Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1437

Thread: The Making of the "GLH-R/T"

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: The Making of the "GLH-R/T"

I like the look of the tucked bumper, however... My roadrace GLHS ran hotter (like 15 degrees ) after I did the tuck. I have a TU radiator and an oil cooler out front as well so be ready to watch the temps a lil closer

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

I love the tuck...but did you cut off the bottom of the bumper? You may have problems like what Alan said. Just keep an eye on the water temp when cruising on the HWY.

So, I'm confused....is the car gonna make it to SDAC? I sure hope so.

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Re: Another Holset TIII..

Thanks for the heads-up on the bumper tuck guys. I did notice it was running warmer that first drive home but, my coolant was a little low and I had no bumper on before that so I chalked it up to that. What do people do with the bumper? Cut the bottom or just not tuck it? I was thinking about cutting the bottom of the bumper on the leading edge and bending it down to form a air duct into the radiator.

Car will not be at SDAC, I'm flying in.
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

If you haven't done the S10 front fascia mod I would try that for starters. That should move more air through the rad. I would also duct the heck out of the IC/RAD area. That alone will make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    If you haven't done the S10 front fascia mod I would try that for starters. That should move more air through the rad. I would also duct the heck out of the IC/RAD area. That alone will make a big difference.
    S10 air mod is done.... You can see it in the pic of the bumper tuck. Lol
    Carroll

So it is. I did not notice that at first. Perhaps a flat plate on the bottom sticking out a few inches then?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up on the bumper tuck guys. I did notice it was running warmer that first drive home but, my coolant was a little low and I had no bumper on before that so I chalked it up to that. What do people do with the bumper? Cut the bottom or just not tuck it? I was thinking about cutting the bottom of the bumper on the leading edge and bending it down to form a air duct into the radiator.

Car will not be at SDAC, I'm flying in.
    Flying in to SDAC?? So weaksauce dude

BTW, I met a drunk guy at my local watering hole the other night, he travels on the JuJitsu circuit competing, said he knows you. He walked out on his $27. bar tab so I'll bet he does know you I think he was just hammered and forgot to pay so I settled it with the barkeep so there wouldn't be any drama. I'll just get it from you since he's your buddy

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Flying in to SDAC?? So weaksauce dude

BTW, I met a drunk guy at my local watering hole the other night, he travels on the JuJitsu circuit competing, said he knows you. He walked out on his $27. bar tab so I'll bet he does know you I think he was just hammered and forgot to pay so I settled it with the barkeep so there wouldn't be any drama. I'll just get it from you since he's your buddy
    Yes, only douches fly in to SDAC lol. Now that your not married, your supposed to be talking to the ladies at the watering hole Alan! Do I have to teach you everything?! I'll give you some pointers if we can find a nice gentlemans spot around SDAC The Green Iroc is waiting for me at the Hotel....we can race for that $27.
    Carroll

turbo addict

Uh oh. Already some wagers working in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carroll

Possessed perhaps?

Possessed perhaps?

Yeah same thing....whatever it is, it likes messing things up!

Drove her up to Philly on Saturday so Brian could do a few minor things. Got the crank pulley dowelled and fabricated a pointer so I can stop trying to set my timing by looking thru the Trans window at a whiteout mark. Also centered the motor in the car, had to slot the passengers side motor mount a little to get it right. Then we did a few 4th gear pulls and tuned the cal up the 11 lbs. Car is running really good at 15lbs now! Huge thanks to Brian for coming in on his off day(on a holiday weekend)to help me out!

Biggest problem right now is that the car puffs smoke after a hard decel. My turbo is leaking on the compressor side and blowing oil into my intake, theres also a small drip on the outside running down the compressor. Menegon told me that he cleaned a lot of oil out of my intake when he did my head so I think it was already leaking before I pulled it. Hopefully thats the only reason it's smoking. Noticed a crack in the lower radiator hose by the clamp when she was on the lift so I gotta replace that. Ordered a kit to rewire my Fuel pump with upgraded wires. Also my remote filter adapter is leaking so I gotta replace that too. F'ing project cars man.

I may go to Test N Tune @ Cecil on Wednesday to see where she's at and then pull the turbo to be rebuilt and fix all the other gremlins. Sucks because it has less than 10K on it....but no warranty cause it sat for so long. Haunted.
    Carroll

I sure hope you can get it out on Wed. I would love to see what it can do even if at 15PSI. I bet it's really impressive.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I sure hope you can get it out on Wed. I would love to see what it can do even if at 15PSI. I bet it's really impressive.
    Where's the like button?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

No track today.... Rain.

I'm surprised how affordable precisions turbo rebuilds are. They want $185 for a full rebuild and balance. 10 day turn around.
    Carroll

Hybrid booster

I had an old SC50 rebuild that needed the shaft and wheels replaced. It cost me almost 600 bucks and they didn't even balance it. Sounds like you've got the hook up

No track today.... Rain.

I'm surprised how affordable precisions turbo rebuilds are. They want $185 for a full rebuild and balance. 10 day turn around.
    Well, hopefully they don't treat you like they did Reeves. IIRC they didn't treat him very well.

Well, hopefully they don't treat you like they did Reeves. IIRC they didn't treat him very well.
    What happened with Reeves??
    Carroll

What happened with Reeves??
    You would have to do a search to get the whole deal, but IIRC he had a turbo fail and then two rebuilds failed on him almost immediately. They didn't try to work with him on prices at all and when it went the last time they wouldn't work with him on the price of a new one since apparently humpty dumpty couldn't be put back together again. It's been a while, but they lost my business through the way they treated him.

You would have to do a search to get the whole deal, but IIRC he had a turbo fail and then two rebuilds failed on him almost immediately. They didn't try to work with him on prices at all and when it went the last time they wouldn't work with him on the price of a new one since apparently humpty dumpty couldn't be put back together again. It's been a while, but they lost my business through the way they treated him.
    That sucks....I hope I don't go thru that too! Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all impressed that I have to rebuild this turbo when it has less than 10k on it! I just can't afford another turbo right now. The next turbo I get won't be Precision either way. I'll go with a Garrett or Comp Turbo in the future. When I was shopping the Precision turbo the guy at my local Performance Shop tried to talk me out of them. He told me they just dropped them because they were having so many issues with brand new turbos leaking or failing prematurely and the warranty program sucked. He tried to sell me a GTX series and raved about the turbo and Garretts warranty program. ....I should have listened lol. Some people have great success with Precision, Maybe it's my HauntD car.

In other news...I took a holesaw to the bottom of my tucked bumper and that brought my temps back down at cruise. Easy fix, thanks Reeves and Alan Alan Alan. I also made new plastic pieces to go between my door panel and door. Searched for that tacky adhesive that seals the plastic to the door and couldn't find it. Finally called 3M help desk and they got me the correct part in no time! Put my door panels back on. I ordered a universal Dorman coolant tank from Amazon and installed that today also. Bought a Horn and installed that too, finally. I don't like the sound though so I'm gonna replace it. Slowly getting there.......
    Carroll