Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cordes' Blue GLH

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: Cordes' Blue GLH

Brian, glad to see the car get a good home.

As far as parking 3 cars in the 2.5 car garage I would put the K-Car sideways along the back wall and then park the Omni's side by side, should leave you with better access that way. The first year I had my place two GLH's, my Ram pickup and the lawn tractor with a snow blower on it all fit inside my 2.5 car garage
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    So the Santa Fe Blue N/A GLH has a vented (turbo) hood on it? That isn't correct either but a good thing!
    Todd
    That is correct. I think Paul posted in this thread that he gave the hood to his neighbor since he did not want to use it for the hood with a scoop he was doing for his omni back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    Brian, glad to see the car get a good home.

As far as parking 3 cars in the 2.5 car garage I would put the K-Car sideways along the back wall and then park the Omni's side by side, should leave you with better access that way. The first year I had my place two GLH's, my Ram pickup and the lawn tractor with a snow blower on it all fit inside my 2.5 car garage
    That is a very good idea. I am going to get a couple of wheel dollies and I will be all set I think.

turbo addict

my 85 glht had glh decals sold the car last year
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Hybrid booster

haha...yay...another n/a glh Both to get different versions of their unnaturally aspirated treatment.

The lady I got mine from's husband had an N/A GLH that he ordered new that had all the turbo stuff on it (stickers and hood) but was still carbed. Car has like 10k miles sitting on blocks under a cover in his garage
    Last edited by strang3majik; 02-15-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    That is correct. I think Paul posted in this thread that he gave the hood to his neighbor since he did not want to use it for the hood with a scoop he was doing for his omni back when.
    Hey Brian, not sure if you care to see or know, but here's final pics of the car that your hood was originally installed on.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...&postcount=274
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Hey Brian, not sure if you care to see or know, but here's final pics of the car that your hood was originally installed on.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...&postcount=274
    Very cool Paul. I didn't put two and two together to realize that the hood came from your old white car. (no pun intended.) I can't wait to get a little warmer weather so I can start getting everything ready.

I will probably keep the NA car as is for this year other than general maintenance type stuff so that I can finally run a decent time in my black car once I fix the boost.

The first thing I need to do to this car is put Charger seat tracks in it though. I can barely get in and out of the car with the stock wheel in there. I had to remove the armrest in this car also so that I could shift. I would like to use Charger tracks and another small wheel to allow me the room to use an armrest though.

Finally some work done on the car. I put some Charger seat tracks in the car to drop the seat down some. It is still rough getting in and out of the car with the stock wheel in there, but it is much more manageable now.

Hybrid booster

Is it just me or does the Black GLH look...bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedDrummer View Post
    Is it just me or does the Black GLH look...bigger?
    It does because of the way it sits. It has the KYB GR2 struts in the rear with the spring perch installed upside down. That causes the rear to ride a lot higher than it should. I got the car this way and I've never changed it.

Hybrid booster

120 mile drive after throwin used oil in a dry trans and brake issues! Your def a trooper. What a shame the other one has cancer

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEBALL View Post
    120 mile drive after throwin used oil in a dry trans and brake issues! Your def a trooper. What a shame the other one has cancer
    Thanks.

I looked under the black car again the other day when I put it up on dollies to move it around the garage. After looking at the bottom of the blue car it is apparent that the black car is beyond saving IMO. Maybe if it was an actual S car, but...

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Thanks.

I looked under the black car again the other day when I put it up on dollies to move it around the garage. After looking at the bottom of the blue car it is apparent that the black car is beyond saving IMO. Maybe if it was an actual S car, but...
    I know the feeling.....

I have one in my garage that is about to get crushed (after I strip all the GLH stuff off, of course)

I just plated this car and put insurance on it today. The front driver's side caliper is hanging up now. When it goes it flies, but as of right now it hardly moves.

Hybrid booster

Cordes

could you explain a little more about the tracks you swapped? and what it did for your car. I stand 6'3 and go about 265. This might get me a little more room for when I wear a helmet.
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bohn View Post
    Cordes

could you explain a little more about the tracks you swapped? and what it did for your car. I stand 6'3 and go about 265. This might get me a little more room for when I wear a helmet.
    The seat tracks bolt to the bottom of the seat and are in turn bolted to the floor to hold it in. The 2 door L body seat tracks sit much lower due to the lower roof line in the 2 door cars. Since the seats are the same you can unbolt the tracks from a two door car and throw them right on a 4 door seat (or bolt the whole thing in if it's nicer than yours).

The 2 door tracks will drop your seat enough to make the steering wheel much more comfortable between your legs and get you the added head room you may need. I feel this a must for anyone who is taller or very long legged.

Picked up two L body rads and an analog fuel metering device out of a rampage today. I'll post pics later to make sure the AFMD is one of the non-feedback jobs. If it is I'll pick up another one at the yard for $15.

Hybrid booster

On top of that ^^ I put washers in between the column and the plate it mounts to to lower it some and give it some tilt...lol Much better now with the lower seats.

Quote Originally Posted by strang3majik View Post
    On top of that ^^ I put washers in between the column and the plate it mounts to to lower it some and give it some tilt...lol Much better now with the lower seats.
    I wish it would move the other direction!

I didn't snap any pics of the new carb, but it does have less electrical stuff on it than the one in the car so I'm pretty sure it's the one I wanted.

I'll need to order up some new front brake hoses and perhaps calipers so that the front brakes won't drag any longer. It's really getting annoying. It was the front driver's hose pinching off the fluid for sure though. I bent the clip a little and it did much better.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Santa Fe Blue is the best color ever. Shows exceptional taste and savoir faire. Just my humble opinion.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Santa Fe Blue is the best color ever. Shows exceptional taste and savoir faire. Just my humble opinion.
    I'm forced to agree!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast