Thread: IAC situation

Garrett booster

Question IAC situation

Hey guys,

I have a 1987 Turbo I Daytona that had the log intake. I am upgrading to a one piece intake. I have a 4 pin IAC valve on the throttle body on the 1 piece but had a 2 pin on the old set up. I tried changing the wires around thinking that might do it. I even disconnected the IAC all together and it still goes to 2.5-3k RPMs. I have the everything else working good. Just having 3 + k rpms.

Thanks guys

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: IAC situation

You could try hooking up the other two wires to the logic module. Some '87 TI logic modules may have the circuitry to drive the four wire AIS motor. Otherwise, you'll have to swap to an '87 TII logic module and run the two additional wires for the AIS.

Garrett booster

Okay, I found a break down to the wiring pin location and it said blue and red connectors... I must be confused, I thought the "computer" was beside the battery..am I right or way off?

Yeah I don't know if the current LM will have the controls built into the computer. You could wire it to the correct wires if they are there, but they may not register. Worth a shot to see if they will though. Worst case would be that it just won't regulate the idle like it should.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

'87 model year had two computers; one was the power module (beside battery), the other was the logic module which is inside the car behind the kick panel in the front passenger side footwell area. The logic module is the one with the blue and red connectors and is where you'll need to add the wiring for the idle motor.

Garrett booster

Okay I found it, thanks again, but now I need to find a way to figure out which is what on the pins so I can find the right wires. any tips

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HemiShelby View Post
    Okay I found it, thanks again, but now I need to find a way to figure out which is what on the pins so I can find the right wires. any tips
    Is this on the minimopar site? We need this conversion info in the KC... just have to add the two wires, but I dont remember where!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

Well thanks guys for all your help. The pins needed to change in the red LM connector are 16 and 18. I found out my LM does not have the set up internally to be able to just run the wires. So I need to get an update LM. And for my knowledge I need to just get a T2 87 Daytona one?

Thanks again guys.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HemiShelby View Post
    ... I need to just get a T2 87 Daytona one?
    Yeah, an '87 T2 stocker, or the '87 T2 MP Stage II LM, My personal favorite

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.