Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Cordes' Blue GLH

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Cordes' Blue GLH

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    I've got a hail Mary in with one of our electrical suppliers, slim, but possible.
    This would be quite the Christmas for the people of the internet if they can come up with something.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

While I haven't had enough time to look at this stuff thoroughly, a quick glance suggest we may have found something here: http://www.powerandsignal.com/default.aspx

Looks like Delphi has quite a few, lessor known, connection systems... some of the pins shown in the PDFs look to be similar to not only the power distribution, but also SMEC/SBEC connectors...

I don't have the stuff handy to measure, so hopefully someone else can "run the ball up field"...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

I've spoken with one of their reps, but they stated that they didn't have anything. I'll look on that site again and take some measurements then compare. There is a lot of stuff out there that is really close, but won't quite fit well.

I have the motor technically in the car. I also have most of the wiring harness and fuse block done. I still need to run the harness to where it needs to go and finalize everything in that department. There are countless hours to go, but at least people won't think I'm some nut with a ball of wires under the hood anymore.

What fuse box are you using? Did you look into the ones we talked about that are aftermarket? Did that go anywhere?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    What fuse box are you using? Did you look into the ones we talked about that are aftermarket? Did that go anywhere?
    I'm using one out of a 94 Lebaron. The ones you linked to look awesome and that's what I'll probably go with on the CSX. I haven't looked into them other than the specs though.

The relay type blocks on the 90 (at least) and later cars are the same connector that is used in the fuse blocks at least through the 1st gen neon. That's what I've been using to put everything together. The trouble is that you need so many terminals to make everything work when you're relaying the headlights, fog lights, and then putting all the relays in the block too. It's coming together quite well though. Get ready for some good updates to this thread by tomorrow.

Looking forward to some pictures, sounds really nice!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Looking forward to some pictures, sounds really nice!
    If a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm not sure what this is worth. Perhaps 75 of them?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Doing a lot of work on that. You aren't intending to keep it after?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolV300C View Post
    Doing a lot of work on that. You aren't intending to keep it after?
    Probably not. I'll most likely just make sure that it's going to a good home. It's weak link will for sure be the trans.

What trans? The 525. Brian, we both know that thing is bullet proof. MUST I run my car with one AGAIN at SDAC and drive it home for it to ever be accepted?!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

"We're not sagging our pants, we're sagging our hoods"

Hahaha that line had my whole family laughing...classic!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What trans? The 525. Brian, we both know that thing is bullet proof. MUST I run my car with one AGAIN at SDAC and drive it home for it to ever be accepted?!
    I double dog dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    "We're not sagging our pants, we're sagging our hoods"

Hahaha that line had my whole family laughing...classic!
    Thanks. It was getting late and I was getting pretty wild. The stuff I cut out was totally nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I double dog dare you.

Thanks. It was getting late and I was getting pretty wild. The stuff I cut out was totally nonsensical.
    I have too much invested in the 555 to not use it.

I have too much invested in the 555 to not use it.
    That's for sure.

boostaholic

If that video doesn't scream Omni, I don't know what does. Nice job and nice project.

Quote Originally Posted by fishcleaner View Post
    If that video doesn't scream Omni, I don't know what does. Nice job and nice project.
    Thanks!

Here is another one which shows the progress I made last Saturday.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor GLHS60's Avatar

Maybe spice things up with a bit of M-M action, that thread seemed to die off.

Thanks
    Randy

There is no logical reason to call an Engine a motor.

Randy Hicks
    86 GLHS60
    86 GLHS 373 : SOLD, but never forgotten
    89 Turbo Minivan
    83 Turbo Rampage : SOLD
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS60 View Post
    Maybe spice things up with a bit of M-M action, that thread seemed to die off.

Thanks
    Randy
    I definitely need to take some more pics and videos at my grandmother's place and update that thread. I thought there would be a bit more action on that front from others, but not so much yet.

boostaholic

I had a flash back to the Red Green Show watching that, hahahaha. I'm sure that video is going to help some people out, when I did mine I couldn't find any info on it. Use marine grade heat shrink tubing, it is coated on the inside with hot melt glue & seals and strengthens the connection. I also wrapped mine with harness tape with an 1/8" wood dowel as a backbone just in the fuel rail area to keep the wires from flailing around. Split mesh wire loom has really come down in price, I like that much better than the plastic conduit.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast