Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cordes' Blue GLH

Re: Cordes' Blue GLH

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/O_E...rch=%20chysler I would get them here. Probably close to the same price when you include shipping, but they have lots of other connectors that can be used because they are similar to the Chrysler ones.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Thanks for the leads Jon. I'm pretty sure that the connectors are 1/4" so that seems to be the ticket.

turbo addict
    What's wrong with the carb setup?

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    What's wrong with the carb setup?
    Too finicky for my taste. There's nothing like turning the key and going the way you can with the EFI stuff.

I've been working on the wiring harness off and on for a week now. It's hard to come back to a wiring project and work in small spurts because it takes a few minutes to figure out where everything is going each time you sit down.

It certainly would be going much faster if I weren't trying to avoid cutting anything out of the harness at all. I don't think I actually have a whole component out of it yet, but there are individual wires running all over the place. I'll try to get some pics up later today.

I remember when I did mine, stripped an 89 Daytona harness down to the bare bones. It was amazing what was in it you don't need. Good luck with that man!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I remember when I did mine, stripped an 89 Daytona harness down to the bare bones. It was amazing what was in it you don't need. Good luck with that man!
    Thanks. I'll certainly be needing the moral support. It will go back together much more quickly than it gets taken apart if I had to guess. Once you know what you actually need and where it needs to go things get a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Thanks. I'll certainly be needing the moral support. It will go back together much more quickly than it gets taken apart if I had to guess. Once you know what you actually need and where it needs to go things get a lot easier.
    The manuals help a little too.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    The manuals help a little too.
    yeah, the 86 harness will be easy since I have the manual. The 91' is a different story though since I only have the 90' FSM there were a lot of connector differences between the two years but I can decipher most of it with just wire color so far.

I think I have most of the unneeded things out of the harness now. I'm still thinking about going with a large connector or two so that I can remove the engine with just two plugs pulled.

I may go with the Delphi GT280 series connectors it looks like they can be had with terminals that will go from 22ga to 12ga making them pretty much ideal for what I'm thinking of.

This is for a 91, don't know if it is different from a 90
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1991 60.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	471.5 KB 
ID:	44588  

Thanks a ton. I think I got most of them figured out, but this is most certainly a welcomed addition to the info I have. Thanks again.

turbo addict
    Too finicky for my taste. There's nothing like turning the key and going the way you can with the EFI stuff.
    You know I was really tempted to ask if you wanted to trade my old hybrid setup Omni for your carbed GLH :-) I doubt you would have done it though lol

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    You know I was really tempted to ask if you wanted to trade my old hybrid setup Omni for your carbed GLH :-) I doubt you would have done it though lol
    Yeah, there is so little rust on the underside of this thing I'm going to hold on to it for a while at least. My dad was darn tempted to come and take it off your hands actually, but you were just a little too far away from him.

I'm SOOO ready to get this car stripped down and sanded, primed and painted!

Thanks a ton. I think I got most of them figured out, but this is most certainly a welcomed addition to the info I have. Thanks again.
    No problem, if you need any others i'd be glad to post them.

I finally got back to the JY today. I went DJ style and picked up a Ford power distribution center out of a crown vic. It does look really nice and should be much easier to adapt than the Neon block. I did notice that Ford only had yellow and red wire available when putting these things together though. Yikes.

Good deal man. Hope that goes well regardless of the lack of colored wire.

Mount that cam already dammit! lol

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast