Thread: NEEDED 91 T1 5speed Engine wiring harness

turbo addict

NEEDED 91 T1 5speed Engine wiring harness

as the title says
    i am sick of the screwed up rats nest that is in my car i touched it today and something shorted out and the car died i couldn't figure it out and i just want one that was never hacked up i know its a long-shot but one without ac would be awesome
    let me know what you have

Re: NEEDED 91 T1 5speed Engine wiring harness

Man, quit messing around with the stock stuff and build your own. It will be a little more expensive initially, but in the long run you'll have a new harness that you KNOW won't fall apart.

http://www.rs-autosport.net/catalog/...2d79f44c368ef8

You can also get weather proof connectors and pins in lots of different places.

http://www.route66supply.com/store/page2.html

Or this one

http://www.directtuning.com/store/p-...-assembly.aspx

Or Mouser.com, where I got all the stuff for my harness. Trust me, spend the time to do it now so you don't have to keep buying old stuff that is dry rotted, brittle and will eventually leave you in the same position.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

i really do not trust myself enough to build my own harness i can repair and install one but i do not want to do all the work in making one i would not know where to start

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmesich View Post
    i really do not trust myself enough to build my own harness i can repair and install one but i do not want to do all the work in making one i would not know where to start
    Son of a.... ALRIGHT, I'll make you one if you want it, but you'll need to buy the supplies. Cost of parts only and you'll have to terminate the ends on the car. Just let me know.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Son of a.... ALRIGHT, I'll make you one if you want it, but you'll need to buy the supplies. Cost of parts only and you'll have to terminate the ends on the car. Just let me know.
    that would be awesome!
    but let me see if i can find a good condition original if not ill definitely take you up on your offer
    thank you alot for the offer

Damn John you got a good friend there...props to Jon!!!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Damn John you got a good friend there...props to Jon!!!
    Yeah Jons a good guy!

i might just have to take him up on that deal if nothing real nice comes up

Man, I may start making these just to bring everyone up to speed.

turbo addict

Man, I may start making these just to bring everyone up to speed.
    did you make one for both of your cars?

did you make one for both of your cars?
    No, just the Charger. Went with a weatherproof Molex connector. It's black and the pins were about .18 per, so it wasn't too expensive for those things. The connectors can get pricey, but I ended up using a 10 pin connector for the fuel rail, knock sensor, O2 sensor and ambient temp sensor by the intake instead of having 3 different connectors up there. Cleaned it up a bit. You can make it out in this picture just below the vacuum line going out of the valve cover. It worked out quite alright.

turbo addict

No, just the Charger. Went with a weatherproof Molex connector. It's black and the pins were about .18 per, so it wasn't too expensive for those things. The connectors can get pricey, but I ended up using a 10 pin connector for the fuel rail, knock sensor, O2 sensor and ambient temp sensor by the intake instead of having 3 different connectors up there. Cleaned it up a bit. You can make it out in this picture just below the vacuum line going out of the valve cover. It worked out quite alright.

man your engine bay is beautiful
    i really gotta think about it now
    how much do you thing it will cost to make a custom one

man your engine bay is beautiful
    i really gotta think about it now
    how much do you thing it will cost to make a custom one
    You probably don't want to know. This is the part where if I were a salesman, I would wave my hands in front of your face to distract you from the price. I mean the injector connectors are going to be $5 per, then the plug is going to be about $15 with pins, so that's $35 plus shipping, so $50 is the number I would say. Wish it were less, but I can tell you it was easily double that much for what I've done in my car. Every part of my harness is covered in woven fire proof loom with heat shrink tubing where necessary. If we are both at SDAC or an event I'll give you the details. Like I said, it's an investment but it will last for a long time and the great thing with the stuff I am using (Molex) is that everything is interchangeable. So if I decide to move wires around or if I need to increase the number of wires going through a plug, I just upgrade the number of wires the plug will hold.

I did call the place where I got them listed up top in this thread and asked them about bulk discount pricing. If I can get some interests, I may make them and be able to save some on the connectors, but I don't think they will come off the price that much. The connectors though, man I would upgrade those in a heartbeat. They use a clip that only needs to be depressed to remove the plug from the injector. I could disassemble that area in a matter of minutes if I needed to. Makes working on the car very easy.

Thanks for the comments, btw. I've done some upgrades and it looks a little better now, need to take some pictures. Last thing I'm going to do before I work on the fuse box is relocate the MAP to the area where the wipers are.

turbo addict

You probably don't want to know. This is the part where if I were a salesman, I would wave my hands in front of your face to distract you from the price. I mean the injector connectors are going to be $5 per, then the plug is going to be about $15 with pins, so that's $35 plus shipping, so $50 is the number I would say. Wish it were less, but I can tell you it was easily double that much for what I've done in my car. Every part of my harness is covered in woven fire proof loom with heat shrink tubing where necessary. If we are both at SDAC or an event I'll give you the details. Like I said, it's an investment but it will last for a long time and the great thing with the stuff I am using (Molex) is that everything is interchangeable. So if I decide to move wires around or if I need to increase the number of wires going through a plug, I just upgrade the number of wires the plug will hold.

I did call the place where I got them listed up top in this thread and asked them about bulk discount pricing. If I can get some interests, I may make them and be able to save some on the connectors, but I don't think they will come off the price that much. The connectors though, man I would upgrade those in a heartbeat. They use a clip that only needs to be depressed to remove the plug from the injector. I could disassemble that area in a matter of minutes if I needed to. Makes working on the car very easy.

Thanks for the comments, btw. I've done some upgrades and it looks a little better now, need to take some pictures. Last thing I'm going to do before I work on the fuse box is relocate the MAP to the area where the wipers are.
    i need the whole harness if the fuel harness is the most expensive part that could wait for now i really need everything mine has none of the looms on it anymore from some kid getting his hands in there and rigging everything up and i dont even want to start trying to fix it because it just does not look good or fixable that's why i wanted something that was in good shape
    but if you can get a group together and a discount i would like to be in on that!

that's an awesome idea to relocate the map
    i too would like a somewhat wire tuck
    not all out but a clean look

i need the whole harness if the fuel harness is the most expensive part that could wait for now i really need everything mine has none of the looms on it anymore from some kid getting his hands in there and rigging everything up and i dont even want to start trying to fix it because it just does not look good or fixable that's why i wanted something that was in good shape
    but if you can get a group together and a discount i would like to be in on that!
    hehe I'm kinda slow. I totally read your post wrong thinking you needed a FUEL rail harness. Seriously, I don't know how I MISSED THE ENGINE PART. Well it would cost a WHOLE lot more than $50, not including the harness. Dang man. I'd still be glad to help you redo the harness though, that won't stop my commitment to TMs!!! Just need to find a good harness. Dude in Sasketchwean (sp?) has a harness and a SMEC, although I've already asked for the SMEC.

Really, the parts I would replace or change would be the plugs for the fuel, ambient temp, knock, O2, 8 pin to the starter area and then redo the sub harness to the alternator, water temp, coolant temp, etc. Here is a pic of what I did with the lower for my car.

That is the plug in the upper right I use for the other connectors. That right there is my pride and joy.

turbo addict

hehe I'm kinda slow. I totally read your post wrong thinking you needed a FUEL rail harness. Seriously, I don't know how I MISSED THE ENGINE PART. Well it would cost a WHOLE lot more than $50, not including the harness. Dang man. I'd still be glad to help you redo the harness though, that won't stop my commitment to TMs!!! Just need to find a good harness. Dude in Sasketchwean (sp?) has a harness and a SMEC, although I've already asked for the SMEC.

Really, the parts I would replace or change would be the plugs for the fuel, ambient temp, knock, O2, 8 pin to the starter area and then redo the sub harness to the alternator, water temp, coolant temp, etc. Here is a pic of what I did with the lower for my car.

That is the plug in the upper right I use for the other connectors. That right there is my pride and joy.
    haha no big deal every time you posted it seemed you where aiming more towards me just needing a fuel rail harness but i think i have a few extras of those even
    and i know that no doubt it will be more then $50 but the plugs should all be a lot less i would expect there are definitely a ton more to make but in the long run would be worth it

that right there is exactly what i pictured in my head that i thought would look perfect i saw in new cars they use that kind of loom and it looks so clean

the car died when i touched that sub harness today
    so how much would it be for just that for right now?
    that would be a perfect start for me

and ill take the harness from that guy too

thanks man for all the help

haha no big deal every time you posted it seemed you where aiming more towards me just needing a fuel rail harness but i think i have a few extras of those even
    and i know that no doubt it will be more then $50 but the plugs should all be a lot less i would expect there are definitely a ton more to make but in the long run would be worth it

that right there is exactly what i pictured in my head that i thought would look perfect i saw in new cars they use that kind of loom and it looks so clean

the car died when i touched that sub harness today
    so how much would it be for just that for right now?
    that would be a perfect start for me

and ill take the harness from that guy too

thanks man for all the help
    What kinds of sub harness do you have? There are a few different plug types, a square one and a round one and maybe another. If you get a chance to take some pics I can take a look and see if I have one here and you can just send me the old one as a core so to speak, unless it's all jacked up. Give me a call too, I'll PM you my number.