Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevy X-11 thread

Chevy X-11 thread

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    GOOD GOD!!! What is it with TM and X-11s?? I've got an 81 X-11 waiting to accept the AWD from the 90 Pont 6000SE parked in front of it!!

Whatever it is, it must be the same strain of disease! Likely contracted in the early to mid 80s!

Mike
    Had a burnt orange 81 X-11, a maroon 82, and a tan 82...the tan one was really clean and can be seen on the last page of this link http://community-2.webtv.net/blk86tr...ona/page3.html

Found a blue one in a yard once with the swing out back windows that are controlled by a knob in the ceiling...have you ever seen that option? Definately cool...I made sure to snag those parts
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrett booster

Re: Chevy X-11 thread

Didn't the FWD X bodies have like 12 recalls before the dealership ever got them off the trucks when they were new?

The closest thing I had was a 2.8 (non-HO) 4 speed Citation in high school as a beater. The rack was so bad it was impossible to steer.

Dad had the poor version of the X-11 the XS Citation. Sold it on his car lot to a girl who had a rusted out X-11. She loved the X bodies.

I did see someone on line who had a really clean Pontiac Phoenix coupe with a 2.8 HO and manual trans. I thought that was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PBODY View Post
    Didn't the FWD X bodies have like 12 recalls before the dealership ever got them off the trucks when they were new?

The closest thing I had was a 2.8 (non-HO) 4 speed Citation in high school as a beater. The rack was so bad it was impossible to steer.

Dad had the poor version of the X-11 the XS Citation. Sold it on his car lot to a girl who had a rusted out X-11. She loved the X bodies.

I did see someone on line who had a really clean Pontiac Phoenix coupe with a 2.8 HO and manual trans. I thought that was pretty cool.
    Yeah the X line had issues...fortunately the examples I owned were fairly decent. My Father also had a 2 door 4 speed 2.8 non-HO, it was blue...plus two different 4-door models with the Iron Duke. And I do remember the XS, a local guy had one.

I think the "performance" model for the Pontiac Phoenix with the HO engine was called an SJ? I've only seen one in person, and I'm pretty sure it came from the factory with a standard steel hood.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrett booster

Check out whats behind it.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Had a burnt orange 81 X-11, a maroon 82, and a tan 82...the tan one was really clean and can be seen on the last page of this link http://community-2.webtv.net/blk86tr...ona/page3.html
    I had a silver 81 X (4-speed) as my second car, but flight tested it in AZ... Never try to drive 30+ hours straight with no A/C or Heater in the summer time (or ever really)... the one I have currently is White (auto), and a bit rusty... A bit surprising as it came from OR.

Found a blue one in a yard once with the swing out back windows that are controlled by a knob in the ceiling...have you ever seen that option? Definitely cool...I made sure to snag those parts
    I've only seen them on one other X-Body, and it was the funkiest/rarest X-11 I've ever seen. It was a 82 or 83 (IIRC) and was from Mexico!! It had metric gauges and was maroon in color, I got the hood off it, and the gauges, but that's all, too bad too, it was in really good shape! I suspect that it was there due to Smog issues. It was kind of weird in that it had a cut switch for setting the timing, or at least that's what I suspected it was for, I don't read Spanish! I still have what's left of the hood, just couldn't throw it away!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

I think the "performance" model for the Pontiac Phoenix with the HO engine was called an SJ? I've only seen one in person, and I'm pretty sure it came from the factory with a standard steel hood.
    Right on all counts!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

- Edmund Burke

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Yeah the X line had issues...fortunately the examples I owned were fairly decent. My Father also had a 2 door 4 speed 2.8 non-HO, it was blue...plus two different 4-door models with the Iron Duke. And I do remember the XS, a local guy had one.

Yeah, the SJ was Pontiac's sporty version, Paul. My dad had an 80 Phoenix 4cyl 4spd. I liked the interior a lot on it. That thing ran really good. They did have a lot of recalls, but both of mine were excellent cars. I used to get 30 MPG with the auto and 32 mpg with the 4spd on the highway. My dads Pontiac got in the upper 30's on the highway.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Hybrid booster

My dad put a 3.8 SC Series II in a X-11.... That thing was a beast!!!! I need to find those pictures...

turbo addict

I rebuilt and engine in an 83 X-11 that had swing out windows controlled from the front on levers, pretty cool. Here are the 2 I owned the silver one is the same on Mike had too. The interior & engine shot is the Silver one that was an early HO 81 car as it had the 6500 rpm redline and oil dipstick on the far end of engine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81X-11LHSilver.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	20286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81X-11LHOrange.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	419.0 KB 
ID:	20287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81X-11Interior.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	374.8 KB 
ID:	20288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81X-11Engine.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	367.1 KB 
ID:	20289  
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Neat pics and stories!

How about those V-8 FWD X-11's? Apparently the engine cradle on the front of an X-11 is the same setup as the engine cradle on the back of a Fiero...and there are companies that make kits to drop the FWD V-8 Cadillac motor in the back of a Fiero, so...

Garrett booster

Yes I've seen the V8 Caddy swap. That is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by PBODY View Post
    Yes I've seen the V8 Caddy swap. That is nuts.
    Right on! Here's a clean swap...makes me really miss the ones I've owned! http://thebaron.110mb.com/v8citation/

The 84-88 Olds Ciera got the 3.8 V6. The X and A bodies are virtually identical frame wise. So the engine mounts are easy to get to put a 3.8 and 4T60 into the Citation. Heck the 84 & 85 cars got the 4sp auto as an option.
    Bryan

turbo addict

the fact remains that the K car pwnt the X car.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Only because all of the tards who bought a car that had no balls to it...aka...the K car.....LOL.
    Bryan

turbo addict

its really Chrysler fault for just keeping with he same idea for so long.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

boostaholic

those things looks like a nightmare to work on...

turbo addict

I don't know what to think of that swap. Flippin performance lacking engine.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by bradp View Post
    I rebuilt and engine in an 83 X-11 that had swing out windows controlled from the front on levers, pretty cool. Here are the 2 I owned the silver one is the same on Mike had too. The interior & engine shot is the Silver one that was an early HO 81 car as it had the 6500 rpm redline and oil dipstick on the far end of engine.
    I still have the steering wheel, instrument cluster,rear spoiler, wheels, and console from that silver car!!

Mike

PS Brad, clean that hair off your scanner!!

- Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    PS Brad, clean that hair off your scanner!!
    LOL

Oh I almost forgot...last time I was at the yard, they actually had a 4-door Citation II. It had all 4 factory mud flaps with the word "Citiation" embossed in white, styled exactly like the emblem. Probably quite common back in the day, but I'd imagine it would be difficult to find a complete set nowadays.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast