war .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast