Thread: K car digital dash lighting issue

K car digital dash lighting issue

I replaced the digital dash in my 87 Town & Country wagon because the section that shows the oil pressure and battery voltage wasn't quite as bright as the rest of the panel. Well sure enough, after swapping out the dash, the same section is considerably more dim than the rest...so I'd imagine it's an issue not related to the cluster itself. BTW the knob for the lights is rotated all the way to the brightest setting.

Anyone else have the same issue or know what I should investigate?

[FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster

Re: K car digital dash lighting issue

I'm not completely sure but I think the problem is in your cluster itself.
    There are little transistor thingies in there that burn out and cause dark spots in the clusters.
    But this is just a guess from previous digital dashes I have owned that did this.

If you ask me, it looks like it isn't getting a good ground to that section. If that is one of the clusters I sold you, they both worked fine when I pulled them.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Quote Originally Posted by TopDollar69 View Post
    If you ask me, it looks like it isn't getting a good ground to that section. If that is one of the clusters I sold you, they both worked fine when I pulled them.
    Right Ben, this is your cluster...and it's acting exactly like the one I took out, so I'm sure your cluster is fine.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had ever seen this happen or knew the cause.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Mine lights up bright till I start the car if it's above 80 degrees out then the whole thing except the trip meter will go so dim you can't see it.