Thread: Coolant mod

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Coolant mod

Any suggestions for relocating coolant recovery bottle on a 'J' body? I want to install HID's and that location is needed for the left ballast.

Re: Coolant mod

You can run the overflow line anywhere, just can be cumbersome if it's too long. I'd run it to the passenger side close to where the charcoal canister is/was depending on your setup. My next radiator, I'm flipping things around and moving the fill cap on the passenger side and the inlet to the driver's side. Mainly so I can do the overflow elsewhere, but also to find a solution for the upper radiator hose since the one I have is no longer being made.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

I use a small resevoir from a toyota. It cost $5 and I can put it anywhere. No cooling system problems in 3 years.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Sports bottle... true racers overflow

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    You can run the overflow line anywhere, just can be cumbersome if it's too long. I'd run it to the passenger side close to where the charcoal canister is/was depending on your setup. My next radiator, I'm flipping things around and moving the fill cap on the passenger side and the inlet to the driver's side. Mainly so I can do the overflow elsewhere, but also to find a solution for the upper radiator hose since the one I have is no longer being made.
    I dont know what your exact setup is but Omni-Potent does sell an upper radiator hose for the GLHS.

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    I dont know what your exact setup is but Omni-Potent does sell an upper radiator hose for the GLHS.
    Well I think that hose is discontinued. He may still have some, but I don't have need for one right now. I may get one if it's still in stock, but I think eventually I will be flipping my radiator, so to speak. I have tons of room on the passenger side, yet I left everything as normal and have the overflow on the driver's side where I have much less room. :-\
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Well I think that hose is discontinued. He may still have some, but I don't have need for one right now. I may get one if it's still in stock, but I think eventually I will be flipping my radiator, so to speak. I have tons of room on the passenger side, yet I left everything as normal and have the overflow on the driver's side where I have much less room. :-\
    Hey Jon! Guess what - you are in luck. We do not plan to discontinue these and will run as many batches as we need so long as there is a need.

Quote Originally Posted by OMNI-Potent View Post
    Hey Jon! Guess what - you are in luck. We do not plan to discontinue these and will run as many batches as we need so long as there is a need.
    hehe I guess I was thinking of some other hose? Good to hear Greg, thanks for letting me know. You need to quit making stuff I need. And don't worry, I have a list of things you make I need.

Hybrid booster

In regards to coolant hoses on a GLHS or an L-body with a T2 rad/cooler, can Daytona hoses be cut to fit (assuming one doesn't care about factory looking hoses) or are they incompatible?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Omni-potents website shows the difference between the L body and K body radiator hoses.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Sports bottle... true racers overflow
    +1 i just stuffed a 2 liter soda bottle next to my IC

best part is if you launch hard enough at the strip youll leave it behind and shave about 2 pounds off

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    Omni-potents website shows the difference between the L body and K body radiator hoses.
    Not a huge difference...