Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1437

Thread: The Making of the "GLH-R/T"

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: The Making of the "GLH-R/T"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3Iroc View Post
    Is it done yet?
    Kelly! good to see you again.. how's your r/t doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    I'm just glad I was waaaaay under the car and couldn't see Bills hairy junk hanging over me
    LMAO !!!
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

turbo addict

Re: Another Holset TIII..

I had it out a couple times last year. This year should see more action.

Baker popped out the exhaust cam seal before the drags at 19. I was riding right behind and we thought he lost his motor.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3Iroc View Post
    Baker popped out the exhaust cam seal before the drags at 19. I was riding right behind and we thought he lost his motor.
    I thought it was a cam seal! lol

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

I'm guessing Carroll took last year off like me, but hey man... it's that time of year again, I want to see that car get time slips this year !
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Garrett booster

Anyone know what's happened to this insane build? This thing is one of the craziest builds I've seen on here and to my knowledge it still hasn't made a clean pass sadly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan15 View Post
    Anyone know what's happened to this insane build? This thing is one of the craziest builds I've seen on here and to my knowledge it still hasn't made a clean pass sadly?
    I know lol! Glad you enjoyed the build and hopefully it helped you in some way.

Honestly, I just lost interest in the car. I was spending a lot of time and money only to keep having unfortunate things happen with the build that required more money. I became more interested in traveling the world. So between work, Jiu-Jitsu, girlfriend and travels, it was too much. On top of all that, I had/have a ton of home improvement talking up the little free time I had. Plus, It seemed like the car was possessed and didn't wanna cooperate. In hindsight I did some things wrong and contributed to the Gremlins, not because I was trying to cut corners...it was just part of the learning curve.

I contemplated selling the car a few times over the last couple years. Felt wrong to have it sitting in my driveway in the elements rusting away........so I traded it in for a Focus RS since the dealer had a promotion for trade-ins. I got 5K for her which is better and less stressful than trying to sell to a bunch of low ballers.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I did not know that. Do you know what became of the car?

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Holy crap.
    Are you serious?
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    ........so I traded it in for a Focus RS since the dealer had a promotion for trade-ins. I got 5K for her which is better and less stressful than trying to sell to a bunch of low ballers.

This is worse than when I found out Santa wasn't real... Now I just wish I could continue living in ignorance and live with the hope of the vehicle someday returning gloriously and running 8's! Haha.

But I understand priorities and interests change. And I definitely understand the frustration that follows seemingly unfixable problems.

Thanks for the response. Hopefully someday it will be found and brought back to the community.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

I know lol! Glad you enjoyed the build and hopefully it helped you in some way.

Honestly, I just lost interest in the car. I was spending a lot of time and money only to keep having unfortunate things happen with the build that required more money. I became more interested in traveling the world. So between work, Jiu-Jitsu, girlfriend and travels, it was too much. On top of all that, I had/have a ton of home improvement talking up the little free time I had. Plus, It seemed like the car was possessed and didn't wanna cooperate. In hindsight I did some things wrong and contributed to the Gremlins, not because I was trying to cut corners...it was just part of the learning curve.

I contemplated selling the car a few times over the last couple years. Felt wrong to have it sitting in my driveway in the elements rusting away........so I traded it in for a Focus RS since the dealer had a promotion for trade-ins. I got 5K for her which is better and less stressful than trying to sell to a bunch of low ballers.
    While it's a bit of a shock to hear this, I think the Bigger Shock will be when the Right person lifts the hood on that little Omni "trade in". LMAO!!!!!

I mean, Can you Imagine?!

Hopefully someone scoops it before it's Test Driven to DEATH!!!!!!!!

Or did you do the sane thing and put it completely back to stock before trading it?

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

turbo addict

Theres no way someone at the dealer didn't scoop it up.

Hybrid booster

Wowsa

I call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I call BS.
    Thank God. I was totally joking about trading the car in for a Focus RS guys lmao! It's still rusting away in my driveway sadly. I did just put a aeromotive 340 pump in. Big thanks to B.Slowe for welding the AN fittings on my sending unit. I used a fuel bulkhead fitting to run 12g wires from the dedicated relay through the sending unit.

Car runs but has just been sitting....if anything changes I'll be sure to post it here. If I decide to sell it or part it, I'll post it here. Hope all you guys are doing good and enjoying life!

Thank God. I was totally joking about trading the car in for a Focus RS guys lmao! It's still rusting away in my driveway sadly. I did just put a aeromotive 340 pump in. Big thanks to B.Slowe for welding the AN fittings on my sending unit. I used a fuel bulkhead fitting to run 12g wires from the dedicated relay through the sending unit.

Car runs but has just been sitting....if anything changes I'll be sure to post it here. If I decide to sell it or part it, I'll post it here. Hope all you guys are doing good and enjoying life!
    But you're still traveling the world, doing yoga while listening to your girlfriend's music? I forget all you said you've been doing.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Glad to see year you still have it. Hope to hear that you're driving it again, soon!
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    But you're still traveling the world, doing yoga while listening to your girlfriend's music? I forget all you said you've been doing.
    Traveling Europe with my side chick doing pilates while listening to my love slaves music.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Traveling Europe with my side chick doing pilates while listening to my love slaves music.
    Nobody likes a show-off...
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Dude, I thought you would at least drag it out a Few more days! Although I Do remember being in the same position some years ago about a Certain track time and felt like a total Heel when I came back and realized that everyone Seemed to be swallowing it HL+S!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Glad to hear it. Do you have any pictures of how you ran the wires through there?