Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1437

Thread: The Making of the "GLH-R/T"

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Re: The Making of the "GLH-R/T"

Dude i am very happy for you thinking this year is going to be a very fast year for our group
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

boostaholic

Re: Another Holset TIII..

Freakin awesome Carroll!!! So what ended up being the problem with the engine as to why it was smoking? Man love that racepak is that the iq3 or the iq3s? I'm glad you stuck with it! Can't wait till the tracks open back up!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Congrats. It's been too long for mere mortals to stick it out. That's for sure. I can't wait for the reports from the track.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lengel View Post
    Freakin awesome Carroll!!! So what ended up being the problem with the engine as to why it was smoking? Man love that racepak is that the iq3 or the iq3s? I'm glad you stuck with it! Can't wait till the tracks open back up!
    Thanks Adam! Looks like it was the bottom end that was the culprit, Steve tried to get the guides/seals to leak on the bench and was unable to. Either way, it's a new bottom end now with JE's and a rebuilt(again)Head. Hopefully it seals up tight and gives me years of service! RacePak is a IQ3. I REALLY, REALLY LOVE the racepak!!! I just programmed it to get the gear indicator and odometer working. You input the gear ratio's, and tire rollout and it calculates a RPM/Speed ratio for each gear to determine what gear you're in. Being that I don't have GPS speed on my racepak it gets a little tricky. I'll test to see if I was successful tomorrow. If not, I can try another way. I really don't need the gear indicator and could just remove it from the display. Not like I don't know what gear I'm in lol. I do need/want the odometer to work though.

My front crank seal is leaking which F****** sucks. I'm going to Drive to B's and replace it and the I-shaft seal with a genuine Mopar Seal.

turbo addict

Guessing your worry about GPS is that GPS doesn't lie when you are spinning the tires. Thats a problem for gear based boost too. Last time I checked it didn't seem like there was a fast or high resolution GPS output sensor available.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Guessing your worry about GPS is that GPS doesn't lie when you are spinning the tires. Thats a problem for gear based boost too. Last time I checked it didn't seem like there was a fast or high resolution GPS output sensor available.
    Actually, my "display only" IQ3 doesn't support the IQ3 GPS speed sensor, no place to plug it in. I wouldn't have gotten it anyways as the dash and associated modules, Bigstuff3 Upgrade, and pressure sensors were costly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lengel View Post
    ....is that the iq3 or the iq3s?
    Adam, I didn't even know there was a IQ3s until you mentioned it. I just looked it up, must've came out after I had bought mine. I'm glad too as I was able to get everything I needed/wanted to function on this one without spending the extra $300. Odometer is apparently needed for a street car and I got that working, speed I really wanted to work and it does now, I wanted gear indicator to work for coolness factor and completeness more than anything and that works. The other functions of the IQ3s like turn signal indicator and High beams I don't need/want cause my stock stuff is there. I honestly don't see the need for it and can't see why anyone would pay that much extra for those features. I will say this....the info on the web/forums about programming the IQ3 to do speed, odometer, and gear indicator is almost non-existent. Even the IQ3 manual is lacking. Hardly any info or tutorials showing you how to set those things up! Maybe the IQ3s addresses these things.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Fix that oil leak yet?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Fix that oil leak yet?
    LOL...Will be at B's again next Saturday. Feel free to come help me pull the front seal!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    LOL...Will be at B's again next Saturday. Feel free to come help me pull the front seal!
    Say hi to Mini for me!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Say hi to Mini for me!
    I've seen and been inside Mini(no pun intended)a couple times since its been there lol.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

In the past the OEM seals were a superior design, they went to the same crappier design as the aftermarket during Chryslers last flirt with death. The OEM installation tools if there at your disposal do greatly aid in not getting it crooked or damaged from dragging over the crank snout.
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    I've seen and been inside Mini(no pun intended)a couple times since its been there lol.
    Lol. Treat her nice.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    In the past the OEM seals were a superior design, they went to the same crappier design as the aftermarket during Chryslers last flirt with death. The OEM installation tools if there at your disposal do greatly aid in not getting it crooked or damaged from dragging over the crank snout.
    I kinda doubt Chrysler Corp had a factory somewhere that made their own gaskets and seals. That stuff is outsourced. Sure they may have had a Pentastar and a Mopar part number on it, but that was mainly for ID purposes.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I kinda doubt Chrysler Corp had a factory somewhere that made their own gaskets and seals. That stuff is outsourced. Sure they may have had a Pentastar and a Mopar part number on it, but that was mainly for ID purposes.
    THe OEM also spec's out the original part.

Working on clearing the decks.

Not really trying to get into a lengthy discussion about the quality of "OEM" vs "aftermarket" seals. I'm sure plenty of folks are running non OEM seals with zero issues. I've run aftermarket cam seals for years on my TIII engine as the OEM are NLA. I probably just rolled/cut the lips or maybe had a tear I didn't catch, stuff happens. I will say this though...the seal I put on was all metal on the outside whereas the OEM isn't. Either way, it will get changed out here soon.

turbo addict

Is it done yet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09946.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	57187  

LOL, I forgot what I was changing in Bill's page that time. Cam seal?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

It ate an axle or the carrier bearing I think. I tied it up with my belt so it would roll back to the pits. I'm just glad I was waaaaay under the car and couldn't see Bills hairy junk hanging over me

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL