Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Cordes' Blue GLH

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Cordes' Blue GLH

I was thinking about putting it right behind the battery like in the Neons. It would be a tight squeeze there for sure. I had everything laid out in there, but it's not finalized. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the air filter etc. so I tried to keep a few options open. Now I think I'll put the air filter over on the pass side and run a pipe across to the turbo. That should help out some right by the battery.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

I hadn't even thought about the air filter yet. Doh!

L-body engine bays are really tight...

EDIT: Looking at RGL10's build log, it looks like he has 2 solenoids mounted to the strut tower, maybe a MBC, too? Can't tell what it is exactly. He's got a lot going on in that engine bay. I want to run the same I/C he has; and it looks like he was able to get a Ford air filter and housing in there behind the battery. Looks like there would even be enough room for the PDC still.
    Last edited by ShelGame; 04-07-2015 at 12:13 PM.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Made some progress today. Nothing too breathtaking, but it didn't cost me too much and it'll work.

IMG_4025 by Brian Cordes, on Flickr

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

I love that alternator adjuster.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Thanks. I got it from March if I'm not mistaken. It didn't come cheap for what it is IMO, but it'll do the job. I could have done a better job making the bracket for the head, but other than that I'm fairly happy with it.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

For my Santa Fe Springs Blue GLHT, I also had to make room for the same or similar Spearco intercooler. So, after swapping the original alternator out for a Nippon Denso, I sectioned the 2.5 common block type "push to tighten" type bracket to suck it in tighter to the block.

I like your adjuster because it's easier to get to, no need for an extension and swivel/wobble through that little hole in the upper core support.

- - - Updated - - -

For my Santa Fe Springs Blue GLHT, I also had to make room for the same or similar Spearco intercooler. So, after swapping the original alternator out for a Nippon Denso, I sectioned the 2.5 common block type "push to tighten" type bracket to suck it in tighter to the block.

I like your adjuster because it's easier to get to, no need for an extension and swivel/wobble through that little hole in the upper core support.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

OK, I'm ditching the Lebaron/Daytona/etc. PDC and going with a 1st gen Neon unit. The pins are the same for the PDC, but the Neon unit has a lot more internal bus action going on which will really cut down on the number of wires and JY terminals I'll have to reuse. Thanks to Rbryant for posting up the neon PDC schematics a long while back. Between those and the stuff I could easily search for, I'm all set for identification and routing in the box. Now I jsut have to match everything up with the 90 SBEC wiring that's now in my 86 GLH-soon-to-be-T. This whole deal makes me think I could have probably lived with the fusible links and has me feeling like Johnny Cash.

Hybrid booster

Why is the alternator mounted up vice down, looked but couldn't find a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by stewdaddy23 View Post
    Why is the alternator mounted up vice down, looked but couldn't find a reason?
    You can scoot the rad over more doing that. It makes all the difference when running one of the same side Spearco ICs.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112